Silgrad Tower from the Ashes
SHRAC0801 "Astermeier Cave" [Claimed] - Printable Version

+- Silgrad Tower from the Ashes (https://www.silgradmodding.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Modding for Silgrad Tower TES IV (on hold) (https://www.silgradmodding.net/forum/Forum-Modding-for-Silgrad-Tower-TES-IV-on-hold)
+--- Forum: Dungeon Claims (https://www.silgradmodding.net/forum/Forum-Dungeon-Claims)
+---- Forum: Steadhelm Region Dungeon claims (https://www.silgradmodding.net/forum/Forum-Steadhelm-Region-Dungeon-claims)
+---- Thread: SHRAC0801 "Astermeier Cave" [Claimed] (/Thread-SHRAC0801-Astermeier-Cave-Claimed)

Pages: 1 2

SHRAC0801 "Astermeier Cave" [Claimed] - Ibsen's Ghost - 08-24-2008

Astermeier Cave

Tileset: Moldcave
Number of levels: 1 or 2
Cells: SRAstermeierCaveInterior00, SRAstermeierCaveInterior01 etc.
Number of enemies: 5-7 (for one level) & 10-12 (for two levels)
Preferred enemy type: Undead
Exterior cell coordinates: (56, 2)

You'll need the 3.19 version of the ESM or higher to mod this location. Download the latest version here.

[Image: AstermeierCave.jpg]

[TITLE]Ibsen's Ghost's Description & Extra Details[/TITLE]

Situated at the top of two waterfalls in the far South-Eastern region of Steadhelm, Astermeier Cave bears all the hallmarks of mysticism (with mist-enshrouded waters, moonbeam and moths) but also a great deal of the decay found in the Steadhelm swamps with overhanging wisps of the snow gum tree and logs and trees bearing fungi.

This is an open claim and is open to interpretation so any quest modders wishing to use it are free to do so. However, this is one possible location for enacting some part of my ‘recruitable companion’ side-mission featuring Anaster Marrowmir. Anaster will be a fully voiced companion – a Redguard ‘voodoo-practicing’ necromancer originating from Stros M’Kai (as befits the earlier Elder Scrolls game). He has a Caribbean accent and will comment on events in the game itself and should (hopefully) be completely skinned and possess his own character traits, equipment, weapons, spells and skills. He will be designed to fit alongside one (or more) of the major quest-lines, especially any of those concerning necromancy, alchemy, pirating and new magic (NB: he may appear in ‘Black Marsh’ with a more detailed ‘voodoo’ storyline).

[TITLE]How should I go about modding the layout?[/TITLE]

First, you’ll want to find Razorwing’s moldcave tileset under Static->ST->Dungeons->Moldcave. Please do not use Oblivion’s generic cave set - we want our entire landmass, dungeons included, to look less like Cyrodiil and more like Morrowind.

Now that you’ve found the tileset, drag the StRwMoldcaveSmTunnelExitNatural piece into the Render window and move it to coordinates 2048, 2048, 4800. That is going to be the dungeon’s starting point. Have two ramp pieces (under Static->ST->Dungeons->Moldcave->SmallTunnel) leading down from the entrance before modding the main part of your dungeon. Feel free to separate these ramp pieces with a few ordinary small tunnel pieces.

Now that you’re a bit farther underground, you can mod the dungeon layout to your liking. If you want to have a water level in your dungeon, you may change the cell’s settings. If you aren’t sure about how to use the moldcave tileset or where to find certain pieces, feel free to post your questions here in this thread.

In order to make the cave look interesting, you should place several static rock objects (Static->ST->Dungeons->Moldcave->Rocks). I personally, as a player, would like a cave better if it had at least three of these objects per tileset piece placed, but you can probably get away with one per tileset piece placed*. The main idea is to make sure there are enough objects to hold the player's interest. You can also use vines (Static->ST->Flora->Ambient->BitterCoast), cobwebs (Static->ST->Dungeons->Misc), and flora-type mushrooms (Violet Copringus, Luminous Russula, Mooncap, or Drogo Mushroom all found under Flora->ST->Flora->Shroom) in your cave.

The SoluthisLoc001 cells show how a good moldcave dungeon should look, so feel free to look at those if you need some ideas about how your dungeon should look.

*These numbers were rough estimates and may be subject to change later on.

[TITLE]What would I find, in terms of loot, inside a cave?[/TITLE]

It depends on what the cave is being used for. If smugglers are using it as a base of operations, you can expect illegal items (skooma and moon sugar, for instance), as well as some gems, armor, weapons, gold, and other loot. If renegade mages have taken over the cave, you’d find ingredients, books, potions, and other mage-related items. If the cave has only creatures, you can add dead adventurers, natural flora, gem rocks, and other fun stuff. Think creatively.

The preferred type of enemy for this cave is listed at the top of this thread. You might be able to do something else though if you want - just check with me or sandor first and we'll tell you if your idea is appropriate.

[TITLE]How should I light the cave?[/TITLE]

Again, it depends on what lives inside the cave. If there are NPCs, you might want to use the StLightComTorch01 set of lights because it supports the idea that someone is living there. If you have only creatures, you might want to place some glowing crystals (Activator->ST->Dungeons->Misc) or some Luminous Russula mushrooms (Flora->ST->Flora->Shroom->BitterCoast) and manually place lightbulb lights. You should also have a few ambient lightbulb lights placed where they are needed. TID started a set of ambient lights which you can use; they are ID’d StIdMoldCaveAmb####. Try to have all lights guide the player through the dungeon. Try not to have more than 22 lights in a single dungeon cell.

[TITLE]What enemies should I use?[/TITLE]

As I said above, the loot you’d find would depend largely on which enemies you decided to use. The preferred enemy type for the dungeon is listed at the top of the thread, but it isn't final. If you want to change it to something else, let me know what that is and I'll tell you if it's okay.

The most common enemy types for caves in TES3 were outlaws (smugglers, bandits, rogue mages...) and creatures (nix-hounds, rats, mudcrabs...).

[TITLE]Anything else?[/TITLE]

Add a pathgrid to the cave. Playtest the entire dungeon and make any necessary corrections before submitting it for review.

To clarify the above, the first interior cell for this claim will be named SteadhelmRegionAreaClaim0801lvl1, the next level SteadhelmRegionAreaClaim0801lvl2 and so on, depending on how many cells it encompasses.

NB: - Thanks to Sandor and TID for allowing me to use their claims descriptions as a default.

- earendil - 07-02-2010

Hi,

I was wondering if I could claim this.

I would like to use this as the lair of the continuation of my Kanath Ancestral Tomb quest. The necromancer Dalvas Uvirith, an old colleague of Arvil Kanath, resides here. This is where Ennbjof has fled to with the sword, but the quest will continue in a completely different vein.

I have been working on the interior and the complicated script parts in an interior I've generically named.

- sandor - 07-02-2010

Have fun! Smile

- earendil - 07-05-2010

Here is my first draft. There are things that still need to be completed, but I need input to finish.

The quest starts directly after the Kanath Ancestral Tomb Quest in Soluthis. Arvil Kanath tell you to ask around the temple for rumors of the whereabouts of Ennbjof.

I don't really know how the rumor system is set up and would like to know how to include this since this is the #20 quest stage in this quest.

Afterward as well, there is a character you need an item from who is attached to another mini quest I haven't made yet. The character is where he is supposed to be, so the quest can continue, but there is no information on his whereabouts to the player and his mini quest hasn't even been started on yet.

I have a chest in the cave which contains the relevant items needed for finishing the quest so that it can be tested. It's next to the strange looking Daedric mini spire.

I also don't have a very satisfying reward at the end. You either get attacked by a Daedra (that's Clavicus Vile for you) or you get to see Floki the Arrogant (Nord) resurrected as a Dunmer.

