Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hist tree concepts
01-24-2010, 07:32 PM,

Aye, my thinking is that Senten's models are just the beginnings. More substantial Hist trees can be used closer to Helstrom...
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
01-24-2010, 07:35 PM,

Will there be some kind of massive Great Hist Tree at the centre of Helstrom or something?

I imagined Helstrom to basically be a city made entirely out of the roots of the Great Hist Tree (it's that big) and the city is governed and influenced by some cult that worships the Hist, and there is some kind of aura (perhaps a smell) given off by the tree that makes everyone follow it.
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
01-24-2010, 07:38 PM,

Some ents
True tests never end. :chaos:
Join Planeshift Developers!
http://www.planeshift.it/recruitment.html
01-24-2010, 07:46 PM,

Those are interesting ideas, JK. We should bear those in mind.

@ Catlemur - Nice pics, although clicking on them leads only to very small thumbnails...and I don't think we'll be following the Tolkien style with the Hist trees. They're a different idea, on the whole.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
01-24-2010, 08:24 PM,

Like what?Just curious.
01-24-2010, 08:48 PM,

Ents are too much like 'old men' who move slowly and are very wise. They are very earthy, sturdy and altogether tied to the natural world. The Hist, on the other hand, are more like the representation of a force or power that has existed since before the Nine. Their motives are often not understood by Imperials because they do not share a common ancestry. They can be treated as allies but not as kinsmen or brothers to the non-beast races. But, above all, the Hist are understood to have a purpose beyond mere growth, preservation and existence.

The basic explanation is: the idea of Ents has been over-used in fantasy fiction. We want to explore the Hist idea with more depth and originality. That's not just because our ambitions lead us towards an 'epic' interpretation but also because their description in the lore from Bethesda indicates something more in this vein.
01-24-2010, 09:01 PM,

Thanks for the crit guys and yeah I had a massive brain fart when I made that accidentally titling it Hisp Trees. I had drawn it up in a flash.
"Blood alone moves the wheels of history!"
02-18-2010, 02:49 PM,

A Sylvan from Dragon Age Origins.
02-18-2010, 05:14 PM,

Cheers, Catlemur.