Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
some hut concepts
03-10-2007, 08:05 PM,
some hut concepts
just got this idea and figgured I'd put down an outline.
some swamp huts that are like beaver huts (with entrances below the water for safety)

you might see these as huts for outcasts
or maybe even a whole village.

I just figgured that since the argonians naturaly can breathe underwater, why not?

[Image: DSC01940.jpg]

EDIT: Damn i need to get a scanner so i can stop taking pictures of my work, hahaha.
We live in deeds, not years; in thoughts, not breaths;
In feelings, not in figures on a dial.
03-10-2007, 08:24 PM,

sounds like a great idea!

after some finalization of what architecture is in, I'll make a concept map of the architectural distribution and cultural distribution in the Black Marsh :yes:
06-13-2007, 06:08 PM,

I love that idea.
The fact that argonians can breathe underwater I find greatly underused. This idea is great, but I'd like some details on how it's built.
I see there are sharpened wooden poles, but how are the walls made? Leafwork and mud?
Also, having holes in the roof, not so convinient. I get the idea, that the smoke has to come out but during the night it will rain in and the hole will e big enough for hostile creatures or people to come into, ruining the idea of an underwater entrance.
Also, the entrance, a simple hole with perhaps a thin layer of leaves to prevent fishes from going in, but not thick enough to prevent the argonian from comming in.
06-13-2007, 06:38 PM,

love it! Brilliant idea! I assume these huts would be "open air" so you don't have to go through a door (as I feel this would break the atmosphere). But doing that would limit their uses (can't really have huge villages) There might also be some physics problems as general clutter has a nasty habit of floating in water.

Edd
An Old Man is sitting on a Bench eating Soup. He is a fool.
06-13-2007, 07:35 PM,

Sure, stuff will float. The more reason to keep it on the "upper floor", or inside a heavy chest. Probably should only keep stainless items down there too.
More likely to have minotaur horns than frost salts, more likely to have potions than books.
06-14-2007, 12:05 PM,

are the mangrove swamps going to be in BM? if so, how a bout huts built with the roots as supports?, then in the interior wecould mod it so the some roots are curved in to make frames for furniture.

Edd
An Old Man is sitting on a Bench eating Soup. He is a fool.
06-14-2007, 08:43 PM,

yes in the southern regions and along the river sthere are mangroves, and yes I was intending for some tribes to use the roots for their homes but I haven't concepted it yet, if you wanna, then by all means llamaranger :goodjob: