Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
discussion on Tribunal mortality
04-26-2007, 01:44 AM,

true true... wait, that name is... odd....
Dres Hlaalu? as in "I am a Dres and a Hlaalu"?
04-26-2007, 04:46 AM,

Vivec is still immortal because he has ascended through CHIM, it doesn't really matter that he no longer has his Heart-Drug to sustain him.
04-26-2007, 12:25 PM,

I disagree with you TOYB.

He may live for ever, but his skills, are that of a supreme mortal.
The rider in black is always watching......
04-27-2007, 03:56 AM,

then again, I dunno if he truly achieved CHIM, from what I heard, that was the creation of a few forum-goers and ex-DEVs... I am not saying that they are incredible, but from what I've learned, CHIM is not an easy thing to maintain
04-27-2007, 04:11 AM,

He acheived CHIM, this is shared by the entire lore community over at TIL and the BSF lore forum, including big names like prowler, and Lugar2.

Quote:I disagree with you TOYB.

Then you know nothing about Vehk.

And Vivec has attanded CHIM, because it was written in several books.
04-27-2007, 04:41 AM,

ok Confusedhrug:

I'll go do my research, anything else you wanna say?
CHIM's always been a confusing subject for me, I'm sure many share that sentiment

however I must point out that as far as I know about CHIM and Vivec, he's close but not yet achieved it. If he has achieved it, then I do not see why he cannot stragithen things out in Morrowind before doing whatever he will do...
as that was his promise to the Nerevarine that he was going to reform the Temple and safe-guard the people

by the way, is there a time we can say he achieved CHIM?
04-27-2007, 03:24 PM,

TOYB - I do know much about the subject, and most lore. I did not aruge that he did not achieve CHIM altough, that area is a bit shady, but that he no longer has his heart-connection "upkeep" he powers. Meaning the strength he has is overshadowed by his lack of energy.
05-07-2007, 06:59 PM,

Yes Amelexia became a Chimer, and she was god-like, but the Chimer were not gods just immortals right? So the heart must still have some effects, or they still hold some of there power but Amelexia tried to gain power cause she knew hers was going away and yet it seems through this loss of power they went mad. I think it would be better if Vivec stayed the way he was but will eventually die, otherwise the story would not be as compelling, what is better than a city named after a supposed god but the god is gone and they now go back to there usual ways, of daedra worship or maybe vivec holds his power but he steps down from his palace and makes it a temple and now he spends his days in the temple preaching, As St. Vivec. Just my ideas, maybe not awesome but Vivec said he would step down so he will do so and he said he will die, this shall also happen. Wink
Founder of the Ocean Studios

Come join the Ocean Mod!
05-07-2007, 07:03 PM,

I don't think you will be disappointed OblivionMon...

however, the Chimer are just elves, basically Dunmer before they turned dark skinned and red-eyed... infact, the Cantemeric Velothi broke away from the mainstream Chimer long ago, and it is said that they are still Chimer since they have totally separated from the Chimer-that-became-Dunmer. So it's sorta like Trinimac-elves are the same as Orcs, except the transformation is more than just eye and skin color but also bigger teeth and more magical resistance..
05-07-2007, 11:59 PM,

Yep. Chimer were not immortal, just elves.