Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hist tree concepts
09-25-2006, 06:26 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
Quote:Originally posted by Arbiter
Are those mushrooms on it's roots or bloated parts?
spore bloated parts... like puff-balls filled with spores and sap, with a leathery skin... and they release hormones and chemicals... and may have been what attracted Argonians to the roots of the Hist in the first place?

I see. You saw Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind? It's anime but it has amazing spore trees that would fit in here. :yes:
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
09-25-2006, 06:31 PM,

spore bloated parts... like puff-balls filled with spores and sap, with a leathery skin... and they release hormones and chemicals... and may have been what attracted Argonians to the roots of the Hist in the first place?

I see. You saw Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind? It's anime but it has amazing spore trees that would fit in here. :yes:
never seen it as far as i can remember :confused:
09-25-2006, 06:32 PM,

never seen it as far as I can remember :confused:

SCREEN

You should if you can spare some time. Wink
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
09-25-2006, 06:34 PM,

It's a good movie, the voices and music make me sleepy though.
09-26-2006, 09:41 PM,

I am torn between both concepts. I really want to make a root city I have been designing in my head, and KuKu's tree would work outstandingly, though I must admit that Swedishfish's concept is amazing as well. Anybody think it would be feasable to make a variety of Hist trees, including the ones in OB?(Just to stay consitant with Bethesda) Maybe we could use the same leaves with all of them, and add the pink in as well. I can make trees like nothing with Speed Tree, so anything works.

Edit: Bethesda's hist tree
[Image: 800px-Blackwood_Hist_Tree.jpg]
"Your love of the Halfling's leaf has clearly slowed your mind."
-Saruman

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything."
-Jim Morrison, The Doors
09-26-2006, 10:11 PM,

How about it turns out that Beth's tree was only a regular tree that consumed some hist sap, and that it isn't even the true form. It's not a cool tree. The hist needs to be a cool tree. Variations would be cool too.
09-27-2006, 12:30 AM,

how about this....
a young Hist is in the form of like Swedishfish's concept... an 'adolencent' is like that in Cyrodiil (but with some changes to make it less normal tree) and the oldest and mature Hist are like my concept...

and though Hist may not reproduce (which is maybe why they are loved even moreso by Argonians because destruction of one is the final destruction of one great nature spirit from the beginnings days, forever gone....
but some of the Hist-spirits are younger than others? Confusedhrug:
09-30-2006, 11:27 PM,

I totally dig that Idea. I say we have a direct link to the birth of an Argoinian and the birth of a hist tree, and that when an Argonian dies, it's soul assends to the hist tree, and it's birth tree reaches full maturity. That is why an Argonain will gladly die for it's hist tree, because it has a life in/with/as the tree. So when An argonian is born, we use the concept made by Swedishfish, and that I made in SPT(Speed Tree), then when they grow up, they look like the Beth style, just cooler(same leaves, cooler trunk and textures), then as I said, when an argonian dies, the tree reaches it's height and it's roots grow long and large, it becomes big, an ancient soul may be huge, maybe even comprable to the Graht Oaks, and at last it produces the highest of quality sap, from it's large "warts", it creates a wounderfull magic. I have an idea for a people of the root living in a communtiy that is litterally of the root, under/in a ancient/giant hist tree. I'll take a picture of my Uncle's tree to show the concept, and then draw a pretty picture.
-Saruman

-Jim Morrison, The Doors
10-01-2006, 02:39 AM,

and maybe... maybe the Hist can assemble a lot of souls of Argonians... and when a worthy soul enters and the Argonians are in dire times, the Hist can sacrifice its growth to reincarnate the soul... and so the Hist will shrink to a sapling Hist and the soul will be reborn, as a baby...
it may seem futile, but it is only natural... and the Hist are for balance... so if they help the people of the root, they must sacrifice their great girth and height...
10-01-2006, 05:16 AM,

ABSOLUTLY! That is a great Idea. I can see this hist idea going places!
-Saruman

-Jim Morrison, The Doors