Silgrad Tower from the Ashes
The Capital of House Redoran - Printable Version

+- Silgrad Tower from the Ashes (https://www.silgradmodding.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Discussions for Silgrad Tower TES IV (Oblivion) & TES III (Morrowind) (https://www.silgradmodding.net/forum/Forum-Discussions-for-Silgrad-Tower-TES-IV-Oblivion-TES-III-Morrowind)
+--- Forum: FAQ Board TESIV. (https://www.silgradmodding.net/forum/Forum-FAQ-Board-TESIV)
+---- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://www.silgradmodding.net/forum/Forum-Miscellaneous)
+---- Thread: The Capital of House Redoran (/Thread-The-Capital-of-House-Redoran)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

The Capital of House Redoran - bob196045 - 01-12-2007

Howdy,

With all the questions about which is the Capital City of House Redoran I will ask the question

Which One?

and I will also offer my vote for Silgrad Tower

and here is why, mind you, my perspective is from a TES3 view point

1) The Council House is allready their
2) I do not know what the plans are for adding Kragenmoor to the TES4 version
3) Blacklight has only a small redoran district within the city

Thats it

For TES3 ST I will support whatever decision is made and make the necessary adjustments

Of course if this is truely not an issue then one of the Admins may close this Thread

Thanks & Enjoy
Bob

- Verlox - 01-13-2007

I thin Kragenmoor was the original seat of House Redoran, before it was moved to Vvardenfell.

- The Old Ye Bard - 01-13-2007

It's Kragenmoor, now with even more support from the Letters :yes:

- Sniper4 - 01-13-2007

I've read many posts throughout TR and the ES forums that stated that Kragenmoor either was, or still is the capital of Great House Redoran.

If Kragenmoor isn't the capital anymore, it would certainly be Ald Ruhn, since that is where the council is currently located. Otherwise, Kragenmoor is just fine enough for me Smile.

edit: Think we could just ask MK?

- KuKulzA - 01-13-2007

I say Kragenmoore...
Blacklight, Soluthis, and Silgrad are just way too close and under the thumb of imperial rule... though Kragenmoore has sizeable Hlaalu influence it is at least ruled by Redoran without overseeing of Imperials...

- WhiteWizard - 01-13-2007

I agree...
because they bring up good points. Big Grin

- bob196045 - 01-13-2007

Smile

This is good, cause even though I voted for Silgrad, my vote is only based on what I stated above, however I do agree with Kragenmoor and have never disputed that

Of course this is still way early to come to any conclusion

Big Grin

Bob

- TheImperialDragon - 01-13-2007

People are probably getting sick of me referring this map but...

http://til.gamingsource.net/maps/concept_morrowind.jpg

According to that concept map released by Bethesda, Kragenmoore was a major Hlaalu city, Blacklight was the only major Redoran city.

Here's an interesting bit of lore from TIL:

REFERENCE

Quote:Contrived border incidents in Black Marsh ended inconclusively, but the swampy terrain did not favor legion and navy coordination. Against the legions massed west of Silgrad Tower and Kragenmoor, and the legions west of Blacklight and Cormaris View, Morrowind had pitifully small militias stiffened by small companies of Redoran mercenaries and elite units of house nobles and Temple Ordinators and Armigers. Further complicating matters was the refusal of Indoril, Dres, Hlaalu, and Telvanni to garrison the western borders; Indoril and Dres proposed, rather than defend the western border, instead to withdraw to the interior and fight a guerilla war. With Hlaalu advocating accommodation, and Telvanni remaining neutral, Redoran therefore faced the prospect of standing alone against the Empire.

The situation changed radically when Vivec appeared in person in Vivec City to announce his negotiation of a treaty with Emperor Tiber Septim, reorganizing Morrowind as a province of the Empire, but guaranteeing "all rights of faith and self-government." A shocked Temple hierarchy, which apparently had not been consulted, greeted the announcement with awkward silence. Indoril swore they would resist to the death, with the loyal support of Dres, while Redoran, grateful for a graceful excuse to avoid facing the legions unsupported, joined with Hlaalu in welcoming the agreement. Telvanni, seeing which way the wind blew, joined with Hlaalu and Redoran in supporting the treaty.

EDIT: CAIUS COSADES' LETTER

Quote:There is little to report from Kragenmoor. As you may well imagine, interest in our Akatosh shrine has increased ten-fold since His miraculous intervention. We experienced little of the Gate disruptions you saw in Cyrodiil, but what we did see wonderfully focused the minds of skeptics, back-sliders, and old-guard Tribunal worshipers on the manifold glories and powers of the Nine. As I have told you, House Hlaalu has always been but a lukewarm guest to the feast of the Nine, but I am seeing more heart-felt interest in divine counsel and prayer than in years past. It is unfortunate that only such a terrible calamity can awaken the mind and spirit to the comforts of the Faith.

Another reference to Hlaalu having a strong presence in Kragenmoore.

- The Old Ye Bard - 01-13-2007

Sorry I got muddled up, I meant to say Silgrad Tower, or Blacklight, but defiently not Kragenmoor :dunce:

RE: The Capital of House Redoran - raggidman - 01-13-2007

Got to go for Kraggenmoore as I love the setting offered with the prospect of beleagured Redorans inundated by Hlaalu in their own Capital = could be 'interesting times'.

Personally I believe that map is Hlaalu propaganda! We all know they never play fair. :yes:

Besides, when you look at the work that has been done no one has created the necessary models, NPCs or storylines for any of the other locations to be the Capital, so I suspect that our community (and others) really believe in their heart of hearts that the Redoran capital cannot heve been Blacklight, Silgrad Tower or Soluthis.

What I would like to see is dissension in the Redoran Halls of power about relocating the Redoran Capital = fun questing for the player and solid internal reason to account for the sudden drop in the relative strength of Redoran vs Hlaalu and Dres.

So how many players would like to decide in-game where the Redoran Capital should be in future?