Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anthology of hard-to-find CS tips
10-12-2006, 08:29 PM,

it depends on if you still have the havok button on. remember to turn it off for the exact placement parts, or it will just float up again.
Lol what?
10-29-2006, 08:12 PM,

Ooh! Ooh! I just found something rather interesting, but somewhat useless! Big Grin Hold SHIFT and press "w" to make the purple water in the CS dissappear. Smile
10-29-2006, 08:24 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
Ooh! Ooh! I just found something rather interesting, but somewhat useless! Big Grin Hold SHIFT and press "w" to make the purple water in the CS dissappear. Smile
FINALLY! I hate that thing, it looks like a sea of strawberry slushy instead of water. Big Grin
When the game is over, the King and the Pawn go back into the same box.
10-29-2006, 08:28 PM,

It's not useless. According to the CS wiki tutorial about landscape LOD, turning the water off is used for generate LOD textures. If the water is visible, textures are made with the purple places on it. Wink
Michal Cielecki
Composer for Games and Media
http://www.michalcielecki.com

-------------------------------------

Akavir's Island Mod Music
10-29-2006, 08:35 PM,

I have one: Do NOT re-size the iron hanging lamps that have the physics activated.

When touched, they'll move accordingly, but then they will begin a ridiculous bouncing spree that often results in it's own mesh's failure.
"It's only wrong if you suck at it."
10-30-2006, 02:53 AM,

When editing land textures and there are so many objects and it's hard to get to everything, hit Ctrl+Shift+C and every object will disappear.
Lol what?
10-31-2006, 10:47 AM,

do not use the third type of oblivion lava land texture , it causes the cs to crash .
I noticed when turning bright light of and only using the normal light in caves , you will easily find mistakes you made in the cave ( titleset objects not placed on the correct way are very easy to spot like this . ) . Save , AS MUTCH AS YOU CAN ! Also , here ( i dont know or other people have the prolem ) the cs crashes every time it is supposed to outosave , so i turned outosave af .
12-19-2006, 07:16 PM,

1. by pressing the "I" key in Landscape edit modus you can delete textures in a cell

2. set "bAllowMultipleEditors=0" in ConstructionSet.ini to 1, what it does should be clear Smile

3. enlarge the "UGridstoLoad in ConstructionSet.ini can be verry useful for landscape editing or creating maps
12-19-2006, 08:53 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Entartet
1. by pressing the "I" key in Landscape edit modus you can delete textures in a cell

2. set "bAllowMultipleEditors=0" in ConstructionSet.ini to 1, what it does should be clear Smile

3. enlarge the "UGridstoLoad in ConstructionSet.ini can be verry useful for landscape editing or creating maps

First one sounds interesting, #1 might proove useful to get rid of incorrect heightmapping data, if it can't be directly overwritten. Smile

HeIsTheDarkness already told us about UGridstoLoad a long way back, but thanks for the reminder. =) That should be mentionned here. :yes:
12-20-2006, 02:15 AM,

I'm stupid, so what does "bAllowMultipleEditors" do?
Lol what?