Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a quest idea from oblivion (Dead)
05-21-2009, 08:07 AM,
a quest idea from oblivion (Dead)
hi readers and viewers

in the oblivion main quests there is one thing i allways enjoy to play and thats when you're going to enter the great gate how about letting a similar in the BM but you maybe going to storm a castle or something cause its always fun when you have your arme' and every one helps you against a large ammount of opponents

please tell me what you think
a good laugh make you live longer so i am a immortal
05-21-2009, 08:15 AM,

That's a little far out of our range as far as lore is concerned. The view that many hold is that Daedra-related stuff just doesn't fit in. However, gameplay-wise, we'll probably do something a little similar with the Hist Dimension.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
05-21-2009, 11:02 AM,

Maybe entering some kind of impassable swamp? :eek:
05-21-2009, 04:25 PM,

mmm. perhaps the whole storming a castle Idea can be related to a mission from an anti-imperial group of argonians? my 2 cents
05-29-2009, 09:35 PM,

Or maybe one of the Dres syndicate's forts? Perhaps an Argonian tribe could be trying to retake old territory that they lost during the war, and hiring mercenaries to help them do it (enter the player).

Better yet, you could script it so that the player could instead choose to be hired by the Dres, and then attack the Argonians, that way you could have two missions for close to the same effort in modding.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
05-30-2009, 06:41 PM,

This goes back a little bit to the idea proposed by someone else related to battles in Oblivion. The idea was that if you have a battle scene, something like Thermopylae with the Spartans, where the besieged are under attack in some kind of mountain pass, you could create the illusion of mass battles by using animated figures on the unapproachable high ground and centre most of the activity in a fog-swamped central channel down which the enemies would spawn and be released, ready for your platoon to deal with.

This is very plausible, methinks. In fact, I particularly like the idea of a 'rally' into enemy territory via such high ground. You could lead a group of daring combatants to the warlord's war tent in an attempt to strike at the heart of the battle. This could be achieved if you act with speed and precision. Otherwise, more enemies spawn in the same way they would if an army learned that their leader was under attack.

The same thing happened in 'Gates of Fire' by Steven Pressfield, a really cool book that historically documents that battle of Thermopylae to quite impressive accuracy and makes good entertainment out of the whole thing, too!
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
01-29-2011, 02:46 AM,

Or, it could be the Sotho Tren end quest where Sotho get taken to Blackrose and the Sotho Tren strom the prison while you and the next in command sneak in and get him out.
Just a thought. And the second in command can be killed to save you and Sotho so when Sotho like, resigns you can become the head and the the other guy.
The future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, Killjoys, make some noise!
01-29-2011, 10:45 AM,

That would make sense as a final mission. We should keep that in mind. I believe the idea is that the player wouldn't become leader (after all, some people doubt Sotho even exists, and the player won't normally interact with him directly) but become one of his high-ranking bosses, so that could work.

01-29-2011, 10:48 AM,

Cheers
The future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, Killjoys, make some noise!
08-31-2011, 09:46 PM,

I'm afraid we have another case of "drop one then leave" syndrome here. I am going to mark this one as dead, as the Scorpion Pass material which is the only thing of interest here is also mentioned elsewhere.