Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
another idea (Temple/Dagoth/etc. MQuest)
07-09-2006, 02:12 PM,
another idea (Temple/Dagoth/etc. MQuest)
[these are a collection of a lot of different thoughts and so they need a lot of polishing if we are to use them, however I think these are good ideas and I hope you guys consider them okay?]

Alright.... on Vvardenfell there are a lot of Unfinished Tales (yes like the Tolkien book unfinished tales but not the same). Alandro Sul and the Wraithmail was never explored... and what if the Nerevarine returned from Akavir? And Great House Dagoth and the Temple, their aftermath... and Yagrum's disappointment that the Nerevarine had left with the Tools...

but should we make these all small mini-Main-Quests? Or one big complex Main-quest and all comes together in the end? I think the latter is a better choice, just gives it a story type of feel... like a novel, it all comes together.
But how will it be split... well I think we should first establish a few things...

Section 1

These are the major unfinished stories...
Tribunal Temple
The Temple is going to go through reforms such as:
  • regroup Ordinators and release several groups since there is less need for them
  • gather more teachers, priests, and worshippers to aid the common people
  • donate funds to Houses that are going bankrupt due to wars
  • allow Daedra worship and Ancestor worship to a greater degree and diminish Tribunal to high Saints

Great House Dagoth
The House Dagoth is now in an odd position. Their war with the Temple is technically over, Dagoth Ur is dead. However they are not at all willing to fall apart. They believe that they should be pardoned and the other Great Houses should help their revival for them to be once again equals, something that has not happened for thousands of years. Of course they are very real about it and know the Houses would not unless forced to.
They have plans such as...
  • Rebuilding and foritfying their holds and gathering their people
  • secretly gaining sympathizers within other Houses
  • Forcing the Temple to admit the wrongs they did
  • welcoming outsiders to join their reviving House

Nerevarine
The reincarnate of Nerevar had "gone to Akavir" (and I did contact an Akavir mod team and have been talking to them about collaboration Smile). But before s/he did I was thinking that s/he might've spent four years on Morrowind fighting for Ashlander rights, helping out the Houses, helping to structure the Grand Council, countering Helseth politically, but not in a bad way for Morrowind. And then on a special Blades mission s/he goes off to Akavir. And when s/he returns s/he finds Vvardenfell in a post-war situation. And of course s/he is shocked, where was the Duke? where was Vivec? Where was the political savvy of Sarethi? of Curio? of Aryon? How were they forced into war?
So he has several goals...
  • Help the people of Vvardenfell and help secure peace
  • Help the Duke make his authority secure (he is for peace unlike Helseth).
  • Investigate the House Dagoth revival
  • (maybe deal with Vivec and Temple)

These are the minor unfinished stories...
Yagrum Bagarn
He seemed very unhappy with the fact that the Nerevarine left with the Tools. And it is strange that he is the only Dwemer left, maybe this was on purpose. Maybe he was supposed to add the last touch after they disappeared to make them gods? Who knows, but...
  • Yagrum wants to regain his memories
  • He will probably want to go to Red Mt. and try to discover what happened.
  • Perhaps he hopes to ascend from the mortal plane?
Alandro Sul & Wraithmail
This story was planned for TES3 but was never completed... it was about Alandro Sul, Wraithmail, Ashlanders, Pool of Forgetfulness, etc. However the Man-God Vivec lives, and no doubt Alandro would want him dead for having killed his friend and lord Nerevar. I am not really sure about what his actions or motives would be but his spirit is within the Wraithmail.
  • Connecting with the Nerevarine to kill Vivec?
  • Mobilizing Ashlanders, the people he loved, and raising them up?

[/hr]

Section 2

So how do we connect them? let's come up with ideas

Maybe Wraithmail/Alandro Sul can go under the Nerevarine's story, and Yagrum can be a sub-part of the Dagoth story... and the Temple can stand alone... so three avenues for the player to down all with the same end?
maybe after the Temple reforms Vivec will mobilize his Ordinators and go up Red Mt., he is going to Red Mt. to clear out House Dagoth and then ascend. Or maybe something else, who knows...?
Maybe the House Dagoth, makes a deal with Divayth Fyr and Yagrum? They will protect them as they go to Red Mt. and explore Star-Wound (mostly out of respect for the both of them), but maybe Divayth or Yagrum promises them something else? What they want most is acceptance and peace, but are ready for war, as they have been for thousands of years with all the persecution?
Perhaps the Nerevarine will be stabilizing the politics but then turn his attention to the Ashlanders who have a new prophecy that is gaining popularity, about Alandro Sul gaining revenge on Vivec?

...and so all are led to Red Mt....

Vivec goes there to wipe out the 6th House and ascend, the Nerevarine and Wraithmail/Alandro Sul go to deal with Vivec (though the Nerevarine hopes to ease the situation and stop violence), and the 6th House is reviving and has the semi-support of Yagrum and Divayth who are being shown around Red Mt. and under protection....

and so on the top of Red Mt., the the ghost of Alandro Sul, the incarnate of Nerevar, Vivec the last living god, Divayth Fyr, Yagrum the last Dwemer, and the Temple-warriors, the Dagoth-warriors, and the followers of the Nerevarine gather...

and so maybe in a climatic end... after exchange in dialogue a conflicting accounts and recounting old vendettas...
Temple
9you) attack the Nerevarine and keep it busy while other fight the Dagoths and the Wraithmail bearer fights Vivec. Suddenly Vivec will yell and say come back to me! and you return to his side and then the possessed bearer strikes Vivec and Vivec disappears... the Nerevarine (made invincible so you don't kill him now) walks up and makes a speech about it, then he goes to find Divayth and Yagrum.
but Alandro Sul's Wraithmail lies on the ground now and the ghost of Sul gets up and laughs and says he got his revenge on Vivec. No ones knows where Vivec is, if he is undone, killed, ascended, sent to Coldharbor...?

