Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quest rpc18
05-07-2006, 12:18 PM,
RE: Quest rpc18
I attached a screenshot of the wife of Nirtunus.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-07-2006, 09:25 PM,
She certainly seems to be attractive, capable, very forthright, challenging and self-posessed young woman.

I would imagine that most would want to stay on the right side of her. and not the sort to fall into mishaps generally.

Would she run off without a word? I think not. She would not be afraid to speak her mind.

Lassinia Rulician would need strong reason to disappear w/out informing anyone.

She might be stranded, vampirised (take a mighty tough vampire though) kidnapped to influence her husband?

Hmmm. She does not look like a victim but there is something very sensitive or sad behind the challenge in her eyes. I suspect that she loves very deeply and openly, so it would not be a current lover because she would not marry a man she could not love and respect.

Nirtunus himself looks handsome enough, very determined and a deep thinker, so I would be very surprised to learn that there is a problem in his eyes between him and his servant. Unless he is a jealous man...or under unbearable pressure...

That might be a reason why he might want to believe in error that the servant was somehow responsible for her disappearance, so I wonder how ruthless he could be in her defense?

Would he reluctantly or otherwise sacrifice his servant and everything else to save his wife?

---------------

It could be that there was a lover or admirer in her past whom she left for Nirtunus...and who decided he could not live w/out her. This kidnapper might have been a poet or artist who ran into bad company - could he have 'gone bad' as a result of his desire for her and connected into some unsavory cult or organisation?

--------------

If he was a Nord, then perhaps he was a bard, and he might be spying:

There is a quest being considered about the Ancient Gate - maybe the admirer is part of a spy network set up to assist in this, and Nirtunus, who seems to be a well armed and armored chap is someone they want to neutralise. So this could be a side-play explaining why the Imperials of RPK have not acted re the invasion. If they trust Nirtunus, and his wife has been kidnapped to ensure his assistance in keeping the Imperials out of the conflict, which leaves the overstretched Redorans to face the invasion alone...

So what needs to be determined is Nirtunus's position in the Imperial community - how might he be key? If you want to pursue this idea, then I suggest you ask Razorwing, as it is clear that he has various irons in the fire already...
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
05-07-2006, 09:36 PM,
Thanks for your reply.

I like your ideas for a possible story line.

I'll concur with Razorwing to see what's possible.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-08-2006, 09:37 AM,
Cool with me. Hope it works out. Send the text back here for a free polishing up anytime. Big Grin
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
10-15-2008, 12:07 AM,

Not sure if this quest was ever completed or not. But I don't think this thread belongs in Literature Dev. any more, so I'm sending it over to quests. If this is done, you can do whatever you wish with this thread.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!