Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lanscape error
03-08-2010, 06:17 PM,

That's okay. Noobs are welcome but you're best off working through those tutorials before you start to send in esp files. We need to protect against errors, you see.

Try the first link that Deeza suggested and click on the part that says, "Getting Started". There's no better guide to modding than this one and it's fun creating your first dungeon using their advice.

As for the bsa archive files, download them ALL from the top one to the bottom one (Parts 01, 02 & 03 and BM Patches #1-5) and unzip them. You then need to find the folder in your browser where you've installed Oblivion and find the Data folder. This is usually: C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data . This is where all of those files need to go.

You then need to match up the path to the file as it appears in the unzipped files. So, in your unzipped files, if you find folders like meshes-blackmarsh-architecture , you will need to put all of those files into their matching folders where you installed Oblivion.

This will probably take some time as we are using a lot of files. Eventually, it will all be packaged together as one main file.

Make sure that your esm file is ticked when you load up Oblivion and then you should be ready to go... =)
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
03-08-2010, 10:01 PM,

thanks
03-12-2010, 01:47 PM,

How are things going, BMM?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
03-12-2010, 07:51 PM,

fine but for now i'll keep to valenwood.
03-12-2010, 08:03 PM,

Well...cheers...
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
03-12-2010, 08:31 PM,

that reminds me of when on one mod that i was working on the guy had left with the esm for 5 months. then when he came back he told us why he was gone so long and everybody said cheers.so many memories that mod gave me