Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
silgrad/ PES permission...
12-08-2007, 03:05 PM,
silgrad/ PES permission...
Hello,
As a fan of the Silgrad Tower work for many months, I have enjoyed this mod a lot in the game, and feel that its being done a disservice currently on PES.
Im referring to the fact that PlanetElderScrolls officially hosts Silgrad Tower release 1-4_3, and the texture fix 1.0.
However, the texture fix is only for version 1-4-6.6.

After extensive searching on Google and yahoo for the release 1-4-6.6, I found nothing on where to download it from- before then, I had been using Silgrad tower 1-4_3 with the texture fix, unaware that it needed a newer version :O!
About a month ago, after reinstalling Morrowind and starting my datafiles all over again (for the umpteenth time), I was intrigued to reinstall Silgrad tower, and proceeded to download both parts.
This time however, I read the comments under the texture fix Wink.
I found the latest version of Silgrad tower there, and proceeded to download.
When I fired up Morrowind, and took a look at the updated Silgrad tower, I was very impressed!
As an experienced modder myself, I would ask to do a simple task, but one that I feel would give the Silgrad tower mod the credit that it deserves, as im sure I am not the only one who has had a hard time finding the latest update: I would like to combine the Silgrad tower 1-4_3, with 1-4-6.6, (using only 1-4-6.6's esp, of course) and the texture fix .esp into one combined community pack.

I understand this is an extremely simple task, and that it would likely not be any more difficult for you, (the Silgrad tower modders) to do yourself, but I hear that you are somewhat stripped for modders, and although I have my hands tied currently in the TES 3 modding world, I would be happy to combine the latest installation of the Silgrad tower and the texture fix into a one part, easy-to-find download on PES, with your permission.

Please get back to me as soon as you can- I feel that with my community pack, people will be able to see more closely how far you, the Silgrad Tower modders are with your work, rather than having to settle with a more outdated version, or having to really look hard to find all the latest parts like I did.
12-08-2007, 04:56 PM,

Howdy

Welcome to Silgrad

Thanks for your kind words about our mod, were glad theirs still morrowind fans out their Smile

Version 1-4_6 was not officially released to the public, it was only an interal build revision, the modder who made the texture add-on
did so under his own accord. He did a great job of it, including a re-packaging of the silgrad data to make it more download friendly as
we were nearing 200mb file size.
If I remember it correctly most if not all the texture changes where related to Blacklight, which was not part of the original Silgrad 1-4_3

We have surpassed that revision (1-4_6) by miles. But will not be releasing anything for several months. The release will be in the form of a new landmass south of Silgrad. It will be released as a seperate mod, not to be used with Silgrad as the landmasses will conflict, the Silgrad data files will be required and included. We are doing this to show some of the recent work which as been done and a hope to spark some much needed interest in Morrowind Modding. Of course as we are building this new landmass we also have a revision of Silgrad which includes this portion.

You are welcome to combine those files and resubmit them to PES, however I ask that if and when you do, please add to your desciption that your changes are "un-official changes to the mod with our permission" this will keep the questions (if any) to a minimum as we may not have time to review the work you've done.

A new release of the Silgrad Mod ?

Not for some time, if we can get more modders involved in this project, it may come quicker Smile Always Hopeful

Of course your welcome to join us at anytime Wink :yes:

Thanks Much

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
12-08-2007, 08:14 PM,

Ah, ok

I'll be looking forward to an updated release- once i finish my current modding project, hopefully i will have time to be of some help here!

Thank you!
12-09-2007, 02:06 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Moonandstar
Ah, ok

I'll be looking forward to an updated release- once I finish my current modding project, hopefully I will have time to be of some help here!

Thank you!

Super! We look forward to having you aboard

Good luck on your current project I am sure it will be successful

Would you mind giving us a brief description of your project ?

Enjoy
Bob

12-11-2007, 01:47 AM,

Sure-

when i first started building it, i had no idea that so many others were doing the same thing- im building an Akavir mod.

I figured that since its been 5 years since TES 3, and with no Akavir mod out whatsoever, no one had or likely would have been working on one, but i see that you guys here have one goin on for TES 4, and i know of at least 2 others that are making TES 3 Akavir continent mods.

I was kinda surprised to see that so many people had begun creating Akavir mods all around the same general time frame.
12-11-2007, 01:56 AM,

Super !

Yes Akavir became a very popular project all at once, its a large undertaking considering the little which is actually known about it
(probably more than I realize) but definitely a major undertaking!

Much Success to you and your team

Enjoy
Diet Bob