Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
an island called Vounoura
04-09-2007, 03:16 AM,

What about in the quest telling you of this island you are given a complicated series of clues (It only makes sense to make finding this island a test of your tracking skills.) And then finally told to go to some (specific) island and swim in some (specific) direction with some (specific) item in your inventory and once you get a fair ways out to sea, you 'fall' through the water into an air pocket? I don't know if this is possible but I know there were Surface water textures in Morrowind. (Those which line the outside of the palace of Vivec comes to mind) Once again, I don't Know if this is possible but what about modding your island right on the sea floor in an air pocket? It would certainly make for an interesting experience!

Just an idea Wink
04-09-2007, 03:25 AM,

it would be cool, though you have to wonder...
if they lived in an undersea bubble, wouldn't sharks and Dreugh and whales be a bit of a problem?
04-09-2007, 03:40 AM,

True enough, but I was thinking of some kind of a magical barrier to keep the water out. Though that would logically mean that something has to power it. Hmm.... a questline perhaps, that this item has been stolen/damaged/whatever and you have to save this island? I suppose you could even have it so that if you failed, the barriers dissapear and everyone on the 'island' drowns. This would also mean that the island would have to be way under water so that the NPCs would drown on the way up.

Just out of curiosity, can NPCs drown?
04-09-2007, 03:53 AM,

like a Ghostfence... powered by all of the retired assassins that died in peace on the isle... ?

Somehow I envision the island as a caldera where the Morag Tong had made the outer mountains their wall and littered the caves (that lead into the valley) with traps and dead ends, with only one true and dangerless route under the hills... and in the valley is a serene and peaceful (and deadly if you are NOT Morag Tong) place for rest, sanctuary, and training for the best and most honored of the Morag Tong

but thats just me... I think you're idea is more creative by far
04-09-2007, 04:04 AM,

Creative, perhaps but it may just be too far out there to be viable. Not to mention that this island is your brainchild and should therefore follow your vision accordingly. :yes:
04-09-2007, 04:13 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Moryal
Creative, perhaps but it may just be too far out there to be viable. Not to mention that this island is your brainchild and should therefore follow your vision accordingly. :yes:
well, there is only a tiny bit of info on it and I like to hear all the ideas Big Grin a leader should listen... and my vision, and your vision, as long as mutually good and feasible should be the resultant vision... if you know what I mean
in short and simple, i listen to all ideas, and with consideration for them, decide on the best course
I have my own ideas yes, but there have been times when my cherished ideas really weren't fitting... for example, the betmeri league/pariah kingdoms faction that i argued for its legitimacy really wasn't all that legit... and though i won out the arguement... i diminished it later to simply being ex-slaves and outlaws seeking a new life via mercenary work for the 3 houses
----------------------------

however your idea won't be so easily ignored Moryal, as I explained before, my vision and your can be semi-compatible...
Natural calderas often end up holding water in their dead volcanic crater. That means that there is a lake now in the center of the crater... and so perhaps the halls and gardens and quarters are on the shores of this valley-lake but underwater in the lake there is a secret interior, perhaps where the greatest of Morag Tong's ashes are.. their immense coffers of gold from writs, some of their best weaponry, and their records... and in the center... a shrine to Mephala...

hey it could work... the Morag Tong can truly trust no one but each other... even though defended by secrecy and remoteness, this island is also defended by mountains and booby-trapped caves leading into the valley, which has its own defenses in the more conventional tight alleyways and walls, and then finally the underwater HQ with all the important stuff...

see a cross-pollination of ideas is possible... never doubt your abilities and ideas. this is why I love to lead and some like my leadership, I find ways for things to work, i try to be creative and accomodating within reason...

sounds good?
04-09-2007, 04:24 AM,

Sounds good. If you like the idea of a ghostfence around the island then perhaps this crater could also contain something that powers it. And if not, that's alright too. As I may have mentioned earlier, the time of day and my thinking prowess are inversely proportional. Confusedigh:
04-09-2007, 04:28 AM,

same here.

I'd love to keep conversation but I am very tired, its past 12 AM where I am...
i think that while your activity has kept me awake wanting to answer any and all questions, MY OWN activity has kept you up cause you wanna keep input

let's both go to bed Wink
peace out
04-09-2007, 04:32 AM,

Amen to that, I'm booked in for paintballing early on tommorow. :yes:
04-09-2007, 04:47 AM,

Edit: Nevermind, geeze, I am tired.
My mage is an honor student at the Arcane University.