Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hist tree concepts
03-16-2007, 08:34 PM,

speaking of nausicaa

[Image: 18659996.jpg]

this is sort of also along the lines of Kuks idea. (EDIT: at least to me)

well there isnt only one hist (because I doubt anyone EVER could smuggle the only hist tree out of argonia, especialy those mercenary weeklings) so I dont see any problem having little hist-lings and giant tree-god hists. just so long as they are incredibly rare
We live in deeds, not years; in thoughts, not breaths;
In feelings, not in figures on a dial.
03-16-2007, 10:18 PM,

you know what, perhaps the Hist come in all types of tree forms (all with tell-tale spore bulbs) that occur in Black Marsh?

maybe in the Parchlands it is a boabab, in the south it is a mangrove, in the north it is a giant jungle tree, and on the east a sort of palm? and in the center a unique type of plant, maybe similar to a willow except with mangrove roots and fatter trunk... ?

and maybe every Hist has a name? or maybeits name is the same as an Argonian tribe's name that safeguards it?
03-16-2007, 10:19 PM,

Not being negative but there are already hist trees ingame with the fighter's guild questline.
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
03-16-2007, 10:22 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
Not being negative but there are already hist trees ingame with the fighter's guild questline.
that Hist looked terrible :lol:
but I mean we're trying to be creative...

that Hist tree may have been a Hist of Blackwood... it looks like a tree from Blackwood and it was taken by thw Blackwood Co. so... Wink
03-17-2007, 03:39 AM,

That hist tree looked so plain and all, but keep in mind it was dragged up from it's roots, carried all the way to Cyrodiil, and left in a room with minimal sunlight nad machines constantly draining it's sap.

The Hist trees should have the spore things by the time they're mature, but that would be difficult to implement in SpeedTree.
Lol what?
04-12-2007, 09:04 PM,

let's allow the player to have quests on top of the hist tree =)
04-13-2007, 03:35 AM,

http://magickcanoe.com/trees/redwood-new-top-large.jpg

damylen.smugmug.com/photos/35550935-D.jpg
04-13-2007, 04:07 AM,

nice finds!
I especially like the second one Big Grin
makes me think of someplace like Angkhor Wat or Angkhor Thom
04-13-2007, 04:48 AM,

it was from wat
04-13-2007, 04:51 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by cruxvader
it was from wat
cool Big Grin

I am thinking perhaps the Lilmothiit culture (supposed to be extinct now) could be based on Indonesian and Cambodian stuff in real-life... but thats off-topic...

should we make all different forms for Hist? (liek types of trees)
all different ages of Hist? (sapling, tree, big gnarly fat tree)
or should we just make an overall type of tree for the Hist?

all good things to discuss

I think when we have someone to model Hist there should be like 10 different models... so there is a lot of variation...