Aftermath: You go on into the Dagoth ur facility and kill the Dagoth leader and then you wipe out all of the 6th House and become a leader of the Temple
Nerevarine
(you) come in between the Dagoth leader and Vivec (and wearing Wraithmail), Alandro speaks through you. As battle ensues and the Nerevarine's party is attacked from both sides, the Wraithmail and Alandro's voice will keep telling you to attack Vivec. When you get him to lower health Vivec will do a cool spell or whatever, and then next strike you land he will disappear...
the ghost of Sul gets out and laughs and says he got his revenge on Vivec. No ones knows where Vivec is, if he is undone, killed, ascended, sent to Coldharbor...?

aftermath: the Nerevarine will gift you with a few artifacts and tell you that he is going to Dagoth Ur facility to see Divayth Fyr and Yagrum, even if you try to follow as he goes deeper in the facilty, he will meet up with the other two and then they will go through a door and it will be permanently locked.... you don't rule anything after this but Nerevarine's companions will all stay at Red Mt. and your reputation will rise real high and everyone on Vvardenfell will respect you since you stopped a war, however when they ask you where is Vivec you can say: he has achieved CHIM / he was banished to Coldharbor to do penance / he is dead. The first will get a good response, the second a resigned response like you know best, and the third an enraged disbelief.

Dagoth
You will be fighting Ordinators and Armigers as they quickly push into the Dagoth Ur facility and into the Heart chamber where you, Divayth, and Yagrum, and the Dagoth leader are. The Dagoth leader tries to hold them back but then Vivec charges in and knocks him to the side. Suddenly the Nerevarine and his party come in from another door and says STOP. And he comes in between the two parties.... and then againt he possessed bearer strikes Vivec a few times and he disappears... and the 6th House routs the Temple warriors... and after talking to Divayth Fyr and Yagrum, the Nerevarine goes out and tries to get acceptance for House Dagoth...
aftermath: you become leader of 6th House and people won't attack you on site. You will be big in infamy but people will talk to you and barter and all that. People will muuter things like "Ah, times are changing, and what did we do to deserve this shame?" or "And so the 6th House revives! We will be sorry for our acceptance" or "We have just have a war, we have not the resources to fight the 6th House, we must resign ourselves to our fate" , etc.etc....a few weeks later Divayth and Yagrum and the Nerevarine disappear somewhere.

[thatnls for reading this whole thing.... it is a huge read and I'm sorry about that... but it just combines a whole lot og ideas I have and I guess we can discuss and speculate on them all... and how to connect them]
07-09-2006, 05:45 PM,

I would love to the see the 6th house as a great house again. Maybe with one settlement cant remember the name in the northern ashlands its a big fort. Could be the fort with the leaders and military and small village.
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
07-09-2006, 05:50 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
I would love to the see the 6th house as a great house again. Maybe with one settlement cant remember the name in the northern ashlands its a big fort. Could be the fort with the leaders and military and small village.
well not really a Great House as in it will be in Morrowind politics.... but at a safe haven for 6th House descendants and no longer being attacked by other Houses.. maybe a way for the other Houses to say... wait a minute, did we do something wrong? should we kill the descendents of the House we tried to massacre?
07-09-2006, 05:54 PM,

the desendants of great house dagoth were asimilated into other houses in the past...
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
07-09-2006, 05:57 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
the desendants of great house dagoth were asimilated into other houses in the past...
yeah I know...
hey Jewish people lived in Palestine... then they began to scatter... to Germany, to Russia to Poland etc., they were part of those cultures but retained what made them Jewish.... well after years of persecution and then finally the Holocaust they wanted a land for them, they wanted Israel...

gotta look at the possibilities... I mean if you are a very patriotic member of something and your group has been put down for so long, and a chance comes along where you could possibly be legit and hold your own... Confusedhrug:

EDIT: you read through it all right? and that's the only thing 'wrong' with it? :yes:
07-09-2006, 06:09 PM,

Did the Trial disappear into thin air?
07-09-2006, 06:13 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Axen
Did the Trial disappear into thin air?
nope, but I hope you read my post...

Quote:[these are a collection of a lot of different thoughts and so they need a lot of polishing if we are to use them, however I think these are good ideas and I hope you guys consider them okay?]

I know you love the Trial and you think it is great but...
1. we don't HAVE to go with the tria;l
2. I sated that these were just random idea I wanted to discuss
3. that's all you have to say?

I did not say we were going to use it, and I did not say we weren't going to... but if we don't consider ideas, then we aren't gonna go with any and that's the problem....
07-09-2006, 06:34 PM,

I personally think Vivec would muatramize the Wraithmail bearer. (I am NOT going to wear Wraithmail.)
07-09-2006, 06:35 PM,

ok forgive me but i've never even heard of the waithmail, i know of waithgaurd, and yes i've played thogh mw tribunal and most of bm. so what is it. Man how i wish mw would instal on my comp. (its borke or something)
Kraken, its whats for diner.
Those are good words, I like to wave at them as they pass by.
07-09-2006, 06:40 PM,

The Wraithmail of Alandro Sul. His soul is bound to it. It was originally going to be a part of the TES3 story.
(Speaking of Sul, the Loveletter from the 5th Era says that there will be a House Sul.)