Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gen. Morrowind Lore: Districts of Morrowind
03-08-2006, 09:59 AM,
Gen. Morrowind Lore: Districts of Morrowind
Morrowind is divided into six Districts. Five of them are ruled by Dukes, leaving the Indoril district which is ruled directly by King Helseth. The King, the Dukes, and other nobility in Morrowind are part of the Imperial feudal system and so are a foreign institution; before the Empire invaded, there were no such class. There was just the God-kings of the Tribunal and the hierarchy of the Tribunal Temple.

Each district has a capital, which are centers of the Great House's leadership as well as the Imperial government branch.

Districts, location in Morrowind, capital:
Vvadenfell (Center North) Ebonheart/Vivec
Redoran (Northwest) Kragenmoor
Hlaalu (Southwest) Narsis
Indoril (East) Mournhold
Dres (South) Tear
Telvanni (Northeast) Port Telvannis

Vvardenfell, of course, is the only District that isn't controlled by any one Great House. Rather, it's a mottled patchwork of Hlaalu, Redoran and Telvanni regions. The Imperial government, led by Duke Dren, is located in the town of Ebonheart. The capital is situated on a peninsula overlooking the enormous Dunmer metropolis Vivec (ruled by the former God-king of the same name).

According to official lore, House Redoran's capital is probably meant to be Blacklight, although there is some debate over this. Our viewpoint is that Kragenmoor is their capital.

Written by Razorwing with input from KuKulzA.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
10-19-2006, 09:29 PM,

Right, just one question; Isn't Soluthis the capital of the Redoran District? Or did I misread somewhere?
11-07-2006, 11:16 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
Right, just one question; Isn't Soluthis the capital of the Redoran District? Or did I misread somewhere?

It probably should be, because I would seriously advise against making a city huger than that, ever Big Grin
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]