Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your friend from up North
05-22-2006, 04:16 AM,
RE: up north friends
Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
I'm glad I'm learning all this stuff

Just so you know, by creating seperate esp's for the interiors and merging them all together worked...except one thing, you probably allready know

doubling....2 of each NPC nothing else though just the NPC

I know theirs a way to fix it
Just dont know how

Smile

Bob

That well happen when updating esp's and using old save games, try starting a new game and there well only be 1 of each npc.
MSN: ancientdwarvenchaosknight@hotmail.com
05-22-2006, 04:23 AM,
up north folk
Too Cool

i shall give it a go
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
05-22-2006, 10:34 AM,

That's very odd. I've never had that happen to me in the old CS, and I sometimes worked in cells with more than 600 ref counts (which was really pushing my card back then in -04).

Then i wonder if it is a bug that Bethesda introduced in later versions of the construction set ? I use the GOTY one i purchased aproximately 12 months ago. In addition to myself and Bob there have been a couple of others who have described similar problems on the Silgrad forums. There are also a couple of instances in the Silgrad Tower mod where it looks like the problem has been imported in into a couple of places.

If you see exterior cells which have exact borders that look chopped off and you can see underneath the landscape that is most likely because the cell data beyond that cell has been chopped out on purpose with a cleaner tool.

Yes in some situations, however i discovered the problem last year when i was trying to alter the Balmora Expanded mod, all i was trying to do was to replace static items with retextured ones, I never touched the landscape editor at all but when i came to check my work in game i noticed that there were a couple of places which had a split in the landscape and/or various static items had disappeared. After trying several times to save directly to the BE esp it occurred to me that cell data was being lost and consequently not being saved hence the missing statics and splits in the landscape due to missing height references. The specs of my PC exceed Oblivions requirements let alone Morrowinds so i doubt it is a hardware issue.
05-22-2006, 01:05 PM,
up north
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh OK
(this is just my jaw dropping dumb look)

I guess since my CS knowledge is minimal I'm really not understanding all what your talking about.. with regard to seeing under the landscape

Is this similar to the ingame experience of jumping into a rock or falling into the sea under a tomb ?

Also I did find the door it was in the wilderness, it was wierd. for some reason my door marker was duplicated and the 2 markers were fixed in the same space, but when I moved it... their was the other... and even though the teleport was set to the interior of the house I had selected, when I clicked it it sent me to the void and their was the marker and the door floating in a grey void

Of course I got rid of it all and now its working fine

but I did it in seperate emp's and then merged
I could go back and make new ones using the ST mod as the active file and see if it does it again

Thanks
Bob

05-22-2006, 04:45 PM,
RE: up north
I guess since my CS knowledge is minimal I'm really not understanding all what your talking about.. with regard to seeing under the landscape

Is this similar to the ingame experience of jumping into a rock or falling into the sea under a tomb ?

This is the type of thing we are talking about : -

http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/attachment.p...mentid=478
05-22-2006, 04:50 PM,
things were talking about
AH HAAAA

ok no I havent seen that at all

Nice picture, maybe good for a city in the clouds all those begin moutain tops

thanks
Bob

06-14-2006, 09:13 AM,
RE: up north
Quote:Originally posted by Slartibartfast

This is the type of thing we are talking about : -

http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/attachment.p...mentid=478
Sorry for the late reply, but yes, that was what I was talking about, that is most likely one of the cells on the border regions, or on the mountains to the south.

What happens is someone made that mountain continue on into the next cell, and that new cell was either never named, or there was no region information for that cell, when this happens, the CS decides there's nothing important there and removes that cell.
Either that or someone decided to delete/ignore that cell.

Something similar can happen when merging mods that share cells, but that well result in un-even seams, which well mean you'll probably have to delete that cell and redo it all over again.
MSN: ancientdwarvenchaosknight@hotmail.com
07-14-2006, 07:00 PM,

I've had the land height disappearing problem, it seems to only occur though, in sections of the claim with "gaps" in the land height to begin with. So if I load two adjacent claims at once whose land heights are not similar, sometimes sections of height data will go away or be moved up or downand their textures deleted.

It's not an occurence I see too often, though.