Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Your Opinions on TESV Here. (No Spoilers)
12-28-2011, 10:19 PM,

AnImpatientFan,'index.php?page=Thread&postID=491#post491 Wrote:Please keep the thread spoier free.
You will see that I will have no problem with that Smile
AnImpatientFan,'index.php?page=Thread&postID=491#post491 Wrote:I thought I woud create this thread so we can share our opinions TESV. (Once we get it.)
It'd be interesting just to hear some of your opinions.
Once we get it, that's the right way to put it in my case. I loved Daggerfall, despite its abundant bugs. Then it took a few years, but then came Morrowind and I really liked it. Oblivion? Still ok, even if it was dumbed down a bit and 'consolified'. Another long wait and there came Fallout, just as dumbed down as Oblivion.

And after that Bethesda lost a customer. I could (just barely) live with the growing orientation to consoles. If I had any interest in console games, I would long have bought one. Probably the games for consoles are not made with people of my age in mind, but they are simply too dumb to keep me interested.

I also think that they are really getting lazy with the content. I always took my time, but I know some people who simply march through those games and then throw them aside. It gave me something to think when some people gunned their way through Fallout in one 24 hour session without having to squeeze in some time to sleep.

The last nail in the coffin for me was Steam. For one thing, I often use my notebook and only have mobile Internet or sometimes none at all. Mandatory register/update/DRM thingies have failed me one time too often and I don't want to have anything to do with that stuff. The last DVD that failed the registration was used for target practice and the guys who produced it will never sell anything to me again.

And, as a last comment: I am a software developer. Bugs don't really upset me, at least when they are taken care of. I certainly know better than letting someone's website decide wether or not I may play a game. Never trust a computer you have not (mis)programmed yourself. In case of Steam, I refuse to trust them too sweep my floor and certainly not with any more critical information. Not the licenses of any software, not my mail address and definitely not any banking stuff, as they would prefer to have it. Perhaps I should join the hackers. Hacking is probably more exciting than the games they want to sell me Smile
12-29-2011, 01:48 PM,

Howdy

Some of you may remember a discussion several years ago with regard to the Falmer I would like to point out I was in-fact correct they do still exsist and after looking at the images of them I believe our character draft was pretty close

BTW with regard to the towns and cities ...consider most of what was known of the cities was portrayed in books written by Nords who would have boasted their own culture anyway... also Skyrim has been fighting forever, with everything, battle takes its toll...all in all they are still incredible towns and cities, people interacting, merchants selling, children playing, workers working...as would be expected.

I like it and thats hard to do...currently located at the College of Winterhold reading books and doing other stuff

******** IMPORTANT QUESTION******* and don't laugh

How do I toggle my weapons ?? I do not like having to open my menu each time to change my weapons, drink a potion or use magic

Thank you

Enjoy

Bob
12-29-2011, 04:08 PM,

dietbob196045,'index.php?page=Thread&postID=756#post756 Wrote:******** IMPORTANT QUESTION******* and don't laugh

How do I toggle my weapons ?? I do not like having to open my menu each time to change my weapons, drink a potion or use magic

Thank you
You mean you want to hotkey them? Here's the steps:

Step 1: While your mouse cursor is hovering over the weapon in the inventory menu, hit "F" on your keyboard to add it to your favorites list.
Step 2: Close the inventory menu, and hit "q" to bring up your favorites list.
Step 3: Hover your mouse cursor over that item in your favorites list and hit a number on your keyboard to assign that number as a hotkey.
12-29-2011, 10:36 PM,

I used to hotkey my weapons like you, then I took the casual market to the knee.

-Elder Scrolls series

______

In all seriousness though, what the hell happened to hotkeying?
Being a level 38 battlemage my favourites menu is completely chockers.
12-30-2011, 01:22 AM,

That part I got

But I am sure their is an easier way, I recall with Morrowind if you used _/+ keys you could equip your weapons and spells that easy

the hotkeys are fine Im just no used to havin to use it and its making my death toll higher then I like Sad I suppose after sometime I will master it but for now I will remain thumbs

Enjoy

Bob
03-08-2012, 10:09 AM,
Thoughts on game
Well I finally completed the main quest and in the process about 90% of the other quests (no recurring)

Overall.. Good game, lots of stuff to do lvl 60 I took on Alduin, easy to beat.. too easy actually, I think their should have been more

to the whole thing, otherwise it was fine

I can definitly see areas of improvement for this game

For

Money Hoarders..merchants need more coin

Collectors... Buyable Homes need more storage space for everything

For the marrying type... spouses need more dialogue options

Mastery recognition.. same as the other games, when your the boss you should be recognised for it

regardless it was still good

I have downloaded the creation kit and will be playing around with it soon, hopefully I wont screw anything up

HAS ANYONE DOWNLOADED MODS FROM STEAM and ifso have any comments on any of it, I would like to get an idea

of what has been seen

Enjoy

Bob
03-09-2012, 04:45 AM,

HEY TID

I would recommend the College of Winterhold and the Theives Guild, both have a decent main quest line and the side quests can be a bit challenging and fun

Enjoy

Bob
03-09-2012, 09:39 AM,

Thanks for the info. Smile

I agree with your suggestions.

I didn't DL anything from Steam.
Others?
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD