Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hist tree concepts
05-01-2006, 04:53 AM,
Hist tree concepts
Here is my concept of a hist tree. I imagined it as NPC Height, bearing a mystical egg shrouded in pink, deadly flowers.
[Image: histtree4iq.th.jpg]
05-03-2006, 07:24 AM,

Woh thats great but it should be bigger than NPC hight
:elk:
:worship: :worship:
05-03-2006, 10:02 AM,
RE: Hist tree concepts
Truly weird and wonderful. Makes me think of a boabab tree, which of course is rounded in outline.

Thing is the boabab has a block of a trunk as if it were a stump, but is therefor able to provide a solid base for the main branches that go absolutely eveywhere - one of the largest and oldest trees in the world.

I like the diffuse colouring (that is how it comes out on this screen - will check it on another comp later) and the etherial feel.

Decades ago I was an artist and picture restorer, I worked for Sothebys and Christies, and I'm damned if I know quite how you created the clear sense of something more than vegetable awareness, but the glimmering of it is there. Suspect that you drew this with your soul = v. brave.

Well done.
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
09-22-2006, 03:49 AM,

The lore on the hist is that it could posably be a sentient race, or at least semi-sentient. The half-ass tree i saw in oblivion pissed me off.
09-24-2006, 06:52 PM,

I'll make a speed tree and upload it with some screenshots.

[Image: jpegvj3.jpg]

I made three of them in diffrent shapes so they could "wrap" around each other.

The spt files are here, import them in CS, I don't have time.
http://www.webfile.ws/d/11861
"Your love of the Halfling's leaf has clearly slowed your mind."
-Saruman

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything."
-Jim Morrison, The Doors
09-25-2006, 05:27 PM,

I like it, it reminds me of a streched out olive tree. I hate the hist trees that Bethesda did, so plain!
09-25-2006, 06:11 PM,

this has been my idea of a Hist tree... a sort of mangrove/spore-puff/boabab tree
09-25-2006, 06:16 PM,

I'd like to see the mangroove style tree used too and a lot more often. It's an excellent marsh tree. I don't know about making it the hist though, I like the above version better.
09-25-2006, 06:17 PM,

Are those mushrooms on it's roots or bloated parts?
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
09-25-2006, 06:24 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Arbiter
Are those mushrooms on it's roots or bloated parts?
spore bloated parts... like puff-balls filled with spores and sap, with a leathery skin... and they release hormones and chemicals... and may have been what attracted Argonians to the roots of the Hist in the first place?