Blackwood Co.
Naga Tribes*
-
-
Argonian Tribes*
-
-
Great House Dres*

The Royal Army, Royal Agency, and Royal Clan are inaccessible... however perhaps serving in the Royal Court is not, we'll have to see about that.
The Archeological Division could be devoted to learning about the 'extinct' races of Argonia, and learning their ways and magics and may slightly compete with Mages Guild for the findings of artifacts and special locations and archeological finds...
The Archeins, controllers of the common economy, might be the native counter against the East Empire Company... and perhaps they fight over prices and labor and resources. But Archeins is more of an elite tier, EEC is more accessible to people
The Census & Excise and the Imperial Legion are very tied together. Maybe they should be combined into "the Imperial Service" a semi-military police force that also keeps track of census and taxes and tries to limi crime... good idea?
The Mages Guild might compete with Archeological Division a bit but mostly the Mages Guild here is peaceful though I imagine it has a lot of alchemy and education focus...
The Fighters Guild will be fighting Knahaten Liberation and Blackwood Co., both of which are semi-extremist and suck up the pool of free hirelings and have methods that are brutal and contreversial...
The Thieves Guild will be no doubt unhappy with the native syndicates of Nodo-tren and Foghi-tren both run by the mysterious boss 'Sotho'. These two gangs are perhaps joinable, or maybe joinable after the Myth of Sotho quests....
I'm not sure about DBhood and Shadowscales... talking to the Dark Brotherhood mod leader recently about collaboration

Not sure about Naga and Argonian tribes... i think we should make 3-4 main powerful tribes and make those 3-4 joinable native factions... one might be more shamanistic, one more war-like, another more trade-oriented, and another more stealthy Confusedhrug:

and Great house Dres is a possibility to include...

we need to also decide what factions will be joinable... I have put (___) around ones I feel shouldn't be joinable
12-03-2006, 11:21 PM,

how about these as joinable factions?
14 factions, 3 of them joinable in Cyrodiil...

Archeins
Ranks: Runner, Agent, Overseer, Kleptocrat, [High Archein]
Goals: expand economic power, counter EEC, expand military, assimilate more Argonians
Enemies: East Empire Company, Dark Brotherhood
Description:
These are the nobility of the land. They are part of the three-branch power system, the Royal Court, the Imperial legion, and they themselves the Archeins. They control much of the economy and armed forces.

Archeological Division
Ranks: Peon, Salvager, Excavator, Explorer, Scholar, [Head Archeologist]
Goals: find and catalogue the lost civilizations of Argonia
Compeditors: Mages Guild
Description:
The Archeological Division was formed by the Royal Court to find remnants and ruins of the lost civilizations. They seek Kothringi, Orma, Horwalli, and Yerpest. They also explore Lilmothiit, Ayleid, and Velothi ruins.

East Empire Company
Ranks: Underling, Clerk, Steward, Fixer, Agent, Negotiator, Officer, Deputy, Factor, [Grand Factor]
Goals: monopolize trade in Black Marsh
Compeditors: Archeins
Description:
The East Empire Company used to monopolize all trade in Morrowind and Black Marsh. However with the rise of Hlaalu and their increasing influence on trade, the EEC is not as strong as it was. It has also lost Solstheim. However Black Marsh is beginning to be more lucrative as Archeins stabilize the economy, however the price is that they now have a compeditor- the Archeins.

Imperial Legion
Ranks: Watchman, Guard, Police, Tax Farmer, Trooper, Legionaire, Officer, Commander, [Governing General]
Goals: capture criminals, protect governors, stabilize Black marsh
Enemies: Sotho-Tren, Dark Brotherhood, War path
Description:
The Imperial legion in the Black Marsh serves as the Census & Excise, the police force, and is the army in name. Their role is to keep order and balance the power between the Royal Court and the Archeins.

Black Marsh Mages Guild
Ranks: Associate, Student, Assistant, Evoker, Conjurer, Magician, Mystic, Wizard, Sorcerer, Arch-Mage
Goals: collect artifacts, recruit more Argonians, monopolize magic-trade
Compeditors: Sage's Circle, Archeological Division
Description:
The unique land of Black Marsh required an adapted form the the Mages Guild. This Mages Guild is a place for the assimilated Argonians to practice magicka and is a place of learning and culture. However it conflicts with traditional magic and shamanism. At any rate, the Mages Guild of Black marsh is extremely popular and is almost all Argonian with a few exceptions.

Fighters Guild
--continued from Cyrodiil's--
Compeditors: Blackwood Co.

