Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[concept] Fire Lancer
02-28-2007, 08:40 PM,
[concept] Fire Lancer
I felt like drawing something so I drew this, but its usefulness depends partly on your position on having gunpowder in your mod. Tongue

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l199/P...1172694340

It's a soldier (Fire Lancer) armed with primitive rockets (shaped like dragon heads Big Grin ) and a simple sword. I drew a human, but I have no actual idea if this would fit the look or technology of the Akaviri humans. The armor is comprised of a hard leather under-layer covered with small rectangular steel plates. The soldier is also wearing a hakama of sorts.

While you may not like the rockets I hope you like the armor. Big Grin
When the game is over, the King and the Pawn go back into the same box.
02-28-2007, 09:26 PM,

Even if not used as a rocket the idea of having a weapon like this is nice, maybe even it can shoot fire ball or other flame spell from it

I like the armor as well

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
02-28-2007, 09:29 PM,

Thanks! I like it. The armor looks good (and simple) shouldn't take long to model and rig. The Dragon cannon thing could be a staff, launching fire spells and such. I always enjoy getting new 2d concepts. I could make my own but I got so much to do. I don't know how to fit it into lore, but that is not my job. I am always willing to work with concept submissions. Thanks!.
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
02-28-2007, 09:39 PM,

I like both, nice picture :goodjob:

I think the armor will be easy, it looks like a typical japanese tatami-do (except the pauldron) but i like it a lot, so maybe Corthian can make the armor if he feels like it.

I like gunpowder weapons a lot, it's very asian, i wish muskets were part of vanilla Oblivion, but ofcourse they were not Sad
I would like to see several gunpowder weapons... historically, China/Korea/Japan had weapons such as rockets, explosive arrows, flamethrowers, bombs & landmines, and various types of firearms, i want them all Big Grin

EDIT: i see Corthian likes the armor too Wink
:yes:
Akavir mod leader.
02-28-2007, 10:11 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Kodama
I would like to see several gunpowder weapons... historically, China/Korea/Japan had weapons such as rockets, explosive arrows, flamethrowers, bombs & landmines, and various types of firearms, I want them all Big Grin
You should do a TC mod for Battlefield 2 maybe (LOL). Tongue
Michal Cielecki
Composer for Games and Media
http://www.michalcielecki.com

-------------------------------------

Akavir's Island Mod Music
02-28-2007, 10:54 PM,

I'm glad you all like it. =) It would indeed be cool to see the armor and/or rockets modeled. :yes:

Maybe I'll draw some more gunpowder military units when I have the time. Smile
03-01-2007, 12:06 AM,

Ok, cool Smile
Akavir mod leader.
03-02-2007, 02:06 AM,

On a related note here are some Japanese arquebus' of the Edo era. An arquebus is as far as I would go with this gun technology stuff as anything more advanced wouldn't fit in an ES mod... IMO. In real world history a good piece of steel plate armor could stop an arquebus ball at long range which I think is enough for warfare in the ES universe to remain unchanged even if a weapon like this was present somewhere in Akavir.
03-02-2007, 05:46 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Psychotic
In real world history a good piece of steel plate armor could stop an arquebus ball

Indeed, just take a look here: http://www.toraba.com/gusoku-0701-0492.htm
The armor has musket ball dents on all sides of the cuirass :check:

Samurai have tested the armor penetrating power of muskets, bullets of 9mm calibre were fired at:
1. 24 mm wooden board.
2. 48 mm wooden board.
3. 1 mm iron plate.
4. 2 mm iron plate.
At 30 metres (that's about 33 yards i think) each was pierced through, at 50 metres 1 and 3 were pierced through, the bullet entered the 48 mm board for about 36 mm.
The 2 mm iron plate was merely dented.
Wink

Yeah, Akavir would be the same as in the real world, although ebony plate armor would be stronger then iron or steel.
Akavir mod leader.
04-22-2007, 02:15 AM,
RE: [concept] Fire Lancer
^ The guy looks like a ninja/Asian farmer-peasant/Naruto dude

lol Smile
-Connoisseur of Rome: Total War modification - "Europa Barbarorum"
-History Buff of Ancient European & East Asian History and WW2