Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[PS] Normal Mapping and it's Importance
01-23-2007, 07:54 PM,

Hi. First, in Data\Meshes\Landscape\LOD the number is 16779267.etc, and my world space ID in the CS is 01000803. I've made many new world spaces for testing purposes, but I always clean out the appropriate folders before making a new one. I finally got my Visible When Distant architecture to show up, but I'm not sure how I managed it. Seems a lot of folks have the same problem, and the 'half-black' landscape texture in the textures\landscapelod\generated folder, but think I found a work-around for that by renaming the mis-named .dds file. The Construction Set has a few bugs, I think. And, yes, the CS Wiki needs a proper tutorial page on building new world spaces and the problems encountered with this. I've been reading many forums and lots of people are having problems with this, so any help you can offer would be much appreciated, and I will add any new information to the Wiki here:
http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/ind...orld_Space
02-08-2007, 05:25 AM,

Reguarding transparencey, in photoshop what I would do is just use the background eraser tool and in the game it would show up transparent. Same with tweaking the opacity settings.

Although I will admit is took a little longer but I could have more control on what was transparent and what was solid.

Is there a special texture tool for creating a mirror effect?
"In brotherhood, the failure of one be the failure of all"