Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
skooma addict
05-20-2007, 06:08 AM,
skooma addict
a skooma addict recently murdered 2 families at reichparkkeep he chopped the bodies recently the town gurads is searching an adventurer to help them to track the addict and bring him to justice

chapter 1 : when you read a newspaper abut the murder of the families you will then go to a town guard and ask about the murder then the gurad will say we need your help adventurer we need you to track a skooma addict then you will ask citizens of reich parkkeep about the muder then a witness will say that he saw who he is he identified that he is a nord who is a skooma addict then he will tell you that you need to report this to a town guard and tell you to meet him at his house the next day after that you will have a battle with the nord then after that you will have your reward the bounty of the addict is 10000gold finshed
05-20-2007, 07:04 AM,

can be good, if you specify alot more and alot more detail.
And the bounty of 10000 gold is way to much I think for that small amount of work it is.
Finished Claims
Scc0304 | Scc0330 | Scc0330A
Scc0331 | Scc0338 | Scc0347
Scc0363 |
Steadhelm 01 | Steadhelm 02 | Steadhelm 03
Steadhelm 04 | Steadhelm 09 | Steadhelm 10
Steadhelm 11 | Steadhelm 12 | Steadhelm 16
Steadhelm 23A | Steadhelm 23 | Steadhelm 31
Steadhelm 32 | Steadhelm 35 | Steadhelm 36
Steadhelm 42 | Steadhelm 44 | Steadhelm 45
Steadhelm 46 | Steadhelm 47 | Steadhelm 48
Steadhelm 49 | Shrc02 Farm | Shrc01 Hlivam Estate

Claims under construction
05-20-2007, 07:08 AM,

100 Sounds like too much too me . And use"." at the end of your sentences.
05-29-2007, 11:50 AM,

Yes

Good Idea for a quest

Needs re-write with more detail but easily done and simple

The only concern I have about quests like these is the interplay with the factions and guilds

If we are not going to have the Imperial Legion as a joinable Faction than this is fine

If we are then this should be an Imperial Legion Quest for those who become members.

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
05-29-2007, 01:34 PM,

Possible quest implementation:
---
Quest Data - QuestID StSkoomaAddictionQuest1

Quest Name: The Problem With Skooma

Priority: 50

Start Game Enabled: Yes

Quest Conditions:
GetIsPlayableRace == 1
---
Quest Stages

10 I have read in the newspaper about a murder that took place at NPCX's house. The situation sounds serious. Perhaps a member of the Imperial Legion may be able to tell me more.
Results
addtopic StSAQuest1MurderTopic
addtopic StSASkoomaTopic
addtopic StSAEvidenceTopic
addtopic StSADealerTopic

20 I spoke with a member of the Imperial Legion and he explained to me that a number of robberies have been committed recently. The Imperial Legion believes that the robberies and the murder are connected. They suspect that a skooma addict may have been stealing from stores in order to finance his habit. However extra security provided by the Imperial Legion has forced him to rob homes instead. It is believed that the addict was interrupted by the owner of the house and a fight broke out. I may be able to find out more information about where the skooma addict is.

30 I asked a citizen of TownX about skooma and they told me that NPC1 is often in need of cash. Perhaps I should check out NPC1's house to see if the two matters are related.

40 I found a note in NPC1's house reminding him to repay his gambling debts. It would seem that he is not the skooma addict afterall. However other people's houses may contain more clues. I will have to be careful not to be caught trespassing.

50 In NPC2's house I discovered a crate filled with empty skooma bottles. It would seem that NPC2 is the addict. I should take this information to a member of the Imperial Legion.

60 The member of the Imperial Legion that I spoke to suggested that I speak to ILOfficer1, the officer in charge of the nearby Legion Fort.

70 I spoke to ILOfficer1 about the skooma addict. Luckily he seemed to accept my testimony but asked me to do a further favour for him. I am to follow NPC2 to where he meets with his skooma dealer. I should be careful not to be seen. Once I see who he meets with I should report back to ILOfficer1.

80 I followed NPC2 to the skooma dealer's hideout. It seems that his dealer is NPC3. Now that I know this I will need to take this information back to ILOfficer1.

90 I followed NPC2 to the skooma dealer's hideout. However I was discovered by them. I will need to defend myself against both of them.
Results
NPC2Ref.StartCombat player
NPC3Ref.StartCombat player

100 I killed both NPC2 and NPC3. I will need to go and tell ILOfficer1 that NPC3 was the skooma dealer, but that I had to kill them both.

110 ILOfficer1 was pleased that I was able to find out who the skooma dealer is. He assured me that the Imperial Legion would arrest both of them. He paid me 500 gold for my help.

120 ILOfficer1 was pleased that I was able to find out who the skooma dealer was. However he was less happy that I killed both of them. However he still thanked me for my help and rewarded me with 500 gold.

130 (empty quest entry, used for cleanup purposes)
Results
StopQuest StSkoomaAddictionQuest1
Complete Quest: Yes
---
Quest Script - Script Type: Quest

Scriptname StSkoomaAddictionQuest1Script

short closetoNPC2
short killSkoomaAddictionQuest
short doonce

begin gamemode

if killSkoomaAddictionQuest == 0
Return
endif

if ( GetStage StSkoomaAddictionQuest1 == 70 )
if ( player.GetDistance NPC2Ref <= 700 ) && ( doonce == 0 )
set closetoNPC2 to 1
NPC2Ref.EvaluatePackage
set doonce to 1
endif
endif

if ( player.GetDistance NPC2Ref <= 700 ) && ( player.GetDistance NPC3Ref <= 700 ) && ( player.GetDetected == 0 )
setstage StSkoomaAddictionQuest1 80
endif

if ( player.GetDistance NPC2Ref <= 700 ) && ( player.GetDistance NPC3Ref <= 700 ) && ( player.GetDetected == 1 )
setstage StSkoomaAddictionQuest1 90
endif

if ( GetStage StSkoomaAddictionQuest1 == 90 )
if ( NPC2Ref.GetDead == 1 ) && ( NPC3Ref.GetDead == 1 )
setstage StSkoomaAddictionQuest1 100
endif
endif

end
---
Items
Newspaper EditorID - StSkoomaAddictionQuest1Newspaper

Text - (I'll let someone else write this bit)

Script Type: Object

Scriptname StSkoomaAddictionQuest1NewspaperScript

begin onequip player

if ( GetStage StSkoomaAddictionQuest1 == 0 )
setstage StSkoomaAddictionQuest1 10
endif

end
---
Note EditorID - StSkoomaAddictionQuest1Note

Text - NPC1, Don't forget your debts are due in two weeks. If they aren't paid by that date, then serious consequences will follow.

Scriptname StSkoomaAddictionQuest1NoteScript

begin onAdd player

if ( GetStage StSkoomaAddictionQuest1 == 30 )
setstage StSkoomaAddictionQuest1 40
endif

end
---
Crate

Crate EditorID - StSkoomaAddictionQuest1Crate

begin onActivate player

if ( GetStage StSkoomaAddicitionQuest1 == 40 )
setstage StSkoomaAddictionQuest1 50
endif

end
---
Dialogue

DialogueID - StSAQuest1MurderTopic, Topic Text - Murder

Response:
It's interesting you mention that. There have been a number of robberies lately.
We think that the two events are interconnected. We believe that someone, possibly a skooma addict, has been robbing the stores.
It is so he can afford to finance his drug habit. In response to the robberies the Imperial Legion increased our patrols.
That may have forced him to rob homes instead. We believe that he may have been robbing the house when he was interrupted by the owner.
When that happened a fight broke out, and the owner was killed. But rest assured, the Imperial Legion will find a way to catch this criminal.

Results
setstage StSkoomaAddictionQuest1 20
set StSkoomaAddicitionQuest.killSkoomaAddictionQuest to 1

Conditions
GetInFaction ImperialLegion == 1
GetInCell NameOfTown == 1
GetStage StSkoomaAddictionQuest == 10
---
DialogueID - StSASkoomaTopic, Topic Text: Skooma

Response:
Skooma? I don't have anything to do with skooma. But you know, NPC1 is often in need of cash.
Now I'm not meaning to suggest that NPC1 is a skooma addict, but normal people aren't usually that desperate for cash.

Results
setstage StSkoomAddictionQuest1 30

Conditions
GetInFaction ImperialLegion == 0
GetStage StSkoomaAddictionQuest 20
---
Dialogue ID StSAEvidenceTopic, Topic Text: Murder Investigation Evidence

Response:
If you have any evidence concerning the murder investigation in town then I suggest you take it to ILOfficer1 at NameOfLegionFort.

Results
setstage StSkoomaAddictionQuest1 60

Conditions
GetStage StSkoomaAddictionQuest1 == 50

Response:
You have evidence that NPC2 is the skooma addict we suspect is behind the recent murder?
Good, we'll search his house to collect the evidence. I want to thank you for helping us, but I have one more favour to ask.
I want to stop any skooma from even being dealt in NameOfTown. You need to follow NPC2 to where he meets his skooma dealer.
Make sure you are not seen. Once you know who the dealer is then report back here immediately. Be careful.

Results
setstage StSkoomaAddictionQuest1 70

Conditions
GetStage StSkoomaAddictionQuest1 == 60
GetIsID ILOfficer1 == 1
---
Dialogue ID StSADealerTopic, Topic Text: Skooma Dealer

Response:
NPC3 is the dealer? You are sure of this? Good, very good. Don't worry, we'll arrest them right away.
As I promised, any citizen who is willing to help the Imperial Legion will be rewarded. Take this 500 gold for a job well done.

Results
setstage StSkoomaAddictionQuest1 110
player.additem Gold001 500

Conditions
GetIsID ILOfficer1 == 1
GetStage StSkoomaAddictionQuest1 == 80

Response:
So you followed NPC2 to NPC3. Good, well done on finding out who the skooma dealer was.
But you let them see you. I told you to make sure you weren't seen. The Imperial Legion is meant to be the ones to deal with law breakers.
But despite that you still did help solve a murder investigation. I promised you a reward, so take this 500 gold.

Results
setstage StSkoomaAddictionQuest1 120

Conditions
GetIsID ILOfficer1 == 1
GetStage StSkoomaAddictionQuest1 == 100
---
Xmarker

(placed near skooma dealer)

ReferenceID: StSAQuest1DealerXmarker
---
AI Package

Type: Travel

Conditions
GetQuestVariable closetoNPC2 == 1

(add AI package to NPC2 at top of package list)
--------

I've provided the meat of the quest. Whoever implements it will need to decide where to place NPC1,2,3 ILOfficer1, the note, crate, newspaper, Xmarker, and any additional AI for the NPCs. Also there may be some scripting errors (particularly getting NPC2 to travel to the Xmarker). Also I assigned 700 as a the distance but it may need to closer, ideally you should be able to read the names of the NPCs.
05-29-2007, 01:36 PM,

I find it strange that he killed them..
Skooma addicts generally need skooma..
Short time users might experience illusions.. (read: usually)
But a addict would only attack someone if they try to deny him his skooma..

The only problem I can see with the quest suggestion directly above is that the Legion jump to that its a Skooma Addict.. (They would need a reason)
The meaning of life is 'Bucket'.
05-29-2007, 01:53 PM,

Hey, let's add some people who have seen the guy around at night... and God forbid if they have opinions on what your pc does... as in, one man might think it's great that you're taking the guy in, and another woman might be very sympathetic, etc etc
05-30-2007, 02:28 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lingwei
Possible quest implementation:
---
Quest Data - QuestID StSkoomaAddictionQuest1

Quest Name: The Problem With Skooma

Priority: 50

Start Game Enabled: Yes

Quest Conditions:
GetIsPlayableRace == 1
---
Quest Stages

10 I have read in the newspaper about a murder that took place at NPCX's house. The situation sounds serious. Perhaps a member of the Imperial Legion may be able to tell me more.
Results
addtopic StSAQuest1MurderTopic
addtopic StSASkoomaTopic
addtopic StSAEvidenceTopic
addtopic StSADealerTopic

20 I spoke with a member of the Imperial Legion and he explained to me that a number of robberies have been committed recently. The Imperial Legion believes that the robberies and the murder are connected. They suspect that a skooma addict may have been stealing from stores in order to finance his habit. However extra security provided by the Imperial Legion has forced him to rob homes instead. It is believed that the addict was interrupted by the owner of the house and a fight broke out. I may be able to find out more information about where the skooma addict is. (no DNA testing in Tamriel, what makes them believe its a skooma addit and not just some thief)

30 I asked a citizen of TownX about skooma and they told me that NPC1 is often in need of cash. Perhaps I should check out NPC1's house to see if the two matters are related.

40 I found a note in NPC1's house reminding him to repay his gambling debts. It would seem that he is not the skooma addict afterall. However other people's houses may contain more clues. I will have to be careful not to be caught trespassing.(if your investigating for the legion why not just get a document allowing you to search homes)

50 In NPC2's house I discovered a crate filled with empty skooma bottles. It would seem that NPC2 is the addict. I should take this information to a member of the Imperial Legion.

60 The member of the Imperial Legion that I spoke to suggested that I speak to ILOfficer1, the officer in charge of the nearby Legion Fort.

70 I spoke to ILOfficer1 about the skooma addict. Luckily he seemed to accept my testimony but asked me to do a further favour for him. I am to follow NPC2 to where he meets with his skooma dealer. I should be careful not to be seen. Once I see who he meets with I should report back to ILOfficer1.

80 I followed NPC2 to the skooma dealer's hideout. It seems that his dealer is NPC3. Now that I know this I will need to take this information back to ILOfficer1.

90 I followed NPC2 to the skooma dealer's hideout. However I was discovered by them. I will need to defend myself against both of them.
Results
NPC2Ref.StartCombat player
NPC3Ref.StartCombat player

100 I killed both NPC2 and NPC3. I will need to go and tell ILOfficer1 that NPC3 was the skooma dealer, but that I had to kill them both.

110 ILOfficer1 was pleased that I was able to find out who the skooma dealer is. He assured me that the Imperial Legion would arrest both of them. He paid me 500 gold for my help.

120 ILOfficer1 was pleased that I was able to find out who the skooma dealer was. However he was less happy that I killed both of them. However he still thanked me for my help and rewarded me with 500 gold.

130 (empty quest entry, used for cleanup purposes)
Results
StopQuest StSkoomaAddictionQuest1
Complete Quest: Yes
---
Quest Script - Script Type: Quest

Scriptname StSkoomaAddictionQuest1Script

short closetoNPC2
short killSkoomaAddictionQuest
short doonce

begin gamemode

if killSkoomaAddictionQuest == 0
Return
endif

if ( GetStage StSkoomaAddictionQuest1 == 70 )
if ( player.GetDistance NPC2Ref <= 700 ) && ( doonce == 0 )
set closetoNPC2 to 1
NPC2Ref.EvaluatePackage
set doonce to 1
endif
endif

if ( player.GetDistance NPC2Ref <= 700 ) && ( player.GetDistance NPC3Ref <= 700 ) && ( player.GetDetected == 0 )
setstage StSkoomaAddictionQuest1 80
endif

if ( player.GetDistance NPC2Ref <= 700 ) && ( player.GetDistance NPC3Ref <= 700 ) && ( player.GetDetected == 1 )
setstage StSkoomaAddictionQuest1 90
endif

if ( GetStage StSkoomaAddictionQuest1 == 90 )
if ( NPC2Ref.GetDead == 1 ) && ( NPC3Ref.GetDead == 1 )
setstage StSkoomaAddictionQuest1 100
endif
endif

end
---
Items
Newspaper EditorID - StSkoomaAddictionQuest1Newspaper

Text - (I'll let someone else write this bit)

Scriptname StSkoomaAddictionQuest1NewspaperScript

begin onequip player

if ( GetStage StSkoomaAddictionQuest1 == 0 )
setstage StSkoomaAddictionQuest1 10
endif

end
---
Note EditorID - StSkoomaAddictionQuest1Note

Text - NPC1, Don't forget your debts are due in two weeks. If they aren't paid by that date, then serious consequences will follow.

