Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You ask - I'll answer (or at least will try)
05-09-2008, 08:28 AM,
You ask - I'll answer (or at least will try)
Hello everyone,

since struggling through - what seems - endless lists is part of my daily work I thought it would be a nice change (at least for me Wink ) to change the course. (please don't get upset with me, I tried to go through the threads and posts, but this place is even more huge like it was once upon a time ...)

So, if there are any questions about Silgrad TES III, feel free to ask and I'll try to provide you with all the information I got or still can remember.

What kind of questions? Whatever comes to your mind. Big Grin

Things that need to be clarified / explained / resolved / etc., things that satisfy your curiosities, the ideas behind certain interiors / NPCs / areas ... whatever.

And since I assume that this little quirk is still an itch on your back - I'm trying to get information about the complete story of the Murdered Baker Quest. The quest is based on an episode of a very popular German TV crime series, "Tatort" (which could be translated as "crime scene") and since there most probably are websites dedicated to this series, it should be only a matter of time to get the whole story (no - I'm not going to complete the quest once I got the info; quest-making has never been my cup of tea Wink )

So, let the inquisition begin.

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
05-09-2008, 02:10 PM,

Ah!

In our occasional communication with Valderon on this, somehow I'd gotten the idea that it was based on a film and not on a TV show. That would explain why my Googling went nowhere. Smile

Thanks for your research on that,
Steve
05-09-2008, 02:17 PM,
RE: You ask - I'll answer (or at least will try)
Too Cool

Thier are still a few questions which I either haven't asked or just had not gotten an answer

Yes the MBQ I had hoped to incorporate it and still plan on doing such, the robe of concealment did not work properly but that was easily fixed, we had the remainer translated. so the question would be.. is it translated correctly?

What is the real purpose of Nohrgrim Tomb and who is Macares Dren ? (besides a crazy wizard) I had spoken with Deus about this but never got a firm answer and after reading some of the old forum posts I was even more confused Big Grin

Thats all I got for now

Enjoy
Diet Bob
Now with extra carbon dioxide gas
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
05-10-2008, 02:04 AM,

@SACarrow: it's quite easy to get the idea, because the length of each episode is 90 minutes. It's the oldest and most popular crime series in Germany with several hundred episodes since 1970.

This is also part of the problem since I don't know, if it was a new one when Valderon saw it and got the idea for the MBQ or if it was a rerun. :eek: The episode guides I've found so far have not been very detailed and complex stories (like the one in the MBQ) come in bundles.

Nevertheless, the research continues.

@bob196045: I'm not sure about the translation (I always kept the MBQ away from me ... with a stick ... a long stick) so it'd be best, if you sent me both (original and translation) and I'll take a look at it

And who is Macares Dren? That is a good question ... a very good question ... quite an extraordinary question ... is it obvious that I'm stalling? Wink

To be honest: right here, right now, I have no idea, if there was more behind Dren and the tomb than just another mad mage.
It might jog my memory, if you could direct me towards the posts you read (is the old forum down for good? This link http://www.silgrad.com/forum/portal.php doesn't work for me at least)

I'll try to get some of my rusty brain cells working and have a look at the tomb itself.

Oh and it might be that I found the correct episode ... at least. The plot summary is ridiculously short though.

More later (somehow I think I should be in bed)

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
05-10-2008, 02:40 AM,

Thanks Sir

Yes Bed comes earlier as you get up in years, with your recent celebration you should be in bed by 8 pm :lmao: I'm working on 7 PM Big Grin

Thanks for the info

here is the link to the MBQ scenes and Sandors Translation of some of it, theirs still a few scenes missing.. you can keep the stick if you wish

The murdered baker quest

As far as the old forum goes I am not sure yet RW said he could get it back up and running if needed but I was ok without it.

I didn't find anything out either about Macares Dren, what we had decided on was to use him and the Tomb as part of the Cerro Vampire Quest, which is currently in many little pieces on my PC...lots of brainstorming, very little action :eek:

But ES4 plans on using the Cerro and we are slowly working out the details

Have a nice rest

Enjoy
Bob

05-10-2008, 09:32 AM,

Okidoki, Mr. Bob, Sir, Big Grin

thanks a lot for the link and the info.

I had a short look at the translation and as far as I can tell by now it looks pretty accurate, but I'll give it a closer look later on.

Too bad that the really important part (who murdered that cursed baker) is still missing ... oh well. Oh well, let's all pray for a solid episode guide.

About Macares Dren: even staring at it for almost an quarter of an hour didn't bring any enlightenment, so the course you've taken with Mr. Mysterious Macares is as good as anything I can think of (or even better).

Oh .. for all of you who wondered about the original title of the MBQ, it's

"Bienzle und der Tod im Teig" which is "Bienzle and the death in the dough" in English ...

Greetings

Quentin
05-10-2008, 09:41 AM,

Very Good

I appreciates it

"Bienzle und der Tod I'm Teig" which is "Bienzle and the death in the dough" in English

Now that makes sense !

Enjoy
Bob

05-19-2008, 08:13 PM,

Hmmpf ... grmmmmmpfff ...

slowly but steady I got the impression that it is much easier to get the true identity of Jack the Ripper than finding out who murdered that &/()$)%ยง? baker.

I've been through about a dozen or more sites dedicated to the series and until now I haven't found a single episode guide that could provide me with a proper synopsis. It seems that we'll either have to wait for a re-run ... or for a reply from the TV station that aired it. I'm not sure, if they reply to my request, but the last re-run of the episode was in February 2008 and so I fear another one will take some time.

I'll let you know as soon as I got anymore information.

At least I can say that the translation is solid ( :check: for that)

Greetings

Quentin (slightly haunted by the MBQ)
05-19-2008, 08:44 PM,

We did make up some of our own ideas but none of them were real just jokes

Thanks for looking

but we can make up the rest if needed

Enjoy
Bob

06-21-2008, 08:10 PM,

The time of guessing - it's over!

I have still no idea, which one of the Fae guided my hand, but last night I strolled through my TV guide, checking out, if there'd be anything interesting to watch (besides the soccer game between Russia and the Netherlands) ... when I stumbled over the words "Bienzle und der Tod im Teig" :pop:

During my researches I had come across a page that listed all of the re-runs for 2008, but this one wasn't on the list.

To make it short: I watched it, armed with lots of coffee & cigarettes, pen & paper and watched & wrote & wrote & watched - 8 pages, full of notes.

And now - after more than five years - I know who murdered that #&%$ baker.
the price for the information is the usual: half the kingdom and the hand of the beautiful, charming & intelligent princess Wink

I'll put it all together in a legible format (maybe I take some pics of my hieroglyphs) later on and compare it to what we have until now; it seems that Valderon changed a few things according to the different settings and I'll have to see how the end fits in. Maybe I'll even make an edition of the original plot, that could be used in the TES IV version, but that's a matter of time.

And now it's time for a beer and the second half of the soccer game (where Russia scored a goal and leads 1 - 0)

Greetings

Quentin