Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(idea)New Arena and Level Scaling (Oblivion)
04-12-2006, 08:31 AM,
(idea)New Arena and Level Scaling (Oblivion)
I would make both of these ideas meself but I don't have the skill. So, the first one:

Another level scaling mod, but instead of getting rid of it altogether it makes it so the npcs and enemys level up a bit slower than you. So as you get higher in level, things get easier, but not ridiculously easy. That wouldn't take that much of the challenge out of the game and it would still give you some reason to become higher level.

For the arena, I think instead of having a set number of matches, you can have as many fights per rank as you want. You would get a small fraction of the gold for each fight, which would be against a randomized npc, just like the gambling matches. If you want an extra prize, you could do an "official" (can't think of a good name at this point) fight which would get you more money, but would be against the ingame opponents. You could only do one of these official fights per rank. But when you wanted to advance in rank, you could challenge someone a rank above you (or someone your own rank, that way you could use the prebuilt fights). These would again be very challenging fights and you should have to practice a lot before getting to them. Even when you are Grand Champion, you would get periodic challenges by the lower ranked arena members (dunno if this happens already, I am not grand champion yet).

If these ideas have been already done, please tell me. And if you have any improvements, tell me those also.
04-12-2006, 08:50 AM,

I'd like the idea better if it just effected the Arena and not the whole levelling system. I don't like the default levelling, but it's annoying that the fixes I like often come coupled with Arena modifications that I prefer other versions of. I know that the programming of the two systems is fairly integrated, but it'd be awesome if they could be modded seperately.