Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need help with head model in 3DS
08-05-2008, 04:12 AM,
need help with head model in 3DS
hey guys im new here. I had a headache with the head morphing animation after i export the head model from 3dsmax8.

Before I putting the model through into 3dsmax, the eye-blinking motion works fine. But even if I did nothing in 3dsmax and export the .nif straight back into the game, the eye-blinking goes funny in idle mode. It looks like the upper-eyelip part of meshes were pulled down to the ground everytime the character blinks.

I know the face morphing animation is associated with text key block in .kf. But i couldnt find any relevant entries.

Does anyone know what's wrong with this? many thanks!
08-05-2008, 10:48 AM,

Head meshes work in funny ways. What co-ordinates have you got the mesh at? I think FaceGen looks for it at 0,0,0, but the game looks at it from elsewhere, which might explain why the eyelids are pulled down. I'd try importing on of the vanilla head meshes to make sure the position is right.

Also, you need to run it through The Conformulator to get face morphs.

I can't suggest anything other than that. One person who could tell you more is throttlekitty over at Bethsoft Forums, it would definitely be worth checking with him. Or you could start a thread up on the CS forums over there.
09-01-2008, 11:51 AM,

Throttlekitty worked on eyeblinking. iirc there is a thread on ESF that describes how to tweak it. I didn't read it myself, but knowing TK, it probably involves a hex editor, nifskope and some of scanti's tools
AM NOT A TEXTURER
09-01-2008, 03:06 PM,

Good luck with this, kiruru! Incidentally, if you find some spare time and fancy having a go with an interesting new NPC project for a Redguard character I want to have in the game then I'd love to hear from you.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
09-08-2008, 03:34 PM,

thanks guys, you are really helping. I messaged Throttlekitty and got a way to work around face morph as the original model already had it and what I want to do is just to make some edits. This is the whole work done.
[Image: 1-6.jpg]
09-08-2008, 08:47 PM,

Glad you managed to get it sorted. Nice work! Smile
09-08-2008, 08:54 PM,

wow that outfit is gorgeous, where is it from?
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
09-08-2008, 10:26 PM,

Aww, cute, kiruru! :bananarock:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
09-23-2008, 01:36 PM,

hi guys, I am coming back with question on animation this time. I have done a set of customised powerattack animation replacing the default one in-game. I proposed this animation to do 4 hits in a row during the course of the action. So under .kf, I put 4 text-keys between start and end with 'hit' value and corresponding timesets throughout the action. But what actually happens in game is that only the first hit out of four would be triggered.
There are two video clips of the first hit in different timing, and the latter ones are totally wiped out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia-dcjUb0aQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhaK2xnifKA

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
wow that outfit is gorgeous, where is it from?

this outfit is my own work inspired from a Wizard character of Tony's Shining Wind Art Work. I havent released it yet. But a Japanese (I think) modder PIZZ has made a few other nice Shining-wind outfits and they are available at Tesnexus if you are interested Wink.
09-23-2008, 02:45 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by kiruru
hi guys, I am coming back with question on animation this time. I have done a set of customised powerattack animation replacing the default one in-game. I proposed this animation to do 4 hits in a row during the course of the action. So under .kf, I put 4 text-keys between start and end with 'hit' value and corresponding timesets throughout the action. But what actually happens in game is that only the first hit out of four would be triggered.
There are two video clips of the first hit in different timing, and the latter ones are totally wiped out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia-dcjUb0aQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhaK2xnifKA
That doesn't really surprise me, the animation system that Oblivion is fairly inflexible. Check to see if there are any vanilla anims that do the same thing. If there are none then it's probably not possible - Bethsoft built the functionality into the game to achieve what they wanted, and nothing more.

Nice animation, by the way. :goodjob: