Silgrad Tower from the Ashes
Silgrad Towers Game of The Year 2010 (Nominations) - Printable Version

+- Silgrad Tower from the Ashes (https://www.silgradmodding.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Archived (closed boards) Silgrad TES IV & TES III & General discussions (https://www.silgradmodding.net/forum/Forum-Archived-closed-boards-Silgrad-TES-IV-TES-III-General-discussions)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (https://www.silgradmodding.net/forum/Forum-General-Discussions)
+---- Forum: The Raven (https://www.silgradmodding.net/forum/Forum-The-Raven)
+----- Forum: The Auditorium (https://www.silgradmodding.net/forum/Forum-The-Auditorium)
+----- Thread: Silgrad Towers Game of The Year 2010 (Nominations) (/Thread-Silgrad-Towers-Game-of-The-Year-2010-Nominations)

Pages: 1 2

Silgrad Towers Game of The Year 2010 (Nominations) - AnImpatientFan - 11-10-2010

The avalaunche of games certainly isn't over by any mean. But that doesn't mean the nominations can't start! :]

What I will do, is tally up all the nominatins each game gets then finally create a poll with the top candidates.

You can nominate three games of choice.
Like this:

1. Halo Reach (Your First Choice is worth 3 "Points")
2. Starcraft 2 (Your Second Worth "2)
3. Mass Effect 2 (Worth 1 Point)

I will post the tally here.

Final Fantasy 13: 2pts
Starcraft 2: 2pts
Red Dead Redemption: 2pts
Fable 3: 3pts
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

- TheImperialDragon - 11-10-2010

Well, I've only had time to try a select few games. Big Grin Most of them I could only play while I was in my hometown for a few days before going back to university.

Halo Reach (the first two levels at least) seemed like a fresh departure from the original Halo games in the sense that we're dealing with new characters (and some old), and a new world within the Halo universe that has its own unique background story. The combat system that classic Halo players are familiar with is still mostly present in this game, though it feels ever so slightly different in subtle ways (like all Halo games, though I can never really quite put those subtle differences into words Tongue). It's a lot of fun though, which is really what most gamers-for-pleasure like myself look for.

Mass Effect 2 (was that this year?) was fairly good. Great story. :thumbsup: I liked some of the changes from Mass Effect 1 (more major locations, which are also more city/future-like, as well as what I thought was a deeper depth to the companion characters), but I also felt that MS1 had a bit more of an exploration feeling to it, especially with driving around for long periods of time on those generic planets (which I agree are pretty bland, but it was still enjoyable IMO so I kind of missed that). Overall was still awesome, I would recommend it to anyone who is into either RPG/shooters or both.

I played Final Fantasy Heroes of Light on my Nintendo DS. I liked the different style that the game had in general with its story and art, but I felt that the combat system was perhaps a bit too simple in some ways, and a bit restricting in others. I like being able to choose specific targets in combat so I can have greater control of strategy, which isn't quite doable in this game (only to an extent, you fight front or rear enemies Tongue). That was also one of my problems with FF XIII (yet another game), since there were only really two attack patterns (plus several support/miscellaneous roles) that you could assign over three characters.

FF XIII was a bit of a disappointment in that I didn't get to explore any open game world until about 3/4 of the way through the game, and as a result it felt more like a long, long tunnel than it did like a fantasy world. Despite its combat system (which I am not a fan of, as mentioned above) and a more or less very linear game path, was a lot of fun. The soundtrack and story did make up in part for some of the game's shortcomings.

Well, all that being said, here would be my nominations:
Mass Effect 2
Final Fantasy 13
Halo Reach (I'm sure this will get quite a few nominations)

- AnImpatientFan - 11-10-2010

I agree with what you said about FFXIII. It lacked any feeling of exploration until well after I got bored with it.

- Zurke - 11-11-2010

My portfolio of games is very limited. If I count them up I find two, TES4 and Delta Force2. So I guess my de facto favorites would be the above mentioned. While DF2 is an oldie, there is a diehard following and a loose friendship within the community. Check me out by name Smile

Have a good one
Charles

- AnImpatientFan - 11-11-2010

:eek: Hang on... Wait What? That was weird.
I pressed quote and it just duplicated Zurkes post...

- jucklesjenk - 11-12-2010

I like the idea AIF! Smile

I haven't been paying much attention to most of the games this year, but I have enough to make my three:

1. Fallout: New Vegas - I personally like the TES series more than Fallout, but even the most critical of reviewers can't complain about the job Beth made on FO3 and Obsidian's step up to make NV has made a brilliant game (FO3) look poor in comparison to NV. All round great game, but for one thing IMO - you only gain a perk every two levels in NV where you got one every level in FO3 - I thought perks were great and some of them changed the entire way you played the game, so this was a bit of a downgrade IMO, but other than that - excellent!

2. Red Dead Redemption - another brilliant game from Rockstar. The whole experience is great, the map isn't too small but not big enough to be boring, interesting and crazy characters, good storyline (although I found the ending a bit disappointing), a lot of questioning over morals and philosophy = all round - another Rockstar classic! Definitely the best Wild West game I've ever played.

3. Mass Effect 2 - great game, and just about everything from ME1 has been improved to a whole new level in this. I like the upgrades - it gives you something to actually use those credits for, however I don't really like the scanning of uncharted worlds. Whilst it is much more (let's say) "interactive" than in ME1, it gets too tedious after 1 or 2 planets. I also agree with TID - I thought the mako was fun. Sure, the worlds were a bit barren most of the time, but driving up vertical slopes and using those thrusters was pretty fun!

- AnImpatientFan - 11-16-2010

Fixed Tally. Big Grin

- AnImpatientFan - 12-10-2010

Closing Jan. 1st 2011.
Then I am creating a poll.

- jucklesjenk - 12-10-2010

It's a shame there hasn't been many responses to this. It would have been interesting to see what all the others' opinions are.

RE: Silgrad Towers Game of The Year 2010 (Nominations) - Siegfried - 12-11-2010

1)Mass Effect 2
2)Fable 3
3)Halo Reach