Silgrad Tower from the Ashes
Vivec and Nerevarine - Printable Version

+- Silgrad Tower from the Ashes (https://www.silgradmodding.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Archived (closed boards) former hosted projects for Oblivion. (https://www.silgradmodding.net/forum/Forum-Archived-closed-boards-former-hosted-projects-for-Oblivion)
+--- Forum: TES4: Vvardenfell (https://www.silgradmodding.net/forum/Forum-TES4-Vvardenfell)
+---- Forum: Vvardenfell's Main quest (https://www.silgradmodding.net/forum/Forum-Vvardenfell-s-Main-quest)
+---- Thread: Vivec and Nerevarine (/Thread-Vivec-and-Nerevarine)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

- Axen - 10-04-2006

Quote:Originally posted by Donny
As the player had to choose wether to kill vivec or not it is not nice to show him up like that.
The player could choose whether to kill ANYBODY or not.

- Donny - 10-04-2006

Yes. And?

Im just saying *jesus christ for 3rd time* that Vivec played a big role in Morrowind and at the end of the Tribunal expansion player could have ended the whole tribunal by killing vivec, did or didnt he that remains a mystery for vivec vanished.
Let me repeat that end part for it still may not be clear; Vivec vanished, he isnt at morrowind, he may not be even at Nirn.

Killing vivec > killing a random NPC

Got it already?

- Axen - 10-04-2006

Not all NPC's are random. King Helseth, for instance. 3285782935 people killed him. Does that mean we have to exclude him from our mod in any form?

- Donny - 10-04-2006

Quote:Originally posted by Axen
Not all NPC's are random. King Helseth, for instance. 3285782935 people killed him. Does that mean we have to exclude him from our mod in any form?
Does the lore say king Helsth has been killed?
No.

Does the lore say Vivec has been killed?
No, but the lore says that he has vanished.

Did I say that Helsth was a random NPC?
No.

Is this really the 4th time Im trying to hammer in to your skull that vivec isnt at vvardenfell?
Yes.

EDIT: And oh, just so say why Im I saying that player could have killed vivec, if you do remember, part of nerevarine prophecy was that he would destroy the false gods, meaning that Nerevarine would destroy the Tribunal.

- Telesphoros - 10-25-2006

Quote:I've heard nothing good. In Morrowind, they say the man-god Vivec has gone missing. Some believe he has been taken by the daedra.

That's what it says in the Oblivion game. Also if you go through Azura's dialogue in the Morrowind CS there are comments relating to him being killed/no more after the Tribunal Main Quest is completed depending on what the character did.

Nothing like that for Helseth of course.

Therefore I'd have to agree with Donny on this one and not using Vivec. Your choice of course and I'd still play the mod. I just wouldn't consider it adhering to lore so much considering two sources have him dead/and or missing. And the missing part could be extrapolated as a fail safe for Bethesda depending on what the character did. Therefore Vivec is truly dead and someone (The Temple diehards most likely) have planted the rumor Vivec has gone missing and/or taken by the daedra. -Or- Vivec is alive and he really is missing and/or taken by the daedra. Either way he wouldn't be in Vvardenfell, just like the Nerevarine...

At the very least you'd need to explain his return (The Nerevarine too for that matter) and leave it uncertain in some areas whether he died and was brought back. Not enough time for him to be reborn yet methinks.

In my own mod I'm going by quest outcomes for Morrowind and the Expansions (i.e. if a NPC can be killed to finish the quest then they won't be making an appearance in the mod) and for sanity's sake taking the dialogue/notes/books in Oblivion as gospel. At least until the next TES game comes out and proves or disproves them Wink

- Axen - 10-26-2006

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=538343
That seems to suggest that Vivec is still alive.

- Telesphoros - 10-26-2006

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index...howtopic=538343
Quote:That seems to suggest that Vivec is still alive.

Um, a Forum post dated August 16th suggests Vivec is alive... So that's the reason Vivec is alive in your mod that is supposedly based on the lore?

It's not by a developer (the guy posted exatly once), it's not part of the game in any way I can see, so it's not part of the lore...

Like I said, to each their own. Think I'll stick to the lore though.

- TheImperialDragon - 10-26-2006

I believe MJ wrote an obscure text on Vivec regarding the incidents after Morrowind, and most of the obscure texts written by dev's are accepted as official lore, even if it technically isn't. I personally think it would be best to not have Vivec present in the mod, but have traces of what he may have done before vanishing, like letters to Ordinators and stuff, because I think that would add to the mod, add more mystery and suspense (sp) which is what contributed originally to the TES series' success. Unanswered questions can always add to something in that sense.

- Telesphoros - 10-26-2006

Agreed Imperial Dragon. I'm leaving it as a mystery if Vivec is alive or dead, because we really don't know for sure. Bringing him back in the picture ruins much of the suspense. Not to mention people will just kill him again, and what fun is that? As a character, I think he's more valuable this way to modders than if her were to make an appearance.

- Axen - 10-26-2006

Quote:Originally posted by Telesphoros
Um, a Forum post dated August 16th suggests Vivec is alive... So that's the reason Vivec is alive in your mod that is supposedly based on the lore?

It's not by a developer (the guy posted exatly once), it's not part of the game in any way I can see, so it's not part of the lore...

Like I said, to each their own. Think I'll stick to the lore though.
That's an in-character post made by a developer. And those accounts tend to get pruned and have to be remade, resetting post count and registration date.
And the "unofficial" lore posted by devs in the lore forum is much more legit to me than "SITHIS IZ TEH GOD OF EMOZ LOLZ".