Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Azguu'trak Remnant
05-18-2006, 12:13 AM,
The Azguu'trak Remnant
Opening/Prelude

Rise up, rise. Hinthortreh.

Many are slanderers, many, liars. None tell of what happened in those times. They do not remember, nor do they ever care to tell. They never cease their abominations. The lives which we once lived in unity is shattered, the heart, quenched, the spirit, whored. We have no life, used to slave and serve. Tales will tell different, but we know the truth, no stories are meant to please. For the scaled ones are of a different kind. We are of a different seed.

My memories are slown, my thoughts, too deep, their roots, lingering. Hinthortreh, as a thtithil is found in a swamp. It is too heavy to trudge through, some said. I did not have to listen, I did not want to listen. Even they, too, will find out the truth. Dy'kal, dy'kal, I say to them. When they find out, it will not be as we have seen.

The dunmer scum forced an account out of the three. The most proud, found, the most wise, taken.

The dark ones never could find an account of Zrak, though they tortured. Afterwards, their pity rised to their doom. Yes, much more will happen to the same who try to find out the key to Sos.

This is their account, to those who remained faithful to the truth.

//The Account of te Azguu'trak Remnant, as told by the Argonian warchief, Fare'yek, former head of the Caladrid clan.

Chapter 1

Sounds beckoned at my slumber, forcing me awake.
The drum beat rattle was long over as our gathering was all alseep. Most of my kin were under spell, too tired, or too nervous for the hunt, so I gathered my things and went. Kra'Nth and Trusus were awake at watch. The most barbaric of them. As I begun to scout forward, they signaled acceptance. What had driven me out was the cries of the night. The city was just taken, the dunmer scum, rid of, and the remaining surrendered like scalings. But a fair voice in pain could be heard

Kra'Nth, if he were given the city, would rule it like a tyrant. Trusus, a blind man, wouldn't care for it. Though I trusted the Riverback clan with my heart, my head kept looking back at Kra'Nth. It was only a few minutes before I heard the cries again. Trusus signaled for me to go north, I followed through the brush.

The cries got closer and closer. We followed the voice until we came upon it. We all hid in shadow and trunk. It was a caravan. The woman's voice came from inside of one of the wagons. I decided to go in ahead, as the others kept watch.

An imperial. And one in labor. She cried, and held her head back, pain filled her face, then rage. She saw me, and her eyes grew wide, and she smiled. I stood astounded at first, and took a few steps forward. She kept staring at me, smiling, silently.

The child was in my hands now, and to my amazment, it was drab blue. She was a concubine of a Dunmer.

She continued to smile, but the life had went out of her.
05-18-2006, 06:20 AM,

Thats pretty good cruxvader but arte there going to be more chapters?
:elk:
:worship: :worship:
08-20-2006, 02:38 PM,

Chapter 2

My account to you, Gracious Kleptocat Akran-Fol, would only be notibly pleaded with the exceptional graditude I have toward you and your reign. If it were not for your reinstatement, the decrees established between cyrodyll and your house, paticularly the Code of Trade and Non-Agression Pact with the Kal Ri, which came of veriftication through your advisors and the first, I would have thee know that originally, though unintended and unprovoked, it would only seem appropriate, firstly to make an account of the events which occured at Gal Tuuk, and secondly to describe the events afterwards which entangled me to prevent the engagment of the negotiations to follow through with the Orma.

One would not be entirely honest, to fail to mention that it was infact your men alone, who accomplished the recovery of the Meldu artifact. Although I played a small part in obtaining it, as if the Wise Klepto would read on.

As far as profits are concerned, the majority of the Kel-vite council have no knowledge of the incident. Indeed, your men worked swiftly as shadows, and in three days, we will have recovered all eight trade routes for the Akran. Profits determed by this margin will increase steadily. We predict no less than fourfold. This will give you an oppourtunity to finish the business with the Red Reils, and also, I mention humbly, to address to the Dren problem.

There was another matter which one of your men had... stumbled upon. We recovered a child who was born by an imperial mother. The child, was a dunmer. No doubt, he was from the Dren line, however, the mother had died after birth, so we were not able to determine any more details. This matter, delicately, is to be decided completely by you, majesty. This may prove to be a great help. Having an operative within our lines within the Dren house would produce considerable revenue. I trust any more details will be mentioned in later accounts.

As for the negotiation with the Orma's are concerned, their head wiseman Agaist had spoken with me as of before, in which you already know of. However, it has appeared that despite our most strong effort to convince them to assist us with the task, they have chosen foolishness and pride. A pack of their raiders attacked your men. Three were lost. Therefore, the enagement of the negotiations were delayed.

