Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concept Artists- Apply here
03-13-2010, 09:49 AM,

Okay DW. No problem.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
07-17-2010, 10:40 AM,

What exactly do concept artists do?

Would I apply here if I were interested in making new rugs/tapestries/flat art?

DevArt link in signature <3
-Lee, wif [color="#8B0000"]<3[/color] :: [url="http://apollyna.deviantart.com"]Apollyna.DeviantArt.Com[/url]
07-17-2010, 11:57 AM,

Tbh, we don't have much of a requirement for new textures of that sort since we already have a selection of original rugs, paintings and tapestries etc. If you were to create something very Black Marsh / Argonian-related though then we'd certainly consider adding it.

To answer your question more directly, concept artists are those who come up with concept designs for new creatures, architecture and objects. We have used them in the past to discuss how some objects in the mod should look before our modelling team gets to work on them. This happened a lot with Senten earlier on but now tends to be a case of myself and Koniption sharing ideas elsewhere on the forums. As we now have a large selection of models, there is less need for concept art and more of a focus on "what do we need now for this bit?"

So what we will eventually need in terms of concept art in the future are ideas for areas that go beyond our beta regions. This might mean concept work for cities and settlements in the Talu Swamp, Murkwood, Vudai Marsh and Arnesian Jungle regions...although we do already have many of the architecture models for some of those.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
07-17-2010, 04:02 PM,

That was very helpful, thanks. :2
-Lee, wif [color="#8B0000"]<3[/color] :: [url="http://apollyna.deviantart.com"]Apollyna.DeviantArt.Com[/url]