Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mounted combat
05-13-2007, 09:36 PM,
mounted combat
All right, though riding guars for war is a bit awkward (like riding donkies) it's done...

so we know there are mountable guars... and we know Mounted Combat is coming along nicely...

any ideas /suggestions /etc. ? Just letting you all know, if there are no objections I'd like to see Guar-mounted warriors swinging swords and maces at each other in Vvardenfell.... of course guars are slower, but at least they won't die in an ashstorm... or attract crowds of hungry horse-eatin' Dunmer!
05-13-2007, 09:38 PM,

I got more faith in Qazaaq on MC an it will never be used by NPCs Sad
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
05-13-2007, 09:46 PM,

Qazaaq's here

yeah, no NPC mounted combst, thats what makes me disappointed, though I'm not sure WHY it can't work for NPCs... if someone nows why maybe we can think of something... sometimes compromises or solutions are right there
05-13-2007, 09:50 PM,

Well Qaz does has a way to let it happen but it takes a lot of time and skill. You need a mount, a rider and a creature that looks like the mount with the rider on top. When the creature dies it's replaced by the mount and rider.

"On top of the world"
05-13-2007, 09:57 PM,

I see... so basically make a creature that appears to be a rider and mount, and then when it dies replace it with the rider and mount instead of a rider-on-mount corpse... I get it...

that leads me to another question though... the 'creature' cannot be an NPC and talked to like one right?

I think we can get away with it though... travelers'/caravan guars aren't trained for war, Redoran watchmen would get OFF the guar to arrest you for a crime... and during a battle, it would be simple to have the guar-riding-creature be allied with you, and simply replace with 2 corpses when it dies... plus you don't stop and talk to NPCs in the middl eof the battle...

sounds good? :confused:
05-13-2007, 10:06 PM,

You replace it on enter combat or something, you can indeed not talk then anyway. You can't surrender too, which is nasty but acceptable.

"On top of the world"
05-26-2007, 04:20 PM,

Hmmm... most Redorans wouldn't see honour in surrender anyway
06-03-2007, 05:39 PM,
RE: mounted combat
Just so you know mounted combat is finished but the one that is done has been completed by Sky Captain. It's built into the Deadly Reflex mod he made. Not sure if that helps but atleast I tried Wink . Also I was wondering if being able to mount on Kagouti and Kwama Workers would ever be possible in this mod sionce Guars have been done already?

P.S. Deadly relfex can be downloaded here -> http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=8273
07-03-2007, 01:28 PM,

I think Kagouti would be interseting as a mount, but doesnt keep up with lore. I like Skycaptains mounted combat, I dont like the model it uses when attacking. But its bearable.
It also allows NPC characters to fight horse back, so I'd try integrating some of the script into yours. +it allows you to dismount other characters(guards, NPCs, etc) with an attack.
What I want most is to have mounted archers, I mean, who wants to chase down someone, say Fargoth(lol), and beat him in the head with a club. I'd rather use a bow.
Oh, and there is a mod called spartan spears(I think), It uses sword animation, but it actually looks like a spear, so you can equip it while mounted on a guar. I think you should make a model, and I'll texture it, then you can give them to the Redoran guards.
Are you guys going to remake the old glass and daedric?
I liked the both better in Morrowind...
Ohhhhh, are you adding those stupid cliffracers too????
I miss hunting those to extinction.
I think the coolest thing ever would be a faction where you can be a tradesman, and have a silt strider mount, that carries goods...and you get attacked by bandits, and you have to get it to a specific destination.
Big Grin Big Grin
Royal Argonian Shaman - Deputy Leader! hahahaha
07-03-2007, 02:35 PM,

Quote:Are you guys going to remake the old glass and daedric?
It depends really. Personally, I'd love to see the old designs, however I don't think they're as needed yet as some other armours, but I'd definitely like to see them and I doubt anyone would say no to them if they were being made. We're shared with ST when it comes to visual stuff, so the armours would probably appear on the Visual Development boards.

Not sure about Cliff Racers... they were made extinct, right? I don't know when though, since the Vvardenfell mod is 6 years after Oblivion's setting.

Quote:I think the coolest thing ever would be a faction where you can be a tradesman, and have a Silt Strider mount, that carries goods...and you get attacked by bandits, and you have to get it to a specific destination.
:yes: It's all possible....