Please, if you have suggestions for the ending or any parts of this, I'd love to hear them to make this quest even more gratifying. Big Grin

- Zurke - 07-05-2010

Hi earendil Smile

I would be happy to check your claim. I'll get back with you later.

Sandor or TID may be able to help with your rumor system question.

Have a great day
Charles

- sandor - 07-05-2010

Thanks for the update. Smile

Quote:Originally posted by earendil

I don't really know how the rumor system is set up and would like to know how to include this since this is the #20 quest stage in this quest.
Just add the INFOGENERAL topic to your quest and create the rumor lines.
Make sure you set the quest priority to >=90.

Quote:Originally posted by Zurke
I would be happy to check your claim. I'll get back with you later.
Thanks. Smile

- Zurke - 07-05-2010

earendil, I walked through the esp.

The interior in general was fine. I did find an area that had an open center tile filled with boulders. I fell into a crevice between the tile and boulders and could not get out (without 'tcl'). I will attach a pic.

The creature enemies were fairly easy to kill (one strike). Maybe use leveled ones? Dalvas Uvirith I also killed with one strike.

I found the items in the chest. I took the 'curious ring' and all the crystals. I went to the box, opened it and chose the first item in the menu. I was knocked unconscious and the box was then 'sealed permanently'. Was not sure what should happen next.

The claim appears to be coming along great. I want to reiterate the ease of the player fending off enemies. I think I would enjoy the quest when it is complete.

As a side note I cow'd to 52, 2 and found what I believe to be the exterior door. That could be hooked up also.

Nice so far
Charles

- earendil - 07-12-2010

Here is my first revision.

In order to test the quest, you have to follow the following steps, since it relies on things that either don't exist yet (the other claim I'm working on to finish this) or locations that I don't know if they have exterior links yet (such as Astermeier cave and Silgrad City locales):

1. In CONSOLE, type 'coc SoluthisLoc009lvl2' enter
then type 'setstage STEDKanathAncestralTombQuest 80' and talk to Arvil Kanath (or you can just go through the Kanath Ancestral Tomb quest since this brings you to this point)

2. After he is done talking and the Kanath Ancestral Tomb Continuation quest starts, in CONSOLE type 'setstage STEDKanathQuestPart2 20' to get the rumors from the Temple (I still have to add this, but I figured I'd finish out the other quest attached to this before finishing.)

3. Next, type 'coc SRAstermeierCaveInterior00[B]' to get to Astermeier Cave. You will be dropped in the middle of the cave, so you will have to travel to the entrance so as not to miss Ennbjof, TCL works nice here (This is where I don't have an outside reference door to link to)

4. After dealing with Dalvas Uvirith, you will notice a chest off to the side. This is a cheat chest I made to quickly test the scripting on several items here, you will need something from this soon.

The next location is [B]Soluthis1408
if you want to get there in a hurry. Otherwise it is linked to an outside door in Soluthis so you can find it there.

5. After getting in the box and finding out who to find next, to get to Arvmi Salor, type 'coc SilgradCity0333' (I don't know if the exterior world for Silgrad City is done yet, but the door doesn't link to anything yet anyway)

6. The next person is Cassius Truptor and he is the person I am making the other claim for right now, so he does not have a place yet. This is where you get his soul gem from the chest in Astermeier Cave.

7. Travel to SoluthisLoc009lvl2 and talk to Arvil Kanath.

8. When you return to Astermeier Cave, complete the ritual and take the gem to Clavicus Vile (you'll find a passage to him in the water of the central chamber. Depending on what you have on you, you may have to go back to SoluthisLoc009lvl2.

This should get you through the quest as it should go. Once outside doors are linked and the other claim finished, it should be complete.

I hope you enjoy Smile

- Zurke - 07-12-2010

I will check it for you again earendil. Thanks for the walk through.

Have a great day
Charles

- Zurke - 07-12-2010

It is coming along nicely earendil Smile

Have a great day
Charles