Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my old MW music scripts...
06-05-2006, 09:16 PM,
my old MW music scripts...
I'm not sure if you've figured out anything more with music scripting but I dug up an old plugin I started for Morrowind that might be of some help. I haven't familiarized myself with the new CS so I'm not sure how similar the script is - I could just be wasting my time here... :|

This first script is applied to an activator - in this case it's every external door to a merchant's shop

Begin a_daggerSHOP_begin

if ( OnActivate == 1 )
StartScript, "a_daggerSHOP_timer"
StreamMusic, "daggerSHOP.mp3"
Activate
endif

End a_daggerSHOP_begin

This script is started by the last script and sets the activated song to loop at a pre-specified number of seconds - in this case 108 seconds which is how long the song is.

Begin a_daggerSHOP_timer

Short songactive

if ( songactive == 0 )
Set DaggerMusic_timer to 0
Set songactive to 1
endif

Set DaggerMusic_timer to ( DaggerMusic_timer + GetSecondsPassed )

if (DaggerMusic_timer > 108 )
StreamMusic, "daggerSHOP.mp3"
Set DaggerMusic_timer to 0
endif

End a_daggerSHOP_timer

This script is applied to every internal merchant shop's door to stop the loop and start the explore music when you leave the shop

Begin a_daggerSHOP_end

if ( OnActivate == 1 )
StopScript, "a_daggerSHOP_timer"
StreamMusic, "explore/mx_explore_2.mp3"
Activate
endif

End a_daggerSHOP_end

This system has a number of bugs. For instance if you leave an area (in this case a shop) without using the doorway, then the script won't end and the same song will loop continuously until you activate the correct stopscript (I'm not sure how it would react if you activated another streammusic command without stopping the old script...). There are also some small annoyances like hearing the same explore song every time you leave a shop or not activating the script if you load a saved game inside a shop. However, the biggest problem is with the script itself: when the streammusic command is activated the volume is automatically reset to maxium every time.

I doubt any of this will help but I thought I'd try. When I have time I will familiarize myself with the new CS and see if I can help you figure out a solution.
06-06-2006, 09:58 PM,

The scripting languages are actually quite similar. Just, instead of the whole "->" thing, you have ".", and you have events now rather than being forced to run the script every game loop (which is way more efficient on processing power).