Howdy

Anyone have info on the possible locations of St. Veloth's final resting place
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
07-25-2006, 01:47 AM,
RE: Saint Veloth
Here's something KuKulzA wrote, not sure if it will help you or not (I don't think it mentions any final resting places and I don't know how accurate it is), but when it comes to Morrowind lore, he's your best bet!

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
wise woman will tell you, should you be cordial and a friend of the Velothi... the Story of the Seven Houses....

St. Veloth came one day, across the mountains, he carried his staff and led his caravan and the Chimer followed with their packs and their skins golden tan. He followed as Boethiah bade him, evaded the Dwemer as shown by Mephala, and survived as Azura taught... they lived on the land and traveled into Resdayn, they vowed to live apart from the bad Mer in the west

Veloth made camp by a mountain... some of Veloths people left to live in a cave, their hetman three-eyed, they would later use iron, wood, and stone, they were great assassins and mystics- but they left the Veloth.

Veloth left for a rocky river bed. It was the home of crabs, and their shells lay drying in the sun and some of his warriors crept into the shells and laid down their mats, they were the great warriors- but they left the Veloth.

Veloth came across a muddy flat, and the children of Veloth made castles of clay. A trader in the tribe decided to make a large home of clay and wood, and they prospered with trade and fields- but they left the Veloth

Veloth set out again, though he was unhappy with the deserters. He came upon a land full of stones and woods.... and many braves left to make homes of metal and rock.... they grew strong- but they left the Veloth
Veloth traveled east, to the mushroom forests, away from his warrior-deserters. Then his magicians found a mushroom, that grew hollow, and they lived in it, and grew strange and powerful- but they left the Veloth.

Veloth went south to the jungle near where the lizard demons prowl and silver-skinned men hunt. Some of his gulakhans caught some slaves and made a home of strong wood of the jungle- but they left the Veloth.

Veloth left for the City-of-the-Strong-Shield, to see what he could see, and the Dwemer let him live in the land between their freeholds, but he tired of the Velothi dome and the prison of house... and set out again....
Veloth traveled to the ashlands with what was left of his Chimer, they lay under moon and star, under yurt, and with their guar, but they did not live in the seven houses that imprisons ones mind and body....
the yurt is good, and Azura will guide and the Ashlanders will not leave the Veloth

Later, the seventh House-folk gathered with the greater House-folk of the caves, the shells, the mud, the stones, the mushrooms, and the woods... and altogether they only equaled the Velothi tribes in wealth and strength, however, when great Nerevar, ashkhan and lord high councilor, led our people with the House-folk to fight the Dwemer, the three false gods, generals of Nerevar slew him and the House-folk grew strong. The Dagoth, once a great friend of Nerevar grew dark and evil.... and the land of Vvardenfell fell into ash and blight. And so we await the Nerevarine.... who is foretold in the Prophecies

[/hr]
there you go guys, questions, comments, suggestions, and criticism all welcome!

Why do you need to know Veloth's final resting place anyhow? ?(
07-25-2006, 03:34 AM,

Smile

Thanks

Yes I have read this before, the next last paragraph indicates he was in the ashlands (lots of area to cover in that)

Two reasons actually

#1 just for knowledge

#2 Ben V. submitted his version of the Ancient Gate interiors which are actually very nice, they never made it into the 1-4_3 release
In his version Saint Veloth's Tomb is included, hidden away and protected with in the walls of the Gate

I'm not sure if I agree with this location for the Tomb

But in my re-do of the Interiors I am going to include some of Ben's work
Sooooo before I take it out, I thought I would check with the lore buffs about this actually being one of the possible resting places

I haven't read anywheres, that a place is known. but it could be in some obscure text

Smile

07-25-2006, 03:38 AM,

Perhaps there is a rumor that the tomb may not actually be the true resting place of Veloth, but it could be anywhere?
07-25-2006, 03:59 AM,

It could be,

But in this case he is actually their "Saint Veloth the Prophet" thats what it says. with his robe and staff, just like moses

surrounded by statues and soul gems and guarded by a bunch of dudes in glass armour and some Daedra Lords

pretty cool stuff

I just don't know if the Ancient Gate is one of the possible places

Smile maybe it is

07-25-2006, 04:55 AM,

There's a 'Veloth Ancestral Tomb' in the West Gash, near Gnisis...

That's all I know.
Artemis Vendu - sucking Vvardenfell dry since 3E 394
07-25-2006, 05:12 AM,

Its a start

everyone starts somewheres

Smile

09-06-2008, 09:11 AM,

Howdy,

strolling through the boards, I stumbled over this little thread which led to an extensive visit at the Imperial Library and other places of knowledge and wisdom.

Either I have overlooked / not seen / missed it or there is definitely no information about the final resting place of Saint Veloth so the Ancient Gate could just be the spot.

What I also haven't found is a description where exactly Veloth and his followers entered Morrowind. That the Velothi Mountains are named after him could lead to the conclusion that it was somewhere there, so - why not at the Ancient Gate?

It might be that after he died, his people brought him to the place where they first entered Resdayn for his final rest.

Greetings,

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
09-06-2008, 02:13 PM,

Howdy

That is a very sound answer !

Thank you

So we will say that is it and a good thing too since it is allready in the Ancient Gate Big Grin

Now based on what you just indicated above I will write a book and
add it to the Keep Library in Karthor Dale and one for the Silgrad Library and the one in Blacklight also

or would that be too many if we decided to use this as a quest idea to find Veloth's Tomb ?

EDIT

I forgot to mention, I was the only one to have a copy of the completed Ancient Gate Interior and it is lost forever. Thier are pieces of it in the Archives, the part with the Tomb is still intact but everything else is
naught. It will have to be re-do'd Big Grin

Enjoy
Bob