Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new velothi-ish tileset
07-23-2011, 05:17 AM,
A new velothi-ish tileset
Hey all,

I'm working on a new interior tileset. It's intended to be velothi tomb architecture, but I've effectively abandoned the look used in Morrowind in favor of a more original, concept-art inspired look. So far I've only done some minor stuff in Blender, but just for the heck of it I whipped up a floor texture in ZBrush, and there are some issues with it, but it's a start. Here's a screen of my floor, with an ayleid floor for comparison:
[Image: FloorScreen.jpg]
You can't tell from this pic, but I think the normals might be messed up a tad.

Here's a rough base mesh for a hallway piece. I'm going for a more tall arch-ey look, with a "spine" at the top to give it some flavor.
[Image: HallScreen.jpg]
There are holes in the archway, meant to hang charms/talismans/etc from.

I think, aside from the fact that it doesn't look like vanilla morrowind's, it would make a great velothi tomb tileset. And, one must remember, most of why morrowind looked like it did is technical limitations. Inspiration-wise, I'm going more from the concept art (such as This lovely image) than what was actually in TES3.

If you guys think you can use this tileset somewhere, as a replacement for/addition to your current velothi set, or even something completely different, let me know and I'll start working faster on it Tongue

Messages In This Thread
A new velothi-ish tileset - by Candlemaster - 07-23-2011, 05:17 AM
RE: A new velothi-ish tileset - by sandor - 07-23-2011, 01:27 PM
[No subject] - by Candlemaster - 07-23-2011, 05:17 PM
[No subject] - by Koniption - 07-23-2011, 07:57 PM
[No subject] - by Candlemaster - 07-23-2011, 08:41 PM
[No subject] - by sandor - 07-24-2011, 09:33 AM
[No subject] - by Ghogiel - 08-21-2011, 02:49 PM