Thieves Guild
Compeditors: Sotho-Tren

Dark Brotherhood (Shadowscales)
(with a path for Shadowscales)
Enemies: Imperial Legion

Sotho-Tren (Nodo-tren & Foghi-tren)
Ranks: Toad, Glutton, Runner, Brawler, Beater, Thug, Corsair, Old Killer, Python, [Sotho]
Goals: expand illegal trade with Elsweyr
Compeditors: Thieves Guild, Blackwood Co.
Description:
Mysterious Trens (gangs) are in the Argonian underworld, two being the dominant, Nodo-tren and Foghi-tren, and they are known as the Sotho-tren, the gang of Sotho, an almost mythical criminal and boss

Blackwood Company
Ranks: Butcher, Mercenary, Fighter, Soldier, Veteran, Keeper, [Chief Keeper]
Goals: to disrupt Black Marsh government, to monopolize mercenary trade
Compeditors: Fighters Guild, Sotho-Tren
Description:
Originally formed to retake the Black marsh government and place it under firmer control of Legion's Imperial governors, the Company of mercenaries failed. The Black marsh branch is similar to its Cyrodiil one but is more brutal but also more seasoned

War Path
Ranks: Skulk, Prowler, Lurker, Guerilla, Warrior, Cannibal, Blood-drinker, Skull Taker, War Leader, [Battle-Chief]
Goals: kill House Dres, stem the power of the Archeins
Enemies: Archeins, Arenesian House Dres
Description:
This is a collection of Argonian Warrior Societies and is in most warlike tribes. It is a society transcending tribal groups and is a collection of warriors and train to become greater and more powerful on the paht of war. They seek to protect Black marsh from foreigners and traitors.

Sage's Circle
Ranks: Initiate, Dancer, Ritualist, Medicine Man, Witch Doctor, Shaman, Oracle, Sacrificer, [Priest-king]
Goals:to attract more Argonians to their own traditional ways, to keep harmony with nature
Compeditors: Mages Guild
Description:
The Spirit Societies of the Argonian Tribes have begun to grow apprehensive towards the growing popularity of the Mages Guild. The Mages Guild is progressive, disregarding of religion and nature, and teaches magic quickly and without restraints. They hope to perfect their nature magic and Hist-speaking, and want to revive the Spirit Societies in Argonians who have strayed from their tribes.

Arenesian House Dres
Ranks: Initiate,Retainer,Oathman,Lawman,Kinsman,Clan Holder,House Brother, House Thane, Dres Khan, [Lord Councilor]
Goals:
Enemies: War Path, Archeins
Description:
When Helseth married into the Dres, a new generation of Dres took over. Many of the Dres were troubled by this and the break in traditions that ensued. One of the surviving old Councilors has led a small migration south to form his own group, which believe themselves to be the true Dres.

Argonian Arena:
Ranks: Boxer, Duelist, Survivor, Gladiator, Champion, [Grand Champion]
Description:
The Argonian Arena is unique in that the first rounds are unarmed combat, this is traditional. Second is weapons and magic, any fighting style, whatever the preference. The Survivor must fight powerful beasts, sometimes in flooded arenas, or in a maze. The Gladiator must beat the local Gladiator. Then, as a Champion, one must assemble a small team and then fight the team of the city that you started to fight in. After you beat that Arena, you move onto all of them until reaching Lilmoth.
- You start in Stormhold, which has easier trials. Last is Lilmoth.
Teams:
Pit Daemons (player's) - (chosen) ex-Helstrom team before Helstrom evicted foreigners
Plague (Archon) - 6 Argonians with machetes
Shadowblades (Gideon) - 4 vampiric swordsmen
Black Shields (Stormhold) - 5 armored Orcs
Knightblades (Soulrest) - 5 Imperial knights
Warlords (Thorn) - 6 Dunmer Warriors
Warriors (Blackrose) - mixed group
Dark Tide (Lilmoth) - Dreugh
12-04-2006, 12:04 AM,

Hey awesome Ideas I got some input.

The Archeins have a small Royal army and they each have their own force right? Now is the Army when they all get together all Archeins forces and form the army. The Blackwood company already has ranks from oblivion so I suggest we use them and I love to help or even take over the True House Dres.
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
08-29-2011, 01:35 PM,

Although interesting, this thread contains a lot of now out-of-date ideas. Some of it may be salvageable, but there is little of use to us here.

What's amazing about it is the breathtaking scale of the ambition. I can't believe that they were seriously planning 14 full faction questlines!
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
08-30-2011, 05:35 PM,

I do have respect for KuKulzA but yes, ludicrous! I think this is another 'dead' thread.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
08-31-2011, 08:16 AM,

Dead indeed, but I think it would be more useful in the Lore forum, as unlike most of the dead quest threads it does contain a fair amount of historical information about the project structure.

Although part of me is tempted to have it stickied somewhere as a salutary lesson to all aspiring modders about how not to do things.

08-31-2011, 07:38 PM,

Keep it on the backburner to hit ambitious idiots with if they challenge the validity of 'The Pledge'.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
08-31-2011, 07:49 PM,

Indeed. Might even be an idea to link to it in the pledge, come to think of it. It's basically the perfect example of why it's necessary.

08-31-2011, 07:59 PM,

Done. :check: