Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the MQs set up discussion
03-20-2006, 01:37 AM,
the MQs set up discussion
alright... I think this is how we could do it...

tension is building up right?
then you have the:
Helseth Conspiracy miniMQ where the meddling by King Helseth actually accidentally sparks the war and the tensions explode as all the different factions band under a few alliances and wage a terrible Vvardenfell war. You will probably have to track down agents, stop assassinations, help keep order, etc. and eventually uncover the cu;prit, though you don't have the evidence to prove it...

and then the Great House War is sparked right?
so then you have the:
Great House War MQ now the War gains momentum and you decide who will be the dominant House on Vvardenfell by being the Hortator of the alliance and crushing the others.

well, you find that Vivec is gone... something is wrong right?
so then you get him back in the:
Atronach Cult mini-MQ where you find how the Atronachs have been summoned to take out Vivec and try to weaken the Temple... perhaps the Sixth House's doing?

and the instability of the Tribunal Temple... right?
leads there to be the:
Temple vs. 6th House MQ where the Sixth House has a massive uprising and the Temple must gather their forces to take out the Sixth House.... which side will you go on? and this is the finale, whether the Temple can survive or the Sixth House can return from near-extinction
03-20-2006, 02:52 AM,
RE: the MQs set up discussion
Can there be some kind of outlander side also for the final showdown?
03-20-2006, 03:05 AM,

Elaborate. Why would there be an Outlander side and what would this entail? Keep in mind that to reach this point, the PC has already needed to a) join a Great House and rise to the upper echalons during the war and b) rescue Vivec from the Astronach Cultists. It seems to me that his position as an Outlander has largely been shed at this point and he is "one" with the Dunmer of Vvardenfell.

Incidentally, we had talked about giving the PC the ability to join the Ordinators, Armigers, or Crusaders in the final MQ segment but we weren't sure of a rationalle. I think we have one now: the PC has saved Vivec, one of the Dunmer's greatest saints and the head of the Temple, so Vivec gives him an honorary membership in the Temple order of his choice as a reward.
03-20-2006, 03:31 AM,

Sorry double post.
03-20-2006, 03:32 AM,

I was just thinking that I never much cared for the temple or the sixth house, though when I think about its not that great of an idea, just make the temple more reformed and outlander friendly, they always annoyed me to death in Morrowind, and the PC isn't just working to help the Dunmer if he's with Hlaalu or Telvanni.
03-20-2006, 04:50 AM,

Sounds like a very entertaining and involving quest, and no doubtely very long. I really look forward to it because of the many possibilities it offers as well as changes in plot, enemies, etc. I can't wait to see a more detailed list of the quests. :goodjob:
?The light that puts out our eyes is darkness to us. Only that day dawns to which we are awake. There is more day to dawn? - Henry David Thoreau
03-20-2006, 07:59 AM,

Sigfried, I really think that your option there is just to walk away. Honestly, if there's a war brewing and you don't want to get behind either side, you leave and let them fight it out, unless you want one to lose more than the other, in which case you're back to choosing a side.