Silgrad Tower from the Ashes
Lore - Printable Version

+- Silgrad Tower from the Ashes (https://www.silgradmodding.net/forum)
+-- Forum: The City for TESV Skyrim (https://www.silgradmodding.net/forum/Forum-The-City-for-TESV-Skyrim)
+--- Forum: Development and Lore boards (https://www.silgradmodding.net/forum/Forum-Development-and-Lore-boards)
+---- Forum: Lore (https://www.silgradmodding.net/forum/Forum-Lore)
+---- Thread: Lore (/Thread-Lore)

Pages: 1 2 3

Lore - sandor - 11-14-2011

Please post your Lore ideas/remarks in this thread.

- jucklesjenk - 11-14-2011

Well, a few things we know now from Skyrim that may affect our mod:

- The Argonians conquered all of Morrowind, so I suspect that they will have a strong presence in the ST area.

- The provinces of Summerset Isles (renamed Alinor) and Valenwood became the Aldmeri Dominion and went to war with the Empire. Perhaps, due to their power and influence, they have some kind of outpost in our area, attempting to spread their influence across Tamriel, although this would obviously lead to conflict with Argonia.

- The Empire has pretty much no influence remaining in Morrowind, although there may still be one or two small settlements remaining.

- AnImpatientFan - 11-14-2011

Perhaps we could have towns controlled by Argonian lords with the masses being Dunmer.
The court could be an Argonian style building while the masses could live in traditional Dunmer houses.

That could be interesting.
(Just and idea.)

I'm trying to think about how this could work with what TID proposed on the setting thread.

- Sniper4 - 11-16-2011

AnImpatientFan,'index.php?page=Thread&postID=565#post565 Wrote:I'm trying to think about how this could work with what TID proposed on the setting thread.
Yeah. If it is true that the Argonians have all of Morrowind, then I think that they'd have their troops in the city itself... including the tower.

- TheImperialDragon - 11-16-2011

It wouldn't be a bad thing having Argonians wandering the tower - if anything, it seems like it might make for a few interesting encounters/fights. The Argonians in this region don't necessarily need to be civil. They could have been driven insane by the Deepen Moor, or they just don't like outsiders.

Then again, maybe some cruel Argonian masters could have enslaved the few Dunmer who remain? Almost as vengeance for all of the Argonians who were enslaved hundreds of years ago.

There are several different ideas that are doable.

- Sniper4 - 11-16-2011

TheImperialDragon,'index.php?page=Thread&postID=584#post584 Wrote:Then again, maybe some cruel Argonian masters could have enslaved the few Dunmer who remain? Almost as vengeance for all of the Argonians who were enslaved hundreds of years ago.
I like this option, myself. I can just imagine the much- hated Argonian cultural influences in the Dunmer city Smile. I can see a despotic ruler in place within the Tower herself, Black Marsh banners hanging around the city, Argonian dwellings in the Upper Chambers, etc.

- jucklesjenk - 11-16-2011

I like this - maybe pockets of resistance being brutally put down by imposing martial law?

A very dystopian idea. I like it. Smile

There could perhaps be some kind of idealistic uprising (possibly led by a prophet heralding the Tribunal return or something like that - something that represents a retrun to dunmer ways) that seeks to overthrow this bleak, depressing and cruel regime. It could be linked with my ideas here.

- AnImpatientFan - 01-26-2012

I think we have slight lore problem.

In Infernal City/Lord of Souls/Skyrim it says that the Argonians have no interest to colonize or rule Morrowind after the invasion which obviously is not compatible with our mods lore.
Apparently the reason is, is that there are no hist in Morrowind and Argonians don't have interest in colonizing "non-hist" areas.

However what I was thinking was: What if our Argonians were a slave holding group that decided to break off from the main Argonian Hist leadership. Sort of like how Bactria broke off from the Seleucid Empire to work with the Indians about 80 years after Alexander conquered Persia and India.

That way we can get around this issue but still have the Silgrad region ruled by a special group of colonizing Argonians.

- Sniper4 - 01-26-2012

According to The Infernal City...

http://www.imperial-library.info/content/infernal-city-lore-notes

Quote:The Argonians control Morrowind, and associate some sort of ritual with the crater of Vivec, now called the Scathing Bay. p.259

So they still control it, apparently. Just to what degree?

Also, from Lord of Souls...

Quote:The An-Xileel “stopped their advance [in Morrowind] decades ago, and haven’t showed the slightest interest in doing anything since then.” They have, however, prevented the Empire from reclaiming that territory.

In order to keep the empire out, they have to have forces stationed in the province.

Perhaps:
-The garrison in Silgrad Tower is one meant to keep Imperial forces out of the province.
-To maintain the garrison, feed their soldiers, and mine materials, they have enslaved the local Dunmer.

How does that sound? Smile

edit: In other words, they'd still be a part of the main Hist Argonians, but they simply have a rather brutal way of maintaining their army Tongue.

edit 2: I'm imagining a fairly decentralized Argonian leadership in Morrowind. Perhaps they don't even govern most of the cities, but demand tribute from time to time to maintain their garrisons?

- AnImpatientFan - 01-26-2012

Much better than my idea. I think that sounds good. Smile