Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
esp merging?
06-18-2011, 08:59 PM,
esp merging?
I did some work in CS with vanilla stuff and now I'd like to copy the stuff into another .esp. Let's say I have esp1 (the source file), where I did some work and esp2 (my destination file), where I'd like to move the stuff to. How can I do that? If I esmify the esp1, is it possible to open the esm1 and esp2 and then copy some stuff and save the esp2? Can I then open esp2 without esm1? Any other way to do it?
06-19-2011, 12:31 AM,
RE: esp merging?
Quote:Originally posted by jb3
I did some work in CS with vanilla stuff and now I'd like to copy the stuff into another .esp. Let's say I have esp1 (the source file), where I did some work and esp2 (my destination file), where I'd like to move the stuff to. How can I do that? If I esmify the esp1, is it possible to open the esm1 and esp2 and then copy some stuff and save the esp2? Can I then open esp2 without esm1? Any other way to do it?

I know Sandor would know how to do this. Hopefully he'll see this thread, and respond. Just in case, though, I'll send a PM his way.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
06-19-2011, 11:07 AM,
RE: esp merging?
@Koniption
Thanks for your PM. Smile

Use TES4Gecko (check the link in my sig).

Convert esp1 to an esm.
Load esp2 together with the esm(1) and save.

Merge the esp to the esm.

If required convert the esm to an esp.

Note.
If the esp changes existing records in the esm, the esp will overrule after the merge.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD