Silgrad Tower from the Ashes
Scc0436 [Finished] - Printable Version

+- Silgrad Tower from the Ashes (https://www.silgradmodding.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Archived (closed boards) Silgrad TES IV & TES III & General discussions (https://www.silgradmodding.net/forum/Forum-Archived-closed-boards-Silgrad-TES-IV-TES-III-General-discussions)
+--- Forum: Archived Silgrad Tower Claims TESIV (https://www.silgradmodding.net/forum/Forum-Archived-Silgrad-Tower-Claims-TESIV)
+---- Forum: Archived Silgrad City Claims (https://www.silgradmodding.net/forum/Forum-Archived-Silgrad-City-Claims)
+---- Thread: Scc0436 [Finished] (/Thread-Scc0436-Finished)

Pages: 1 2

Scc0436 [Finished] - sandor - 03-19-2009

[Image: S0436.jpg]

[blockquote]
District: Eastside.
Cell name: SilgradCity0436.
Claim Difficulty: Easy.
NPC's: 3.
Race: Dunmer, Hlaalu.
Class: Middle.
General info: Check -=this link=-.[/blockquote]

You'll find the exterior and interior building (screenshot) in the cell SilgradCity0436. Use the Silgrad_Tower.esm v3.25 or a higher version. If not available on the Source board please contact me via PM.

The NPC('s) must have (full) dialogue and AI, don't forget the pathgrid.
Full AI: Eat, sleep, one drink and/or read package.

I'll set the rotation for the Northmarker and connect the interior to the exterior.

Add a few windows to the interior and to the exterior building as well (matching with the interior).

Do not use too many poor objects, use rich objects and redware objects.

For reasons of playtesting it's often handy to add a X marker (heading).
When you use the console (~), type coc "XX", replace the "XX" with your cell name.

Background.

The central morgue (middle-rich classes) of Silgrad city, I'll post the claims for the workers asap. One of the NPC's is a healer by profession.

Use the existing cell (SilgradCity0436) and don't delete the exterior building.

- Sniper4 - 03-27-2011

I have decided to claim this one, in part due to some of the unique challenges it presents. Bethesda has never made anything like this before (a fully staffed morgue), so it's going to require me to grasp at the very depths of whatever creativity I can muster Tongue.

My current plan is to use the top floor as living/office space for the healer, and the bottom floor will serve as the morgue. I have quite a few questions about how this is all going to work, however:

1. First off, is this merely where the bodies are stored? I'd imagine that the crematorium would be elsewhere, but I'm not sure.

2. Should I have actual dead NPCs here? If so, what I'll do is use the same approach as was used in the Dark Brotherhood quest where you had to wake up the "dead" man from the Chorrall chapel under croft.

The drawback to this approach, however, is that in that quest, they used the "bed" called "Dark05BedRef" in the editor, and I'm not sure how this particular model would look in a Dunmer interior. It looks a bit more grey and stone-like than what I've seen the Dunmer use. Should I just go with using this model (though giving mine a different editor ID, of course)? I'm not sure how much luck I'd have pestering someone to retexture it for me to make it look more Dunmer-like.

Other than using this "bed" approach, I'm not sure how dead bodies could be displayed.

3. If you want corpses on display here, should they be displayed in a practical fashion (as many stone slabs in the room as I can get, without causing movement problems), or should I make it more decorative, so people can view the body in a pleasant setting (only 2-3 slabs in the morgue area)?

In other words, do you want this to be more like a traditional morgue, or a place where people can visit the body before it's taken to be cremated?

4. It says there are to be 3 NPCs here. Obviously, they will not all live here, so the other two will probably need a home reserved elsewhere in the city. Otherwise, I could make one of them the healer's son, and he could live on the 2nd floor with the healer.

It says in the claim description "I'll post the claims for the workers asap." Do we know which interiors these are? If so, I can set the already placed NPCs to "come to work" in their AI settings, if another modder has already added them to an interior claim.

If not, once I am done with this interior, I will need to either make a note somewhere that one or more morgue workers need a house, or claim the house(s) myself to make sure that this place doesn't end up completely unmanned Tongue.

On a completely unrelated note:
-Silgrad City University is completely empty, yet isn't viewable in the list of claims. I'm guessing it has been made intentionally unavailable due to its complexity (it's basically 5 different interiors) and importance, but I just wanted to point this out, in case of an oversight.

-The interior for Claim SCC0501 (Editor ID: SilgradCity0501) has no cell name. It should probably be called "Tilnas Andrethi's Shack."

- Zurke - 03-27-2011

Hi Sniper4 Smile

1. You could store bodies here if you so chose.
2. Sounds fine.
3. Your choice
4. Please use open claims.

I was hoping we would have had better models or more specific models for the central morgue but it doesn't appear that we will find any. It may take some imagination.

Interior claims need to be made for the University and it's housing. These interiors are already within the CS.

Have a great day
Charles

- Sniper4 - 04-03-2011

Update:

I've finished the first floor of the morgue (except for lighting and adding the bodies), which I've split into two areas:
-A closed off section where the bodies are stored, their possessions are sorted before sending them off to the crematorium, and they are dressed based on the family's specifications
-A room where a body can be shown publicly for identification purposes or as a place for people to stop by and see the deceased before they are sent to funeral services and/or the crematorium. It's not really a place for a funeral (definitely not enough seating), though it kind of looks like one. I'll make sure the healer explains the concept to the player.

As mentioned above, the upstairs area will be where the healer lives, and a bench will be available for the morgue workers to eat or rest on, since the lower level is devoted to stinky corpses Tongue.

