Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cursed book idea
12-19-2008, 04:14 PM,
Cursed book idea
I hope I'm putting this in the right place.

I have an idea for a quest around a book. It's an autobiography of a necromancer named "Valen the Heartless." He's called that because when the Temple found out about him they sent Ordinators to his lair, their leader was the brother of one of his victims, and the leader cut out his heart. But being a necromancer he took precautions that allowed him to survive. The problem comes from the fact he needs cold air to survive (Blatantly stolen H.P. Lovecraft), or else he'll decay. The first thing he does is capture the leader of the Ordinators and torture him to death and then goes off to Solstheim because of the cold.

The story mentions some cool enchanted items that could be rewards, possibly.
An Ordinator helm with Detect Life on it and a shield with 100% spell reflection. Some others could be added.

The story ends with the Temple capturing him, on Solstheim (I need to work out why the Temple would send people there) and at the end of the book is the fun part.

You realize he's now talking directly to the person reading the book. Apparently on his trip back he was beginning to 'melt' and he took another precaution. The book is sprinkled with powder made from a grand black soul gem. He sealed his soul within in it. Now that the PC has read it they get Valen's Curse. Which increases in intensity every day until it will kill the PC, unless they gather what the necromancer needs to be resurrected.

- The heart of an former Ordinator
This one could either be an NPC you are supposed to kill, or an item
(maybe the heart of the Ordinator who cut out his?) that has to be
found in a dungeon somewhere

- the soul of a Frost Monarch (or Atronach to make it simpler)

- the blood of a vampire (I'm not fond of this idea, but it was all I could think of)

Those are very open to suggestion, but the Frost one is important. In the story he, Valen, tells you certain things about what he fears. Number 1 is the helm of an Ordinator. Number 2 is fire. There are two paths, you either resurrect him fully, in which case you have to fight a VERY powerful lich with a 100% magic reflection shield. Or, you trick him by replacing the Frost Salts with Fire Salts. When he is resurrected he has a 100% weakness to fire and if you get an Ordinator helm (I don't know if anyone has a mesh or not, but I would assume so) maybe he drops the Reflect shield? As I said everything is open to debate.

Also, the book will give you hints (not in the story, it actually writes
messages to you when you read it again.)

I'm not very proficient with the construction set. If anyone likes this idea
or can think of how to use it for a quest feel free. I can write the book,
and do some dialogue, I'm a voice actor. I'm dying to work my maniacal
laugh into a character. But I don't know scripting or anything complex.

Please tell me what you think and share any ideas you might have!

Messages In This Thread
Cursed book idea - by zprospero - 12-19-2008, 04:14 PM
[No subject] - by TheImperialDragon - 12-19-2008, 05:44 PM
[No subject] - by Ibsen's Ghost - 12-19-2008, 09:59 PM
[No subject] - by zprospero - 12-19-2008, 10:37 PM
[No subject] - by zprospero - 12-22-2008, 07:30 AM
[No subject] - by bob196045 - 12-22-2008, 12:57 PM
[No subject] - by zprospero - 12-22-2008, 07:40 PM