Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
heightmapper DISCUSSION
10-01-2006, 04:05 PM,

Over my head. So the land isn't created in the cs you make it as a heightmap? I've never done anything in the oblivion CS because I use oldblivion and can't get the cs to work with it even though i've done what it said to do to get the cs working.
10-01-2006, 05:20 PM,

The land IS a heightmap, whether you make it in the CS or somewhere else it generates a heightmap.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
10-04-2006, 03:28 AM,

From what I have observed, the LOD issue is coming from the importing of GeoControl maps. What if all the land was generated through the CS height map editor? Would that fix the LOD issue? We should find out. If it works out then I can easily have the whole world of Morrowind in any scale made perfect. I hope some of you have seen my works in the past. I am exspecially found of my Black Marsh map, though my Middle-earth map is more accurate. PM me if you want me to make all of Morrowind with Vvardenfell. If the LOD dosn't work I say we make a super distant fog like in MW only for much further distance. We could also use Timeslips approch of making the land a low poly mesh and putting it "underneath" the land. That would work too. It's all up to you "leaders", but I'm here to support you. Chances are I won't be checking this thread to often as I am very busy with making a new Middle-earth height map(8x bigger then the original), making the new Valenwood Height map, and in essence making Black Marsh single handed as well. PM me if you want my help on this issue. I look forward to hearing from sombody.
"Your love of the Halfling's leaf has clearly slowed your mind."
-Saruman

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything."
-Jim Morrison, The Doors
10-04-2006, 03:46 AM,

Has Timeslip tested the low poly mesh underneath the land?
10-04-2006, 04:07 AM,

Nonononono... The LOD is GENERATED fine, its not CAPABLE of displaying in game outside certain quads, and the LOD mesh every where is both graphic intensive as it will display those high poly meshes EVERYWHERE and will CRIPPLE a machine.
10-05-2006, 12:19 AM,

Then lets go for the fog effect only much futhrer so it's almost compleat LOD, unnoticable.
-Saruman

-Jim Morrison, The Doors
10-05-2006, 12:29 AM,

Er... why?
10-05-2006, 12:41 AM,

Bigger? Making the whole of Morrowind while keeping the desired size of Vvardenfell and Silgrad Tower would be very easy to make. Then the door will always be open. I think it's just stupid to close the door on such an oppertunity. But, what do I know?
-Saruman

-Jim Morrison, The Doors
10-05-2006, 12:45 AM,

Because LOD is not a certain distance away from you, its is in the quads around your location, so when the player was transfering quads, even within mist view distance, there would just be water until he stepped on it, which would be quite odd.
10-05-2006, 12:52 AM,

I thought it reloaded cell by cell, I guess not. Well then make a final dission and if you need anyone to make a height map I'll shoot for nothing short of perfect.

Edit: Maybe we can have another poll, MW fog with a huge explorable area, or a smaller world discluding the mainland, save only Silgrad, with LOD. I think I could handle the fog if it meant an awsome world, besides, MW is a foggy place, there is always fog! I mean thats how we all grew up with it.
-Saruman

-Jim Morrison, The Doors