Silgrad Tower from the Ashes
Fort Swampmoth - Printable Version

+- Silgrad Tower from the Ashes (https://www.silgradmodding.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Archived (closed boards) former hosted projects for Oblivion. (https://www.silgradmodding.net/forum/Forum-Archived-closed-boards-former-hosted-projects-for-Oblivion)
+--- Forum: TESIV: Black Marsh (https://www.silgradmodding.net/forum/Forum-TESIV-Black-Marsh)
+---- Forum: Lore (https://www.silgradmodding.net/forum/Forum-Lore--187)
+---- Thread: Fort Swampmoth (/Thread-Fort-Swampmoth)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Fort Swampmoth - Ibsen's Ghost - 07-03-2009

I'd really like to look into this. It may be that this Fort lies outside of our beta regions but, making an exception in this case, I think it would be nice to know something more about (or develop ideas for) this very much talked-about location.
  • Where is it? What region is it in? Is it coastal?
  • What does it look like?
  • What really goes on there?
  • What lore references are made to Fort Swampmoth and what do we already know from TESIV conversations?

- Lady Nerevar - 07-04-2009

Quote:I hear the legions have been recalled from Fort Swampmoth in Black Marsh, and many of the Argonian slaves have returned to their tribes.

that is, to my knowledge, the only reference to it. Lore says that the Argonian interior was not conquered by Tiber, so i would think that its somewhere near the border with cyrodiil.

i think that it could have been taken over by renegade bandits or argonians, a structure like this is not likely to stand abandoned.

- Ibsen's Ghost - 07-05-2009

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
...somewhere near the border with cyrodiil...not likely to stand abandoned.

Good! Then it's likely to appear in the beta regions as a major Fort Ruin dungeon. We can probably use those towers that Tlo1048 suggested. I've been meaning to check this out for absolutely ages but never got round to it: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=17337 ....although I tried contacting the modder several times, if I remember rightly.

- InsanitySorrow - 07-05-2009

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Good! Then it's likely to appear in the beta regions as a major Fort Ruin dungeon. We can probably use those towers that Tlo1048 suggested. I've been meaning to check this out for absolutely ages but never got round to it: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=17337 ....although I tried contacting the modder several times, if I remember rightly.

Sounds good, I had a look at that over on nexus and noticed its a modder's resource Big Grin, so we should be able to use it without any problems.

- Lady Nerevar - 07-05-2009

hm, what exactly do you want to use from it? the landscape looks average at best based on the screenshots and its in a different worldspace.

- Deeza - 07-06-2009

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost

Good! Then it's likely to appear in the beta regions as a major Fort Ruin dungeon.

Just a thought - if it was only abandoned recently (the rumours are all about current events) then why would it be in ruins?

Unless of course there have been several forts there a few centuries apart, built on top of each other. That could be quite a fun dungeon to make.

- Ibsen's Ghost - 07-06-2009

Yes, my theory is that Fort Ruins in the game itself were quite lore-breaking IMO. I mean, why are ALL of them in ruin? Surely some of the more intact ones could have been maintained by Imperial Factions? Or else you're just leaving perfect locations for anti-Imperial forces to gather....which is pretty unrealistic.

Using Tlo1048's towers (well, they don't belong to him, he just suggested using them, of course) will help us to show how the Argonians have been more resourceful. They have to be, considering how much of Argonia is uninhabitable for 'normal' races. Likewise, the Imperials and others are likely to have left a variety of constructions in place over the landscape and they'll have had to use whatever they can. So not only are there various 'generational' types of forts but there are also Forts left behind by other invading cultures. Personally, I think it would be cool to attribute those towers to some place like Hammerfell or Elsweyr during one of their own rare invasions....showing that it wasn't just Imperials and Dunmer who attacked the swamps. Describing them as ancient Orc towers would be cool!

A modder's resource? He must have changed that. I'll have to check this out.

- jucklesjenk - 11-29-2009

Why don't we make it so that a local tribe of Argonians have moved in and are basically a gang, so the Legion decide that it may be best to get rid of them from this strong position, and the player is recruited to help out. You have several options (I am a big fan of choices because it adds to the roleplayability):

1. Lead a group of legionaries into the fort and defeat the tribe and reoccupy it with a small garrison to prevent further problems.

2. Persuade the tribe to stop terrorising the area and befriend the legion with the fort becoming an active settlement with traders etc.

3. Help the Sotho Tren take over the fort to use as a command post for their operations (perhaps as a smuggling hub, or a slave camp)

Whaddya think?

- Ibsen's Ghost - 11-29-2009

Sounds good to me although we'll have to pore over the existing lore on Fort Swampmoth as, to my understanding, it's one of the most common subjects concerning the existing lore of the Black Marshes. It might be best located at -15,-24 as this is at a point in which the Darkmoor, Parchlands and Mangrove regions start to merge. I'll need to take a look at those cells in order to check their suitability though...

- jucklesjenk - 11-29-2009

Hmmm, yes.

As far as I know, there isn't any reference in lore to Swampmoth's location (although Deeza's probably the best person to ask), so IMO we're best off just putting it somewhere that makes sense in terms of strategic location (after all, it is a fort) and where the empire actually reached in Black Marsh.

Whilst we're on the subject, will there be any empire forts that are still occupied by soldiers? Because that's something that really annoyed me about Oblivion (like IG mentioned earlier), because if there were no occupied forts in Cyrodiil, the capital province, then how would the legion function properly?