Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what are you guys doing?
05-17-2007, 03:06 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Vvardenfell's heightmap is 2x cyrodiil I believe? It took Bethesda 4 years to make cyrodiil, so they don't need more work.

2x TES3's Vvardenfell
05-17-2007, 03:11 AM,

Ahh i was wrong then. how large is it in comparison to Cyrodiil then? same size?

I think Silgrad Tower is 2x cyrodiil then. Takes like an hour to run across the ST map.

i was only off by double... Big Grin
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
05-17-2007, 01:14 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Hector the Hooded
Well, first of all, do you know how hard and long it takes to build a landmass the size of Vvardenfell? VERY.

The rest of Morrowind is out of the question, by far, so please don't complain :yes:!

Besides, out of all of Morrowind VVardenfell is the most unique place (That and Almalexia.)

Even a simple interior claim can take a small 2 hours. If you really wants quality, you have to take a long time.
But hey, you may always do some claims by yourself.
05-23-2007, 12:19 PM,

Plenty of stuff going on - glad to see that this Beyond Cyrodiil coalition has been formed - though it appears Tamriel Rebuilt's Hammerfell isn't part of it, if your list is accurate. In regards to the constant demands for Morrowind, if we can take LOD and heightmaps for Vvardenfell then we could technically do the same for the rest of the province as made by TR. Of course that would bring up the question of ownership, but then again a number of people here are former TR modders, so we could technically use exteriors that we'd made ourself. I may try this out just as a test, purely because I'd love to have my little port of Bal Oyra back again Big Grin

I guess a question I should ask is how much resource sharing is there between this project and ST. I notice ST seem to have some sort of privacy thing, meaning only modders can actually play with the nicest versions of their models, but how does that tie in to this project - it's hosted on the ST forums but is there more affiliation. My thoughts are that as they've already done Redoran buildings and a number of TES3 armour sets, it would be odd to have different ones in Vvardenfell.
Things get hot when there's an Inferno str1ke

Back from outer space.
05-23-2007, 12:46 PM,

Pretty much total sharing! Although, they don't need all of our models!
The rider in black is always watching......
05-23-2007, 06:42 PM,

in a sense Silgrad Tower is our older brother... we are partners in making Morrowind, but we have two different districts, it is unlikely but other parts of Morrowind are possible in the future. However I know I will not lead a project for the mainland, I see no reason to, I have no intention to.
when me and Razorwing talked about creating a big collaboration of TES3 Tamrielic mods there was Silgrad Tower and Vvardenfell. The seeds of Black Marsh and Skyrim were there, and originally it was the Black Marsh mod that had the name Beyond Cyrodiil, which was transferred to our entire community. We are not part of TR, and they are not part of us, its a mutually agreeable state of matters. As for sharing, we share everything, but we are going to need more than they will as our land is more diverse thatn the mainly Redoran Silgrad area.
05-24-2007, 08:35 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Ahh I was wrong then. how large is it in comparison to Cyrodiil then? same size?
The original Vvardenfell (in TES3: Morrowind) and Cyrodiil (the playable province in TES4: Oblivion) are virtually the same size.

This project's Vvardenfell is 2x the scale of the original. This means twice as deep, twice as wide. i.e. Four the surface area to populate and travel across (AFAIR about 29 square miles as opposed to the original Vvardenfell's/Cyrodiil's 7 square miles). Eight times the volume. It dwarfs Cyrodiil. There's a simple comparison I did here a while back of the comparative heightmaps for each game.

Lightwave