Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRE 6.0 - Bug reports for Reich Parkeep Alpha
06-12-2006, 02:45 PM,

more reporting of the errors, because i believe that its better to fix errors in alpha then in later stages.

south imp dist:

-the terrain is realy wierd in some places (in need of some smooth tooling)
-flowers next to chapel float
-flowers next to house left of chaperl float (the house is between chapel and Nirtunus Rulucian's house)
-the stone fence leading to the chapel doent have a proper end. you can see rigth through it.
-the land next to the chapel is compleatly flat.
-some more floating flowers between the chapel and the house left of gergio apinia's house.

*at this point the game freezes, forcing lady to take drastic measures.* mleh, random crashes. thats why i dont like playtesting stuff...

and one more thing. when arested, one ends up in castle cheydanhall.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
06-12-2006, 03:54 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
more reporting of the errors, because I believe that its better to fix errors in alpha then in later stages.

south imp dist:

-the terrain is realy wierd in some places (in need of some smooth tooling)
-flowers next to chapel float
-flowers next to house left of chaperl float (the house is between chapel and Nirtunus Rulucian's house)
-the stone fence leading to the chapel doent have a proper end. you can see rigth through it.
-the land next to the chapel is compleatly flat.
-some more floating flowers between the chapel and the house left of gergio apinia's house.

*at this point the game freezes, forcing lady to take drastic measures.* mleh, random crashes. thats why I dont like playtesting stuff...

and one more thing. when arested, one ends up in castle cheydanhall.

Thanks LN. I was aware of some of the bugs you mention, particularly the floating flowers, which were caused by changes in the models. I'll be sure to go over both the districts and align everything properly before the next release.

I was aware of the jaggedness in the landscape too but I didn't think it was very serious. I've noticed that kind of jaggedness in the main game world too... but perhaps not so much in cities now that I think of it. I'll fix that as best I can.

Didn't know about the stonewall problem near the chapel, thanks!

Not sure why your game froze up. I know there are problems with Jannix Quinn's stuff, first the carryable lantern which I tested out using for a period and now the staves & polearms. Particularly the CS crashed every time it loaded the cell in the Redoran District with the weapon shop (it took awhile before I figured out the cause of those crashes, grr... I lost an hour of work). If you played the latest Alpha then the guards in the Imperial district should be equppid with Jannix Quinn's weapons, and it's quite possible that's what caused the crash, although it hasn't happened to me personally. Just crashes due to the objects lying around in the exterior. The CS hasn't crashed yet when loading Redoran guards, whom wields another of his weapons.

If the crashes continue I'll just have to delete them. Sad
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-12-2006, 04:05 PM,

im not sure if the crash was caused by the mod. i was switching alot between windows, wich could have been the cause of that. but it dosent realy mater, my love has goten through worse times.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
06-12-2006, 09:10 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
I'm not sure if the crash was caused by the mod. I was switching a lot between windows, wich could have been the cause of that. but it dosent realy mater, my love has goten through worse times.

Kk. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that was the cause of the crash. Smile
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
07-13-2006, 12:47 AM,
First Impressions
I explored reich parkeep overral it looks pretty cool I know its still being built everything won't be perfect, it looks promising. There were a few issues I saw and wanted to voice even if it might already be known.
1. The wall bordering reich parkeep on the east side letting you walk underneath it.
2. A lot of the npcs who have dialog say their lines to fast to read.
3. In the south imperial district Nirtunus Rulucian's house I see that one of used your own voice for Nirtunus and his servant, thats great but its really qiet compared to oblivion voices.
07-13-2006, 04:16 AM,
RE: First Impressions
Quote:Originally posted by souljourner89
I explored reich parkeep overral it looks pretty cool I know its still being built everything won't be perfect, it looks promising. There were a few issues I saw and wanted to voice even if it might already be known.
1. The wall bordering reich parkeep on the east side letting you walk underneath it.
2. A lot of the npcs who have dialog say their lines to fast to read.
3. In the south imperial district Nirtunus Rulucian's house I see that one of used your own voice for Nirtunus and his servant, thats great but its really qiet compared to oblivion voices.

- Lots of the stuff around Reich Parkeep hasn't been gotten around to yet... We're focusing on getting models and stuff before getting to individual cells.

- We need voice actors... The game times it out because there is no voice file being played.

- Well, some of the voices in Oblivion were done that way too... Not much to be done about it except maybe a voice over with him speaking slightly louder...

Anyway, your opinions are quite welcome, as there is still a lot we need to do, and some things razorwing may not necessarily be aware of... So thanks! :goodjob:

And indeed, I believe that this will grow to be quite prosperous!
07-13-2006, 03:51 PM,

2. Just put in a blank sound file for the amount of time needed to read the dialog.

3. You can amplify volume with an sound editor, no need to rerecord.
07-13-2006, 05:45 PM,

Thanks souljourner89, I wasn't aware of #1.

And thankyou so much for answering questions, TheImperialDragon :goodjob:
Angel mired in filth
07-14-2006, 05:02 AM,

RW, in Plugin Utility 10.0 there is option "Generate Silent Responses"
Maybe it will help with dialogues? I can test if it's needed
07-14-2006, 06:23 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by HeIsTheDarkness
RW, in Plugin Utility 10.0 there is option "Generate Silent Responses"
Maybe it will help with dialogues? I can test if it's needed

Sure, go right ahead. Smile
Angel mired in filth