Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open jobs for modellers
07-02-2006, 03:33 AM,

HEy thanks alot, Big help with the Dwemer ruins, ill work on the remakes but what are the poly limits(triangles please)?

Edit: Couldnt get the tool to work, Could you extract all the textures for me? If you cant, Thats completely understandable. (just need it for better Visualization)

Edit(2): Do you want me to make normal maps or any other maps (specular, Gloss), where i see fit? or is someone else going to create them, I use Zbrush 2.0 soo its very easy for me to make Normal maps and displacement maps, but Oblvion doesnt support displacement maps.
Semper Fidelis..... - Always Faithful (Marine Corp Motto)
07-02-2006, 04:10 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Killamike718
HEy thanks a lot, Big help with the Dwemer ruins, ill work on the remakes but what are the poly limits(triangles please)?

Edit: couldn't get the tool to work, Could you extract all the textures for me? If you cant, Thats completely understandable. (just need it for better Visualization)

Edit(2): Do you want me to make normal maps or any other maps (specular, Gloss), where I see fit? or is someone else going to create them, I use Zbrush 2.0 soo its very easy for me to make Normal maps and displacement maps, but Oblvion doesnt support displacement maps.
You can actually go kinda crazy on the facecount. Not sure how much, though.
As for displacement maps, no realtime rendering API supports them. There's such a thing as parallax mapping, which is a way of faking displacement mapping, though Oblivion already does this in the blue channel of normal maps.
Make sure to incribe Dwemeris (which actually uses the Ehlnofex alphabet) on stuff. (Get the fonts from http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/Vi...il&id=3165 )
07-02-2006, 04:10 AM,

Killamike718: Excellent! Hmm... maybe 2,000 faces per interior tileset piece? That seems like a good number. There's a lot more leeway for stuff that'll only be seen in interior cells, and of course a modder can just cut off his cell and start a second one when the FPS starts to become affected. Then again being able to mod huge, intermixed layouts is fun too, so if it had been 20,000 faces a modder couldn't fit very many rooms in a cell.

Might I recommend the TES3 retexture pack "Vibrant Morrowind 3.0"? What the guys behind it did in most cases were just upping the saturation of the normal Morrowind textures, meaning the textures in that pack is very close to the original. I think it could be handy if you can't extract from the bsa's.

Yes, please make normal- and specular maps Smile
I don't work with textures myself, so I won't pretend like I can give advice on them, but one thing I've picked up is that normal maps take more technical work than many think at first, in order to work as well as Bethesda's normal maps do.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-02-2006, 04:14 AM,

Hey good find, its more than perfect! ill get started after DL

Edit: As for font, I DLed from this site and i was originally planning to use that in the normal map, Any specific Sayings, you want me to write?

Edit (2): I was thinking that after im done with an object ill make 3 Versions of it with the normal map and texture and even some geometry here and there. is that a good idea or is there better techniqes?
07-02-2006, 04:35 AM,

You'll have to paint the letters in to the color textures. (And did you get it off of the Academy, or PES? If from the former, get it from PES, since the Academy is missing one of the fonts.)
I took a bunch of screenshots of the Orrery, want me to email them to you?

(Razorwing, maybe you should find the facecount of an IC interior piece as an example... we're not exactly in the TES3 days of facecount anymore.)
07-02-2006, 05:02 AM,

Well i downloaded them fom here, but i will DL from PES just in case.

What is the "Orrery"? But any screenshots are useful,My email is xxnycthugxx@yahoo.com . and while your at it, could you e-mail me the PES dwemer text, because i dont have account, but if you cant e-mail, totoally understandable.

Just ran into a big problem!!! how do you open ESM/ESP files???? Thanks, sorry about my annoyance, but the textures came with an ESP file and dont know how to open.
07-02-2006, 05:16 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Killamike718
What is the "Orrery"? But any screenshots are useful,My email is xxnycthugxx@yahoo.com . and while your at it, could you e-mail me the PES dwemer text, because I dont have account, but if you cant e-mail, totoally understandable.
The Orrery. Just be prepared to have $2 vanish from your pockets. (Or, you can conjure up dark arts... you know what I mean by that.)
07-02-2006, 05:19 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Axen
(Razorwing, maybe you should find the facecount of an IC interior piece as an example... we're not exactly in the TES3 days of facecount anymore.)

You don't think I know these things? Wink

The attached screenshot shows a random IC basement tile. This particular one has 1884 faces. The many others I checked have less.

First off you can't compare the polydensity of miniscule above-ground house cells in the Imperial City to what would be needed in a Dwemer ruin. Bethesda knew the interiors in the IC would be small, therefore they made the above-ground interior models suitably heavy on detail.

But not even that is true all the time; for instance take a random cell like "ICElvenGardensAdrianDecaniusHouse" for example. The interior house model is one whole piece, close to 20,000 polys. Gauge with your eyes how large it is in normal 256x256x256 cubes of space. It's at least ten.

You could have taken the "RFW" tileset as an example instead, both since it's closer to how the Dwemer set would be used but also because the pieces have double or more the facecount I recommended. The reason they do is because Bethesda has fused a lot of would-be clutter to the pieces themselves, and so those interiors are sparsely decorated beyond the tileset itself. I'd much rather see separate pieces of clutter and furniture so our dungeons doesn't have to look as repetetive as Bethesda's do.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-02-2006, 05:38 AM,

Check your inbox, Mike.
07-02-2006, 09:20 PM,

HEY Thank you soo much and sorry for putting through all that trouble. Wow the orrery looks amazing, Soo thats what Dwemer architecture looks like in ablivion? Ill try to imitate that as best as possible. Does anyone know how to open ESM/ESP fies yet??