Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open jobs for modellers
06-29-2006, 11:53 PM,

Hoss: Since I didn't get a copy of those models in particular back then, I couldn't add them to the mod early on. During your absence gundalf picked up the claim (so to speak) to model the whole collection of Dunmer furniture.

I'm still planning to add a Redoran subculture or two - villages that used to constitute Minor Houses and which were absorbed into House Redoran, but didn't feel like tearing down their houses just because they joined. Wink Stuff keeps cropping up on my to-do-list, but I'd really like to follow through on that idea when time permits. So if you'd like, I would be honored to have your interpretation of Dunmer furniture as the default style for one or both those villages. Assuming you can provide them as finished nifs.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-30-2006, 12:59 AM,

Well Shoot! If gundalf is doing them then I will gracefully withdraw my offer. But I'll look at the list again and see if there is something else I could do. Has anyone claimed #7. I like doing objects like bowls,cups,viles,plates, and such. Any of those things needed?
If so can you point me in the direction of where they are in the mesh list?
06-30-2006, 01:42 AM,

No-one's currently working on the beverage bottles, or have expressed a wish to work on them, so please go right ahead :goodjob:
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
06-30-2006, 01:54 AM,

Cool I'll Check Those out.
07-01-2006, 08:55 PM,

RW: I made reference pictures of almost all the Dunmer containers, they might come in handy.

number 1
number two
[1ST]T[/1ST]his is what a heightmap looks like, this is what it does when it catches hold of you, it's eating me alive and very soon now it will kill me.
07-01-2006, 09:38 PM,

2 of the containers on the second picture are NOT dunmer.

note: those are the ones that i can tell by sight.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
07-01-2006, 09:41 PM,

And the cabibnet. The far one.

EDIT: The hutch too.
07-01-2006, 10:24 PM,

I would like to tackle al the 2's but can anyone give me reference images and Any NIF's available. Or can anyon tell me how to use the BSA tool or give me one that has an interface. Thanks. If someone already is working on them just tell me.
Semper Fidelis..... - Always Faithful (Marine Corp Motto)
07-01-2006, 11:28 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Killamike718
I would like to tackle al the 2's but can anyone give me reference images and Any NIF's available. Or can anyon tell me how to use the BSA tool or give me one that has an interface. Thanks. If someone already is working on them just tell me.
I'd suggest you download The Orrery, it's got Dwemer architecture in it. It has to be remade, of course, because we don't want to make this mod dependent on an official mod.
But, really, the Dwemer interiors were kinda lacking in TES3. And there could've been more exterior things.
07-01-2006, 11:38 PM,

Thanks nerbod but reference images were useful before NifSkope was able to export .obj from TES3 nifs. Before then it seemed the geometry of the old nifs were locked away for everyone who didn't have an arcaic Max version that worked with old fan-made importer plugin. After it got that ability, it became a much better option to extract .obj from old nifs and import them into Max and see the old model threedimensionally, as that lets the modeller know the scale and what textures to use on his or her mimicry model.

It's an even better option today, since there's a full nif importer plugin for the newer version of Max that came bundled with gundalf's exporter, so one doesn't have to go through NifSkope anymore. So, with those tools, any modeller that has access to TES3 can import references directly into Max.

Killamike718: Perfect, go right ahead! Here's a copy of the nifs: -download- The archive has both the normal and the tribunal ones. The latter aren't particularly necessary, but I thought I might as well include them.

The TES3 "BSA Browser 0.5" tool has a GUI though, in case you want to extract the dwemer textures or something like that. We have it in the database: http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/jgs_db.php?a...=5&katid=3
(Select and doubleclick files to extract them; annoyingly, files are extracted to individual folders)
Angel mired in filth