I request to handle this matter personaly great Kleptocrat Arkan-Fol. You know I am well able.

Your right hand man,
Degauss
08-20-2006, 02:40 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Remux Dreadfire
Thats pretty good cruxvader but arte there going to be more chapters?

Looks like you got your answer. Big Grin

I like very much. :goodjob:
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
04-15-2007, 09:11 PM,
Chapter 3
Thunder roared, and lightning struck in the distance. The captain had measured the amount of time it would take to travel to the marshes center. Eight days, at least, and probably more if we ran into any trouble. The smell of the swamp was strong and nauseating. I was in the back of the caravan on scout patrol, when I saw smoke rising up from a distance away.

"Hold steady!" I shouted

The caravan responded quickly and adequately. I jumped out the front, my hand on the rail to balance my fall within the swamp. It began to rain heavily. My feet sunk over a foot in, and the stench was pungent even more so, now that I was outside. I walked around the caravan to Dra'zeen.

"What is it, scout?"
"Smoke, to the north."
The Argonian captain turned his head north and looked at the rising smoke.
"The marsh is an inhospitable place. These things are common place. Back to your post."
He looked back at me with almost a sneer.

So, I trudged back into the back of the caravan.

There are always quandaries I find in functional value of particular objects. In a situation like the one I am going to describe, they are seen openly.

I grabbed onto the railing, my other hand on my sword, and climbed up.

The Argonian spear man in front of me had been holding his weapon quite firmly, which made a find lightning rod.

The bolt was there in a flash,(no kidding), and consumed him from head to toe. A fools luck and a thought of urgency arose... to be in the caravan at the right time exactly... But that was suspended by the caravan's crackling apart. You see, when lightning strikes water, it does more damage then the inital area of strike, especially if that target is in water. In a few seconds, the caravan's wheels gave away, and the entire vehicle splashed into the grime of the marsh.

I rushed outside of it for safety, and looked around for others. I saw Dra'zeen there, in the muck. His back was burnt as the sheer force had shifted his scales from their normal position to upright. His face was underneath.

I started to panick, and remembered that thunder sound can help you with determining the distance of the next strike... But that knowledge didn't really help me at all at the moment, so I went back to panicking. I started to head toward the smoke of all places.

It didn't take me long to get there. The village had been struck multiple times. Weapons littered the area, the bog filled with bodies. A battle within a thunderstorm, what horrible impeccable timing.
04-15-2007, 10:19 PM,

good stuff...

and by the way, its alright that you make these names (and include Orma) since anytime in the 1st, 2nd era, or even before there WERE native humans and many more Argonians (but years of war and slavery had reduced their numbers somewhat)...
so many of the things to talk of exist no longer. However, kleptocrats had always been around... really, most rulers that have ruled the Marsh (non-native) were kleptocrats in the sense they ruled by taking from the people.

so good job :goodjob: hope you keep it going
05-01-2007, 06:40 AM,
The Fourth Chapter
The creature lurked in the shadows, between tree to tree. The swamp and it's thistle shuddered every time his feet swept to the tree across from him. Back and forth, zigzaging, until he reached the end of the lithos or light swamp, and entered into the dephos, or deep swamp.

Foreman Rai Con Suade, a Breton of the Sheldra clan stood on top of the hist's large and protruding root, sharping a glassed dagger in which he carried for a side arm. His attention however, was focused on the area around him, looking at his men, and making sure they carried out their job correctly.

Hist gatherers, or Blighters as many of the Argonian natives called them, were there for one purpose, to take the life out of the hist. The process they used? None other then Imperial Built, Dwermer Technologically based machinery, That which would be set up in a single site in a matter of days. However, this required it's security. Anyone smart would yield themselves to a Magician guild to cover the area with a haze of chameleon and invisible walls, that is to keep the noise within. Anyone truthful enough would be able to discern the difference between the muffled sound the magic gave off in substitution of the real sound.

Perhaps the Breton had not considered the idea, or perchance he did, was mal-informed of his judgments. Either way, his reaction was stationary, and satisfactory in his own eyes. Truthfully, there wasn't ever a time when the man never saw things through, and he was very thorough. He had even gone to the extent of collecting rumors about him and the area as to what challenges he may face in this endeavor. He knew personally that this expenditure was worth it. The hist source and it's seed fetch a phenomenal price on the black markets of Argonia, save all Tamriel, and as many endeavored to gain such percentage on this opportunity, so did he.

