Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRE 6.0 - Bug reports for Reich Parkeep Alpha
04-29-2006, 08:53 PM,

Kindly report any bugs (or suggestions for specific improvements) you find in the alpha releases of Reich Parkeep in this thread, and I promise I will do my best to fix them when I can. If I don't respond right away it's not because I'm ignoring you or don't care or anything like that - I'm still playing the game, and do other stuff in my free time as well. And for better or worse it's rather convenient for me personally if bugs pile up for a couple of days until I 'pull a shift' in the Construction Set; when I do, I aim to fix all of the ones that gets reported.

Having said that, our fair town is still very much in Alpha stage, with lots of empty exteriors not to mention 2/3 of the town exterior still waiting to be built (in Redoran style, using models by Caligula Superfly and Zarf). So, finding any type of bug wouldn't be very hard right now, but bugs that can't be contributed to something that will be added in the future should definitely be reported.

- The 'loveletter' quest is a WIP, but I should soon have it working and replace the placeholder dialogue.
- If you can think of a solution to the bug you report that would be extra appreciated.
- AI bugs are probably plentiful. I haven't really gotten the hang of all the facets of it yet, so, suggestions are most welcome.
- Screenshots are often a big help, but rather than taking a screenie of the bug itself, please bring up the in-game local map and snap a picture of that, together with a description of the bug. That will let me find where you were in the blink of an eye. TIA.
- And of course, always be sure you have the latest alpha release when reporting a bug, else it might already have been fixed. :elk:

Thanks for taking the time to report the bugs. =)
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
05-02-2006, 11:57 AM,

Yo.
I havent had time to look at this deeply as it happened last night just before i went to bed.

Anyhow I just downloaded Alpha4 and installed it I then copied the ALpha 4.2 .esm file to my data folder.

I booted into the game and went to my save file. Once in the World I fast traveled to Cheydenhal.

Once I got there almost everything was missing. All there is:

Doors to houses - All in their correct locations. Not attached to any houses. Just floating. They take you to the interior cell

Grass - Just grass not plants or trees. Just the grass that appears as you move.

Walls - As you got near to the city walls they would dissapear. As you got further away they would reappear. E.g I can see the castle from the other side of town but not once I get half way across the city. I can also walk through every thing. So it not like the houses or walls are invisible they are just gone.

Water - is just gone. NPCs follow the paths that would take them across the bridges that are no longer there and just walk throught the ditch that would be the river. They dont try and swin as if the water was invisble the just walk through it.

NPCs- All there following their paths.

I stopped using the .ESM went back to cheydenhal and everything was fine. I tried with the .esm twice. I was not using any other plugins. I also tried not fast taveling and used the city gates but that didn't change anything.
05-02-2006, 07:37 PM,

I just jumped off the map and could cheydenhal above with all the houses. STRANGE.

Also your freestanding door is there to take you to RP. It just doesn't go anywhere.

EDIT: Also tried not using my save file. Didn't make a difference. Every other city is fine.

Everything looks fine in the CS though.
05-02-2006, 09:52 PM,

Thanks for the report. I have heard of others experiencing this same strange thing too, and the only thing I can think of that could possibly be causing it is because the latest alpha is an .esm instead of an .esp. Not sure why, but for some reason it must be conflicting with the main game. I haven't tested that theory yet, which is why I haven't responded before, but it's the only significant change between alpha 4 and alpha 4.2. Rest assured friend, I'll find the cause of it, and a solution to it. Smile

Edit: I did a testrun with the alpha .esp I'm working on and I didn't notice anything strange at all in Cheydinhal, so it must be because the last version was an .esm. I'll be sure to keep the next public version an .esp, but perhaps the modders on our team would prefer having an .esm internally so it's easier to test out their additions?

Quote:Also your freestanding door is there to take you to RP. It just doesn't go anywhere.

It's a bit bugged. Half the time it works (when the cursor points at it), the other half it doesn't. Personally I wave my view back and forth, alternating between pointing at it and looking away, and eventually I see the teleportation. This is indeed a mysterious game, and finding out all its secrets is likely to take awhile. Smile
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
05-03-2006, 08:09 AM,

Heh ok. Isn't it being an esm the only reason people can conncet to the exterior of Reich Parkeep?
05-15-2006, 06:02 PM,

I was wandering in RPC10 and the NPC (Seli) didn't show his topic "Reich Parkeep".
My first impression of the CS was ok. I started the game again. Still no topic "Reich Parkeep". Then I checked the add topic listing in the greeting (all three) topic for Seli. In the Add topic listing is listed: StRwReichparkeepDuplicate000'01007AB1 (cursor on top of the topic) etc.

I assume that's why (duplicate) the RP topic isn't displayed correctly for Seli.
The other dialogue works very well.

EDIT

I used the RP alfa 4.6 file.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-15-2006, 10:23 PM,

sandor: Thanks for reporting that and for supplying so much information, which made it extremely easy for me to locate the problem! :goodjob:

What a peculiar problem though. Since the "Add Topics" box cut off the ID of the topics added after a certain amount of characters, there wasn't any noticeable change after I fixed the problem. (I deleted the Add Topic on all three greetings, then re-added the correct one on the three)

Perhaps, for the next Alpha, I should just change the ID of the general Reich Parkeep topic to something more succinct? So that the box shows if it's the correct topic or a duplicate caused by the merging. Hmm, then again I don't think we'll run into more of these problems once the esp's that were dependant on the esm has been merged. But... on the other hand it's not inconcievable that a future modder would still choose to name his topic ID exactly like the general RP topic because that imagined modder might very well think that doing so would *aid* the merging process... so, I'll go ahead and contract it. Thanks again! =)
Angel mired in filth
05-15-2006, 10:33 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
I should just change the ID of the general Reich Parkeep topic to something more succinct?...............so, I'll go ahead and contract it.

I agree, it's much easier to locate (the duplicates).

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-21-2006, 01:27 PM,

I wandered through the latest version of Reich Parkeep.

The Dialogue for RPC 04, 19 and 13, is all in place. Only the Reich Parkeep topics aren't displayed "in game". I checked the CS.

The "StRwRP" topic has to be added to all the greetings (9), of the NPC's, inside the three interiors (screenshot).

The dialogue for Adding (rpc04) is in place. Can you drop Adding (customer) inside rpc04 ?

I had a great view from the tower (screenshot) Big Grin.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-21-2006, 06:46 PM,

sandor: Strange. In a TES3 mod you only had to use AddTopic once and then all NPCs everywhere could talk about that topic, if they had lines for it. I just assumed it'd be enough if it was given to enough NPCs it'd work amicably, but I was probably wrong. Hmm... there's *got* to be an easier and permanent way of solving this. I'll investigate if a quest script for the quest shell could fix it so the RP topic is always accessible to our NPCs.

Quote:Originally posted by sandor
Can you drop Adding (customer) inside rpc04 ?

:check:
Angel mired in filth