Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can someone make me this for TES3
06-18-2006, 05:29 AM,
can someone make me this for TES3
Howdy

Can one of you kindly modelers/texture guru's make me one of these for TES3.........ID sltw_bb_lightpost01.... dark wood texture/clear glass bulb with a candle in it...I'll figure the color later, I dont know what the measurement system is in the TES3 CS, but the hieght of the stand should be about the same as a common door

[Image: th_stlw_bb_lightpost.jpg]

Thanks so much

Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
06-28-2006, 12:42 AM,

Hola!

I've started on this already. I had some problems with the pic itself, I can only see it well if I zoom way out in blender. :bash: But it's coming along. Just wanted to let you know, so you don't think I'm lazing about.

Thanks,

Ralen

Oh, and just cause I think he's secksy:

:bananarock:
Compromise--Let's agree to respect each other's views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
06-28-2006, 01:14 AM,
Hola back at ya
Thats not a problem, take your time with it.

And if ya feel like doinf something in between check out the claims section

Smile

Thanks
Bob

06-29-2006, 12:59 AM,

Hey Bob,

:wave:

Just wanted to let you know that the model for this is pretty much done (I stayed up late last night with it). But the idea you had for making the top bit glass with a candle in it isn't gonna work. The reason is I can apply a texture to the mesh that makes it look clear, but it's still a texture over the mesh so while it appears to be see through, it's not. I did read somewhere that it wasn't impossible just very improbable. I was thinking of making it opaque and having light radiating from the outside of the globe instead, I'm not sure yet if that's gonna work, I have to check into it.

Another thing is that I gotta be aware of poly counts. Apparently, for morrowind the poly count is really low. I was wondering if you knew of any random poly counts for things so I can get an idea of what I have to work with. I tried to make it as simple as possible, but I wanna make sure.

Also, I was wondering how I was actually gonna get this in-game so I can see what it looks like (I can just imagine the wtf look on my face when I put this in-game and it's like a million feet tall), so I've spent all day looking around and found what I needed. I've spent most of the day downloading that stuff as well as working on this. HEHE, this turned out to be not-so-simple, but it's cool cause I've learned a lot in the past 3 days. You wouldn't believe the amount of reading I've done. :eek:

BTW, do you know what colors you want for this? The only reason I ask is you can apply some basic texture and color to stuff in blender that might help cut out another step with texturing in paint or whatever. I don't know what that looks like in-game though. It might just come out the basic shape with the default white color I got not to long ago while working on something else. :lmao:

Ok, now that I've written a book, I'll let you go.

This is the Lamppost sans globe til you let me know how you want it. It's not rendered yet so it's not smooth.

Thanks,

Ralen
Compromise--Let's agree to respect each other's views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
06-29-2006, 02:41 AM,
can someone make me
Hello

Sorry it took me do long to get back with you, it is quite a book you've written Smile
no worse than me thats for sure, so let me take one at a time

1) good job on getting so far so quickly !!! this glass does not have to be clear, opaque is fine. we can see what it looks like and then go from their

2) I know nothing about poly counts I have read discussion regarding this but didnt gather alot of information, you may want to direct this question to the Visual Development Section make sure you let them know its a TES3 build, reading some of those posts might make more sense to you then they did for me.... sorry Im learning

3) I would have to basically answer this one the same way as #2 with exception that when your finished post the link and I'll have a look at it in the CS, that will tell us alot to begin with

4)The color for the wood post should be a dark wood, like cherry wood color would be perfect.

Hope thats a helpful start

Smile
Bob