Scriptname StSkoomaAddictionQuest1NoteScript

begin onAdd player

if ( GetStage StSkoomaAddictionQuest1 == 30 )
setstage StSkoomaAddictionQuest1 40
endif

end
---
Crate

Crate EditorID - StSkoomaAddictionQuest1Crate

begin onActivate player

if ( GetStage StSkoomaAddicitionQuest1 == 40 )
setstage StSkoomaAddictionQuest1 50
endif

end
---
Dialogue

DialogueID - StSAQuest1MurderTopic, Topic Text - Murder

Response:
It's interesting you mention that. There have been a number of robberies lately.
We think that the two events are interconnected. We believe that someone, possibly a skooma addict, has been robbing the stores.
It is so he can afford to finance his drug habit. In response to the robberies the Imperial Legion increased our patrols.
That may have forced him to rob homes instead. We believe that he may have been robbing the house when he was interrupted by the owner.
When that happened a fight broke out, and the owner was killed. But rest assured, the Imperial Legion will find a way to catch this criminal.

Results
setstage StSkoomaAddictionQuest1 20
set StSkoomaAddicitionQuest.killSkoomaAddictionQuest to 1

Conditions
GetStage StSkoomaAddictionQuest == 10
---
DialogueID - StSASkoomaTopic, Topic Text: Skooma

Response:
Skooma? I don't have anything to do with skooma. But you know, NPC1 is often in need of cash.
Now I'm not meaning to suggest that NPC1 is a skooma addict, but normal people aren't usually that desperate for cash.

Results
setstage StSkoomAddictionQuest1 30

Conditions
GetInFaction ImperialLegion == 0
GetStage StSkoomaAddictionQuest 20
---
Dialogue ID StSAEvidenceTopic, Topic Text: Murder Investigation Evidence

Response:
If you have any evidence concerning the murder investigation in town then I suggest you take it to ILOfficer1 at NameOfLegionFort.

Results
setstage StSkoomaAddictionQuest1 60

Conditions
GetStage StSkoomaAddictionQuest1 == 50

Response:
You have evidence that NPC2 is the skooma addict we suspect is behind the recent murder?
Good, we'll search his house to collect the evidence. I want to thank you for helping us, but I have one more favour to ask.
I want to stop any skooma from even being dealt in NameOfTown. You need to follow NPC2 to where he meets his skooma dealer.
Make sure you are not seen. Once you know who the dealer is then report back here immediately. Be careful.

Results
setstage StSkoomaAddictionQuest1 70

Conditions
GetStage StSkoomaAddictionQuest1 == 60
GetIsID ILOfficer1 == 1
---
Dialogue ID StSADealerTopic, Topic Text: Skooma Dealer

Response:
NPC3 is the dealer? You are sure of this? Good, very good. Don't worry, we'll arrest them right away.
As I promised, any citizen who is willing to help the Imperial Legion will be rewarded. Take this 500 gold for a job well done.

Results
setstage StSkoomaAddictionQuest1 110

Conditions
GetIsID ILOfficer1 == 1
GetStage StSkoomaAddictionQuest1 == 80

Response:
So you followed NPC2 to NPC3. Good, well done on finding out who the skooma dealer was.
But you let them see you. I told you to make sure you weren't seen. The Imperial Legion is meant to be the ones to deal with law breakers.
But despite that you still did help solve a murder investigation. I promised you a reward, so take this 500 gold.

Results
setstage StSkoomaAddictionQuest1 120

Conditions
GetIsID ILOfficer1 == 1
GetStage StSkoomaAddictionQuest1 == 100
---
Xmarker

(placed near skooma dealer)

ReferenceID: StSAQuest1DealerXmarker
---
AI Package

Type: Travel

Conditions
GetQuestVariable closetoNPC2 == 1

(add AI package to NPC2 at top of package list)
--------

I've provided the meat of the quest. Whoever implements it will need to decide where to place NPC1,2,3 ILOfficer1, the note, crate, newspaper, Xmarker, and any additional AI for the NPCs. Also there may be some scripting errors (particularly getting NPC2 to travel to the Xmarker). Also I assigned 700 as a the distance but it may need to closer, ideally you should be able to read the names of the NPCs.

Made notes to think on, very good quest :goodjob:
Last note: will the next Paper indicate that the skooma addict has been found and imprisoned. or the other: been found and killed ?

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
12-03-2007, 10:07 AM,

how abbout let the legion raid his house so you get bigge rewards