Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F&F: Official mounts thread
04-19-2006, 07:46 PM,

Are there going to be statistical differences between horses and Vvardenfell mounts? Like will Durzogs and Nix Hounds get uber acrobatics skill? Seems like they would jump way better than a horse.
04-19-2006, 08:00 PM,
Johny Depp is a good actor
I think they all should have their advantages and disadvantages so every person will like it's own mount

guar - slow but strong
nix hound - fast and acrobatical but weak
Durzog - uber Fast and extremely acrobatical but even weaker

I had a crazy idea, very unlikely this could happen but what about netches as a mount?
[1ST]T[/1ST]his is what a heightmap looks like, this is what it does when it catches hold of you, it's eating me alive and very soon now it will kill me.
04-19-2006, 08:47 PM,

see... I would say the nix-hound is faster than the Durzogs but the Durzog has more power...
the Durzog, if you look at it, has a sort of hunch like a hyena, and a large powerful head.... but small short back legs... good for short distance and in swampy land, but not for long distances at one time
the nix-hound has thinner powerful long legs, it is also built like most fast predators....

a nix-hound could rely on speed to overtake a wounded silt strider or a lost guar.... a durzog relies on ambush and then a crushing bite from its massive jaws to deliver a fatal blow... then tracking it down as the animal tries to get away...

Edit 2006.06.14 04:39:
I think the guar is definitely a mount...
but I am not as sure about the nix-hound... and less sure about the Durzog...

however what about an ashland ant?
http://til.gamingsource.net/gallery/mw_TAoM_p10.jpg

and by the way, is that a weird new type of architecture in the background?
06-14-2006, 05:51 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
I think the guar is definitely a mount...
but I am not as sure about the nix-hound... and less sure about the Durzog...

however what about an ashland ant?
http://til.gamingsource.net/gallery/mw_TAoM_p10.jpg

It's looks like it's a living structure :idea2:
06-14-2006, 01:20 PM,

the thing on the ground.

Its like a gaint scrib, but can be used to transport people, its strong but very slow.

Oh and jsut for funs, i want to ride a Bull netch and Stilt rider.
06-14-2006, 03:28 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
It COULD be an early Telvanni tower concept... but... in the Ashlands?
06-15-2006, 12:39 AM,

I know... but if you look closely there are carvings on the spires... odd...

anyhow, that "ashland ant" would be a good mount actually...
ants can carry a few times their own body weight, move fast, and their gait is not bumpy, they are relatively steady and sturdy... plus, ant are deadly... no doubt about it... so should we use this? and begin concepting?
or just forget it out as no doubt the Bethesda DEVs did...
06-15-2006, 12:49 AM,

I somehow think insectoid mounts would just look stupid. (You could add them in as regular creatures, though...)
06-15-2006, 09:22 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Axen
I somehow think insectoid mounts would just look stupid. (You could add them in as regular creatures, though...)
maybe we should try it, then decide if it looks stupid?
06-18-2006, 02:50 AM,

Hmm, if noly you could get MadMax for your mod team. He was ther creator of Pegas Horse ranch. He created horses, a dragon, a flying carpet, and a ship for morrowind from scratch. I will se if I cna hook him.