Silgrad Tower from the Ashes
Vivec and Nerevarine - Printable Version

+- Silgrad Tower from the Ashes (https://www.silgradmodding.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Archived (closed boards) former hosted projects for Oblivion. (https://www.silgradmodding.net/forum/Forum-Archived-closed-boards-former-hosted-projects-for-Oblivion)
+--- Forum: TES4: Vvardenfell (https://www.silgradmodding.net/forum/Forum-TES4-Vvardenfell)
+---- Forum: Vvardenfell's Main quest (https://www.silgradmodding.net/forum/Forum-Vvardenfell-s-Main-quest)
+---- Thread: Vivec and Nerevarine (/Thread-Vivec-and-Nerevarine)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

- Telesphoros - 10-27-2006

Quote:That's an in-character post made by a developer. And those accounts tend to get pruned and have to be remade, resetting post count and registration date.
And the "unofficial" lore posted by devs in the lore forum is much more legit to me than "SITHIS IZ the GOD OF EMOZ LOLZ".

Well that just makes all the sense in the world... Have at it.

- TheImperialDragon - 10-27-2006

Calm down boys...

- Telesphoros - 10-27-2006

Oh I'm very calm. Just in disagreement is all.

Although some "former" developers have posted in the ES Lore Forum and I respect them very much for their past works, it's still hard to run with that version (the poem is very ambiguous anyways) of the Lore when there are other in game clues that lead us to think otherwise.

For instance, should the character have killed Vivec in Morrowind (and there is the backpath to consider), it is acknowledged by Azura at the end of the Tribunal Main Quest:

Say "Vo\Misc\tr_azuraend3b.mp3", "There is much for you still to do. Vivec, is dead, though I thought he might play a part in your future. Continue on your chosen path. The skies of Mournhold are clear once again. Let these people suffer no longer. Now go, mortal.Embrace your destiny, and go with my blessing."
set state to 20
elseif ( gameState == 3 )
Say "Vo\Misc\tr_azuraend3c.mp3", "Your work in Morrowind is not finished, Nerevarine. Vivec still lives, but I believe his time grows short. Protect my people. Defend these lands. The skies of Mournhold are clear once again. Let these people suffer no longer. Now go, mortal. Embrace your destiny, and go with my blessing."
set state to 20
elseif ( gameState == 4 )
Say "Vo\Misc\tr_azuraend3d.mp3", "Your work in Morrowind is not finished, Nerevarine. The Tribunal are dead, and the faith of my people is shaken. Protect them. Defend these lands. The skies of Mournhold are clear once again. Let these people suffer no longer. Now go, mortal. Embrace your destiny, and go with my blessing."

Quote:The Devil is dead, and the Blight is gone. Praise Almsivi, and bless you, Nerevarine. Now we must set ourselves to work on reconciling the Dissident Priests with the Temple hierarchy. It should be difficult. We have been greatly at fault. But, with energy and goodwill, we must make a start. It is strange, however. that I have not heard from Lord Vivec. From time to time he does disappear, for reasons of his own, but it seems odd that he should be absent now in the moment of his triumph.

That from Tholer Saryoni from Morrowind.

Quote:I've heard nothing good. In Morrowind, they say the man-god Vivec has gone missing. Some believe he has been taken by the daedra.

That from Oblivion. General dialogue, true, but coupled with the rest, the diehard Temple members could be going with that to protect what little is left of the Temple.

Not to mention if you're going with the unofficial lore from said former developer, there is the Trial of Vivec to consider, which would also take Vive out of the picture I would imagine for the timeframe of this mod.

I'll admit that Oblivion and the Lore got seriously messed up, but nonetheless you could see the Vivec deal coming from a mile off back in Morrowind...

In conclusion, I don't think think it's a good idea to add the physical version of Vivec in a lore-based mod. Not my mod though and I don't have to play it, so as i've said to each their own. Have at it.

- TheImperialDragon - 10-27-2006

It is indeed possible that someone in the high entourage of Vivec may be usurping the position, faking the words of their gods, following his own agenda, etc... He could have been killed, he could have been kidnapped (or godnapped Tongue ), he could be just quiet, or a number of other things. For all we know, he might come back from some sort of fake death. Confusedhrug: Much mystery surrounds Vivec.

- Axen - 10-28-2006

I heard that MK is going to canonize something about Vivec in the Knights of the Nine plugin.

- KuKulzA - 10-29-2006

Quote:Originally posted by Axen
I heard that MK is going to canonize something about Vivec in the Knights of the Nine plugin.
aw, that's terrible... mystery let's us be creative with him... known fact limits our possibilities... :|

RE: Vivec and Nerevarine - Quintinius_Verginix - 11-09-2006

How can Vivec and the Nerevarine be in this? According to Oblivion they have both gone missing, The Nerevarine went to Akavir and never returned and Vivec was taken by Deadra.

RE: Vivec and Nerevarine - Arbiter - 11-09-2006

Quote:Originally posted by Quintinius_Verginix
How can Vivec and the Nerevarine be in this? According to Oblivion they have both gone missing, The Nerevarine went to Akavir and never returned and Vivec was taken by Deadra.

Maybe reading little more on the forum would help you answer that question?

RE: Vivec and Nerevarine - KuKulzA - 11-09-2006

Quote:Originally posted by Arbiter
Quote:Originally posted by Quintinius_Verginix

Maybe reading little more on the forum would help you answer that question?
there is no final decision, but reasons for why they might be are on the forums

- Sericho - 11-10-2006

I also strongly think that the Nerevarine should be excluded, i don't think I would particularly like my own character that i played in Morrowind being portrayed by someone else, and i think many others would feel the same way. Perhaps this is why Beth shrouds previous games' characters in mystery. However, i do think that Vivec should be included somehow. This is just my opinion, and i know several other people already disagree with it, but i think that there are several ways this could be approached that stay true to lore. One idea is that you would have to rescue him from the Daedra. It would even be cool to find him dead somewhere, and have a quest centered around that. I just don't think that the great "living god" that played such a large role in morrowind's alien culture should dissapear when there are no good reasons for it.