Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cliffracers
12-25-2005, 01:55 AM,
cliffracers
Haha im sure you all know them from morrowind. I know we were thinkignnto just ahve very few of them cus of mass hunting, but i ahve a better idea. Im thinking, a powerful wizard was hired by the emperor to cats a spell to keep them detained on another plane of existence. Because of this, he has control over the population of them. Im thinking, taht if you piss this guy off, he'll uncst the spell (or cast one, as the scripting wil lbe), that will make mass amounts of cliffracers come back to the island. And then to get rid of them again, you need to go through a series of quests. WHat doy uo guys think?
12-25-2005, 02:05 AM,

Truthfully, I hope your joking. Cliffracers were such an annoyance, and I doubt anyone would be pleased to have them back in mass numbers. And more so, to have to go through quests to get rid of them again.

I'm still going to have to go with KuKulzA's plan on the slow extintion od the species.
The Encyclopaedia Oblivionicus Online All the information for TES IV, at your fingertips
-
TES IV: Vvardenfell Bringing Morrowind back to you
12-25-2005, 07:21 AM,

Same here, but some of them should still exist.

MC! Big Grin
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
12-25-2005, 09:55 AM,

The cliffracers must be there for a reason.. so why not just make them a little less annoying then they were in ESIII?
Damn Nation! No donation, NO SALVATION.
I'm a proud Forumstomte

So much to do, So little time...
12-25-2005, 12:36 PM,

I'm with EnnJ on this. Couldn't we poll ESF and see what people found the most annoying with cliff racers and then keep those notes around if and when someone comes around who can bring them back? I mean, if they're not annoying anymore, there wouldn't be any harm in having them in the mod(s)? At least I don't think there would.

Personally I hated that they were so slow and I had to stand around and wait for them to come down to me - especially when the buggers got caught in trees. If they were faster - and assuming Oblivion does a better job with flying creatures than Morrowind did - I think that would go a long way towards making them a fun part of the mod(s). Another way to cut down the annoyance would be to just make some or all of them non-aggressive.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
12-25-2005, 09:12 PM,

About the cliffracers
Cliffracers thread
Damn Nation! No donation, NO SALVATION.
I'm a proud Forumstomte

So much to do, So little time...
12-25-2005, 09:49 PM,

Radiant Ai will hopefuly make them less of a pesk.
12-26-2005, 06:24 PM,

what I meant for cliffracers was:
-fewer
-less agressive
-stronger

...so that WHEN you were attacked it would be a good battle, not an annoying exchange of hits... and a slight reduction in their numbers as well as them being less in-your-face.... I also hated how they'd fly so slow... but then before you know it be peckinh at you head
12-26-2005, 10:21 PM,

I hope that they will be able to swoop down on you, like real bird predators.
12-27-2005, 07:21 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Arbiter
I hope that they will be able to swoop down on you, like real bird predators.
TES4 can do that right? have aerial predators?