Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a little confused...
05-31-2009, 06:07 AM,
a little confused...
Well, Ive roamed around the treads and to be honest I have no clue who is leading the project. but i'd LOVE to lend a hand to help.

I have skills using photoshop / softimage XSI for drawing, textures, and modeling. I can also help with any voice acting, but im not much for c++, script, or much of any code ;/ (except for scripting in XSI but hats... easy D: )

here's an example of a sword I did in about 40 minutes from scratch to in-game

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/3269/...000438.png (sorry its rather large)

any who, I cant wait to hear from you guys! Big Grin

-Fav
05-31-2009, 09:33 AM,

Hello Favill!

To answer your question, the leader of the project is Ibsen's Ghost. I'm sure he will be along soon to introduce himself.

That's an impressive range of skills you've got there, I'm sure there's all sorts of things you could work on here, depending on what sort of things you fancy doing. Modelling in particular would be great, especially if you like making weapons, as I think that custom weapons for the Argonian tribes was discussed recently.

Again, Ibsen's Ghost is the person to talk to, because he's in charge of the lists of what needs doing. I've been away for a while so my information will be a bit out of date.

I hope you have fun here!
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
05-31-2009, 12:03 PM,

A big welcome to you, Favill! =)

Black Marsh has been going for quite a while now and it's changed hands a few times. There have been about 5 leaders already by my guess: The Old Ye Bard, KuKulza, SwedishFish, Tlo1048 and myself. That makes for a pretty messy forum at times but everything is kept fairly neatly archived but it's not ideal. I think a few members have abused their positions of power at times, swaggering around with a big leader badge without actually making much progress at all. X( Most of the important posts have been taken over by myself though with an addition to the original post. Now, at last, we're moving forward!

Anyway, this is where you need to go first: New Modders Start Here . You should be able to find things from there. Any problems, just PM me or post them up here on this thread.

After a splurge of activity earlier in the week, I've taken a little time off and may be unavailable again for a couple of days as I'll be in hospital having an operation....nothing too serious, though. It's fairly routine.

Taking a look at your skills, you can definitely be a valuable asset. I wondered if you might like to work on this for starters: Banners . Check out the first post for details but the post that this links to also leads to some pix that may come in useful. It's just a suggestion though. Feel free to browse claims and stuff.

It would be an enormous help if we can have more people working on interiors and dungeons though so any assistance you could provide in that sense would be great.....just a little now and then is enough. Interiors are small claims but they can be tedious if you end up doing one after the other so it's nice to keep ticking them off.

Welcome to the Black Marshes.... :wave:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
05-31-2009, 06:52 PM,

Hello Favill!

It's nice to see another wanting to join Blackmarsh. Yep, listen to what Ibsen has to say - he's in charge.

I see you won't need any help getting models into Oblivion, judging by the sword pic you showed, so good luck and have fun with what you choose to do for us.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
06-01-2009, 04:35 AM,

as my wacom tablet seems to be out of order, i'll pick up some copics and start on the banner right away! (mind if I have rights to show it off in an art portfolio for later on?)

and thank you for the warm welcome! =)

-Fav
06-01-2009, 07:53 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Favill
mind if I have rights to show it off in an art portfolio for later on?)

Not at all. You're very welcome! :yes:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]