After all, this was a remarkable land, and not just because of it's dense and stenched areas. There is money to be made in this area, and many adventurers coincided to work together to gain a profit. There are many marvels within Argonia, The dense jungles keep your feet close together and your eyes about the area. The common place of theft and burglary are ran over with desire to coincide with the lands, and to bring to it's established peace and serenity. A place where you can drop the inhibitions of man and mer, and relax within the walls of nature. Yet in all times, there are those who speak evil, who destroy that which exists. And to the mind of Fourty-Spears, there was to be no mercy.
05-01-2007, 10:29 PM,
The Fifth Chapter
Long before mer and men settled the lands of Argonia, The days when the hist grew in abundance across all of the land, flourishing more beautifully then a daedric and glass temple, as roses bloom in their natural habitat, unfinished, and thick, the thorns, piercingly rich, and displayed brilliantly in a hue of color. The hist was not much different back then...

Hinthortreh... Please Hear my words, for they are many.

The slanderers tales are sacred, yes? As we begin to learn of their hearts, begin to learn of their minds. One desires wealth, another poverty. None desire hate, nor begin to love for truth.

And those who love, who love for truth or love itself, are they not sacred already?

There is another tale that speaks of love. But perhaps in time, we will see it...

Theros, the red-faced Mer rode down the hills of Sereta. He sped hastily on his steed, the wind quickened against his face. Behind him, a trail of warriors mounted, stood against him. He would flee down the mountain: They spoke evil words of him, accusing him of what he had not done, and now he, to his astonishment, had no choice but to flee.

And where to? Down the hill into the forsaken lands. The lands where the trees grew close, thickly, and strongly, widening the gap of the earth with their strength. The ends of these trees were almost feral in appearance, one would first call them a flower, but then, due to the saturation of the colors and their distinct difference, judge different. A large spike thrusted itself out of the enclave of the center of the plant-end. It moved as the wind did, so Theros believed, as the wind showed him.

However, upon reaching them, he learned quickly otherwise. These spiked ends had eyes, and they opened upon recognition of Theros, and struck him simultaneously and repeatedly. His horse quickly fell ill of the venom distributed by the plants, as Theros trudged through the swamp land of tretchery, holding his side from a deep piercing wound. He kept going, staggering back and forth, until he could go no more.

The blooded red mer fell to his knees and began to weep over the pain. He looked to the sky for mercy, yet none came.
05-26-2007, 01:32 PM,
A lost side note
Cages around me...
Inside of me
Within my heart
Is all my fury.

There is a window in my room
Stained black brown and blue
Such a perfect hue
With a drear view

My ears are crackling with pain.
After the beating sustained.
It took against my brain.
I'll never be the same.

My feet have steeped within the swamp, and have now become one with it. I seek to be one with Argoinia, an extension of it's hand that grasps and crushes our enemies.
There are no kinsmen that are great beyond these Argonians, for we have that pledge of honor which comes from within us.
Do stand strong Argonian, for you are strong within your heart, and that which you do not know shall return to you and be revealed.

Hinthortreh, rise up. Take this spear, use it for our people.

It is our way, the argonian.
It is our way, the hist.
It is our way, the swamp.
Let nothing obscure you, let no injustice befall you! Let peace betroth your paths.

Brother, stand still, stand strong, move steadily.
Sister, be wise, press on, sing heavily.

Praise and glory to the hist, praise and glory to our sustaining.
10-20-2007, 12:12 AM,

Many men have traversed the planes of the spirits and reality, but few see the link between moment and progression. There is always a hidden message behind the value of the present, whether hidden or revealed, whether good or evil. No matter what words are said, there is this life which drives people.

It took me four long years to realize this.

The lands of Argonia are vast and wild, and the recent venture to seize their lands has gone through many stages.There are over eighteen actively known tribes which are involved in some sort of conflict, and some to a greater degree then the other. The lands of the Imperium used to be as such in older times, but we learned through time that there were other methods to dealing with such disputes, by and through law. However, to the ears of the many nobles, those conflicts were viewed in a satirical sense, and thus, with a lack of reflection upon themselves, many imperials went with the given plans. For them to take these things seriously was a known disillusionment among the people. It was often the warrior on the front line which had the heart to press forth, much less the puppet emperor denoting "Expansionism, Restoration, Salvation!". At first, there were 'beacons of light' who held the way to expansionism, and we would ultimately behooved to choose it by them alone.

My imperial name is of no importance. You only need to know that I was a soldier of the Imperial Army. The political expansion into Argonia has been progressing for over ninety years now. When we first decided to expand into it, officials at the time said that it would take nine years to encompass the area. However, they lacked the knowledge of the climate, much more they lacked knowledge of the people. Now, the establishment of Imperial Fortresses was to be the beginning point of this expansion. However, year after year, we would be subdued. By our own corruption, or by bribes by the enemy, we would be taken in. There were many officials who spoke out against this initially, but they were quickly silenced. The saying is true: The many within know the heart of the few.