I still don't have any quest idea for the healer. The healer's job will probably be running the morgue, determining cause of death, and anything else that may require someone more specialized. The other two workers will tend to the possessions and clothing on the bodies, and will most likely be the ones tasked with moving the bodies around when necessary.

Since there's certainly not room for the workers to live here as well, I will probably have to claim a couple of houses for them to live in. I'll wait till I'm done with the interior modding here first, however. It would probably be better if I submit the houses with this claim, or else I'd have to wait till this claim is reviewed and merged before I can make the other two workers.

If you think it would be better if I waited till after merging to claim these houses (to avoid me hogging three claims at once), that would be fine with me too. All that matters is that these hard-working body movers have a place to call home Smile.

- Sniper4 - 04-09-2011

Well, everything is done when it comes to interior modding. What I'm working on right now is getting NPC's to behave as corpses. I can get them to sleep on the stone slabs, and by clicking the "continue if PC is near" box, making them essential, and using an unconscious script on them that I found in one of the original Bethesda quest scripts, I can keep them from stirring if attacked. I even included an "on activate" message box if the player tries to wake them through dialogue. I'm only facing a couple of problems now:

1. You know how in some quests, Bethesda made NPC's lay on their backs as if dead? Such quests include the cure for vampirism, the Dark Brotherhood quest where you have to fake that Breton's death (where you meet him in the chapel undercroft, and I think I remember the "dark minion" in Deep Scorn Hollow doing it as well. I'll enclose a screen shot below to illustrate further what I'm talking about:
[Image: corpse2.jpg]
I am unable to figure out how Bethesda did this! I've looked at object and quest scripts (for the NPCs and the stone slabs), the animation tab in the NPC's menu, AI routines, the TESCS wiki, and even Google search. Any ideas? I can't think of anywhere else to look, other than seeing if anyone on the ES forums may know. This is quite necessary, since the regular sleeping animation has them laying on their sides and breathing quite noticeably.

2. The NPCs still respond to magic to some extent. I haven't fully tested this, but hitting them with an enchanted blade causes them to stand up and assume a hand-to-hand combat stance once they lose enough health. It seems to be entirely health related, so I either need to give them uber magic resistances or uber amounts of health.

After I solve this, fully test the interior, and make the healer NPC, I'll need to handle the workers. As mentioned in the previous update, that may mean having to claims a couple of houses for those NPCs to live in.

Note that I still don't have any quest ideas. Well... I've had some ideas, but they're the kind of ideas that sound great one day, but the next day they sound crappy Tongue.

- Zurke - 04-11-2011

Hi Sniper4, It could be that the NPCs are not labeled as we may expect. Maybe there is an special character(npc) used in place of the one we see "alive". Although it would make more sense to create an object.

I have noticed certain items with different names.

Charles

- Sniper4 - 04-12-2011

I figured it out Smile.

Here's what you have to do to get NPC's to sleep as if dead:

1. Go to Gameplay -> Idle Animations

2. Expand the "SittingandSleeping" tab

3. Expand "Sleeping," then "Defaultsleepidles" tabs.

4. Add a new entry between "Vampiresleep" and "normalbed." Generally, most mods place their new animations toward the end of the lists to prevent conflicts. If we did that here, however, "normalbed" would take priority, and the NPCs would sleep as normal.

5. Choose the following options:

-ID: Something Silgrad appropriate

-File: meshes\Characters\_male\IdleAnims\dynamicIdle_vampireSleep.Kf (In your Oblivion data file. To use this in a mod, you'll have to unpack the appropriate .Kf from the Oblivion's meshes BSA)

-Click "Must return a file" and make sure checkbox is marked

-Animation Group Section: Lower Body

-Conditions:
GetfurnituremarkerID >= 1
GetfurnituremarkerID <= 2
GetIsID [Your NPC] == 1

If you have multiple NPCs, you can use "or" after the getisid line to add more getisid lines.

6. Click the "close" button.

Now, your NPCs will sleep on their backs with their hands folded neatly over their chests, as if they were laying for a funeral. Smile

Note, that I'm going to have to bleed the stone slabs into the ground a bit, due to a nasty texture glitch. At the bottom of the slabs is this "curtain" of black shadow that flickers constantly when the player is near. In the dark places where they were used in vanilla Oblivion, this was not a problem. In a brightly lit in-town interior, however, they flicker like black strobe lights Tongue.

I will now test the interior in game, and consider what houses I will claim for the workers.

Edit:

I have checked and removed all bugs that I could find from this interior. Below are some screenshots of my work:

Need to identify a body? This is the comfy room you will be taken to in order to do so.
[Image: ScreenShot2.jpg]

When a body is first brought in, the small possessions on it are carefully removed and cataloged. They are then given to the family. Rest in peace little old dunmer lady!
[Image: ScreenShot0.jpg]

Next, the clothing is removed, and the body is studied carefully to make sure that he/she did in fact die in the way described. After that, new clothing selected by the family is applied. The body will then be ready for funeral services and cremation.
[Image: ScreenShot1.jpg]

Note that this interior is now done, except for making the healer NPC and his dialogue/AI. I managed to make the corpse NPCs completely un-wakeable and unkillable, so that shouldn't be a problem. Once I finish the healer, I will look for houses to claim for my workers Smile.

- morcroft - 04-12-2011

That's really, really good stuff Sniper4.

- sandor - 04-12-2011

Really nice screenshots! Smile

- Zurke - 04-12-2011

Good Job Sniper4 Smile